vincent placed on IR

Dan III

This may be the conclusion of Vincent's career. Adios amigo.

772046[/snapback]

Thank you Troy. I am sure your teammates like Clements and McGee appreciate how much you have meant to their development. Hopefully you will be able to help out Whitner and Simpson too.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. If Simpson stays healthy, by the middle of next season we could have one of the nastiest secondaries in the NFL. Think back to the Niners when Lott, Hicks, and Williamson were rookies.

Of course, they could all end up sucking ass. But I'm not a fan of non-physical guys like TV at the safety position - or anywhere else for that matter.

Just curious if you're including Clements as part of that pack next year?

772097[/snapback]

Once Nate sees how many chances he can take w/ a couple of ball-hawking safeties behind him, he won't want to leave.

(I can dream, can't I?)

I had no opportunity to see the NE game. How long was it after Vincent went down and left the field?

772038[/snapback]

2nd defensive series

From this article

Vincent said he was merely reaching over to touch Patriots running back Corey Dillon down when he felt a twinge in his left leg.

:lol: - unlikely he would have withstood the rigors of a full season

Vincent's whole 24 games at FS qualify him as having "exceptional savvy" at the position? In his time in Buffalo, hasn't TV been getting torched pretty regularly? Even if Simpson gets beat in coverage (which we're somewhat used to), could his physical tools and playmaking skills make up for some of it?....Just playing devil's a bit

771985[/snapback]

No as far as being torched regularly based on the objective evidence out there.

His first year here was 2004 and the Bills finished statistically with the second best D in the league. The pron with the Bills that year occured when they had a horrible start, but TV was actually already showing signs of being on the backside of his career and was out. During the win streak the Bills generally were the ones doing the torching.

The D problem in the final game agaist Pitts was stopping the run as Paker ran all over us to join with ST failures of Lindell missing a chip shot and NC kaying a PR on the turf along with Bledsoe failing to move the D effectively.

Last year, TV tied for the lead the team in INTs and FRs, and the complaint about him in a year where our whole D was ineffective was not about his pass coverage but his tackling as he is not the guy with the past talents to cast him orimarily as a run stopper as the zone blitz sometines calls on safeties to do rather the the Cover 2 which at least tried to use him more correctly though in the end he broke down.

If you have any specifics of him being burned regularly beyond the general party line I;d love to see them.

No as far as being torched regularly based on the objective evidence out there.

His first year here was 2004 and the Bills finished statistically with the second best D in the league.  The pron with the Bills that year occured when they had a horrible start, but TV was actually already showing signs of being on the backside of his career and was out.  During the win streak the Bills generally were the ones doing the torching.

The D problem in the final game agaist Pitts was stopping the run as Paker ran all over us to join with ST failures of Lindell missing a chip shot and NC kaying a PR on the turf along with Bledsoe failing to move the D effectively.

Last year, TV tied for the lead the team in INTs and FRs, and the complaint about him in a year where our whole D was ineffective was not about his pass coverage but his tackling as he is not the guy with the past talents to cast him orimarily as a run stopper as the zone blitz sometines calls on safeties to do rather the the Cover 2 which at least tried to use him more correctly though in the end he broke down.

If you have any specifics of him being burned regularly beyond the general party line I;d love to see them.

772363[/snapback]

:(:w00t::D