Bills lose 17-19!

Apart from all of the obvious, you act like you not only expected them to become great over night, but also win against the Pats.

I want to see a winning team too.  If you look closer, you just might see one looming over the horizon.

767560[/snapback]

Yes!

History usually dictates that teams rise to the top (and stay there) starting out this way more times than blazing out of the gate green and fast...

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Choke is a harsh word.  "Choke" is usually reserved for teams that are predicted to win.

This was hardly a choke.  A ten point lead is like a one goal lead in hockey.

:rolleyes:

767605[/snapback]

We NEED to win divisional games bro. I love this team and do see an upside but they need to play alot better, particularly on D.

You take whatever points you can get on the road and expect your D to stop them

767559[/snapback]

This much I agree with wholeheartedly...

There was absolutely no reason to go for that 4th Down Play early in the 3rd Quarter. The NE Crowd was silent and the Patsies were in a daze. Why give them a reason to wake up?

I think Jauron has done a VERY good job bringing this Team together but I just disagree with the Call 100%. And I was screaming "Kick the FG" at the time so this is definitely not a 2nd guess.

You take the Points on the Road. At NE on Opening Day Points are NOT that easy to come by...And BTW...The Bills lost by 2...

Still a very good effort against a quality Opponent on the Road...Just not good enough...

DOOOMED.........

C'mon man, it's one game.  We can rebound.  Of course it would have been a great win.  But a young team learned they need to do what it takes to finish.  It will come together, I have faith in the coaching staff and players.

767614[/snapback]

Sure we can rebound and maybe even learn a lesson from it, but no matter what way you look at it the Bills should have won this game and they didn't, wins are hard to come by in New England and it's hard to get any closer than the Bills were today.

Hypothetically, if the Bills have positives every week, which they should, and they finish 4-12 are you going to be happy?  Not me.

767612[/snapback]

Yes.

But, if they don't finish better than 9-7 next year... I will be disappointed.

People, you are not going to build a "dark horse" champion in one year too often.

Things will go well... Trust people... I get the feeling history is being made

Hypothetically, if the Bills have positives every week, which they should, and they finish 4-12 are you going to be happy?  Not me.

767612[/snapback]

Hmmmm, let me think.

Playing away to the Pats(Won 2 of last 5 SBs)....1st week into a new Offensive & Defensive scheme....new coaches.....very young defense......young QB who is obviously improving.....OL that is starting to mesh......lose by 2.

Who said 4-12?

The result was a loss which is not good but how can you take this loss & come away with 4-12????

That's what some of said before the game even started in the days leading up to this game.  We all knew they were lacking at receiver.  So all we had to do is stop the run and the Pats would likely commit turnovers on the passing game.  We just didn't execute. 

I don't buy the "we had injuries to starters" excuse.  So did they but they wanted it and we didn't.

767620[/snapback]

You act as if we can just simply turn on a switch and BOOM...Superbowl contender. Overnight. Listen, I hate watching this team lose as much as the next fan, but the whole "they wanted it more" argument is so cliched its not even funny.

Think of how many new people came to this team. New coaching staff. New Players. Rookies stepping up. Then look at the Patriots, overloaded with talented vets who have played a long time as a unit.

The Patriots won because they are the better team at this moment, thats all there is. BUT we gave them a run and almost came out of there with a huge victory, a team that is still starting to gel and who I was uber-impressed with.

Do we have things to correct? Sure we do, but calling this a choke while ALREADY calling this season a wash is just silly.

Funny thing is, next week if we win in Miami...all of this is forgotten, and its time to heap praises on the team.

But for now? Lets keep complaining.

This much I agree with wholeheartedly...

There was absolutely no reason to go for that 4th Down Play early in the 3rd Quarter. The NE Crowd was silent and the Patsies were in a daze. Why give them a reason to wake up?

I think Jauron has done a VERY good job bringing this Team together but I just disagree with the Call 100%. And I was screaming "Kick the FG" at the time so this is definitely not a 2nd guess.

You take the Points on the Road. At NE on Opening Day Points are NOT that easy to come by...And BTW...The Bills lost by 2...

Still a very good effort against a quality Opponent on the Road...Just not good enough...

767657[/snapback]

Actually you take the points at home and go for the win on the road. We get a TD there and we probably win that game. I like the call.

Hmmmm, let me think.

Playing away to the Pats(Won 2 of last 5 SBs)....1st week into a new Offensive & Defensive scheme....new coaches.....very young defense......young QB who is obviously improving.....OL that is starting to mesh......lose by 2.

Who said 4-12?

The result was a loss which is not good but how can you take this loss & come away with 4-12????

767663[/snapback]

I'm not upset with the loss as much as I'm upset with how they lost. This was classic Bills. They give you hope only to crush that hope by the end of the game. I don't know why I allow myself to fall for it every time.

Yes.

But, if they don't finish better than 9-7 next year... I will be disappointed.

People you are not going to build a "dark horse" champion in one year too often.

Things will go well... Trust people... I get the feeling history is being made

767661[/snapback]

One year? This team has sucked since 95.

Hmmmm, let me think.

Who said 4-12?

767663[/snapback]

Do you know what the word hypothetical means???

They might go 12-4, it's a hypothetical. :rolleyes:

We NEED to win divisional games bro.  I love this team and do see an upside but they need to play alot better, particularly on D.

767639[/snapback]

I agree... It is a jerker to lose on a saf...

I think it is better for a young team IN A WAY! :rolleyes::angry:

Think what happened on opening day a few years ago... And on closing day!

On another note... Didn't the Pats MISS the PAT on the second TD... That is what NFL.com had on GameCenter briefly... Thus my "6" comment earlier.

???

You act as if we can just simply turn on a switch and BOOM...Superbowl contender.  Overnight.  Listen, I hate watching this team lose as much as the next fan, but the whole "they wanted it more" argument is so cliched its not even funny.

767670[/snapback]

As much as I hate to say, NE did it.

Do you know what the word hypothetical means???

They might go 12-4, it's a hypothetical.  :rolleyes:

767699[/snapback]

OK....Hypothetically, if the Bills have positives every week, which they should, and they finish 12-4 are you going to be happy?

Your hypothetical was virtually a rhetorical question.

I ignored your hypothetical & addressed your attitude that the loss today indicated no progression for the team.

Bottom line is the Bills played a lot better than anyone could have anticipated.

Could they have won the game....Of course

Should they have won the game....YES

Did they learn a tough lesson today....Oh yeah

I am dissapointed that we lost, but I feel good about our performance. This is an extremely young team playing a veteran team and it showed.

The big question is, can they bounce back next week? I think they can and will show up against the phins.

OK....Hypothetically, if the Bills have positives every week, which they should, and they finish 12-4 are you going to be happy?

Your hypothetical was virtually a rhetorical question.

I ignored your hypothetical & addressed your attitude that the loss today indicated no progression for the team.

767724[/snapback]

Bottom line is we are 0-1 when clearly, the way the 1st half went, we should be 1-0. Losing frustrates me and it has been going on for 10 years straight.

Bottom line is we are 0-1 when clearly, the way the 1st half went, we should be 1-0.  Losing frustrates me and it has been going on for 10 years straight.

767743[/snapback]

Hey, losing frustrated me as well. Ask my wife, as I dropped the F bomb several times today (mostly in the 2nd half). But the truth is that this team is not a Super Bowl calliber team, it's not even a playoff team. But from the play of some young talented players, it won't be long until we are back.

Hey, losing frustrated me as well.  Ask my wife, as I dropped the F bomb several times today (mostly in the 2nd half).  But the truth is that this team is not a Super Bowl calliber team, it's not even a playoff team.  But from the play of some young talented players, it won't be long until we are back.

767764[/snapback]

Man I hope your right. It's been a long time. To see them dominate the way they did in the first half, it was hard to watch them in the 2nd.