Differences

OGTEleven

Can someone explain the difference to me?

When Michael Moore put out his movie that clearly contained half truths, intentionally misleading segments and allegations along with dubious conclusions, Republicans complained and Democrats were either silent or supportive.

Now ABC is planning on a movie that supposedly shows either (or both) misleading notions/false premises and the Republicans are silent while Democrats complain and have active members of the Senate making overt threats to ABC and strongly suggesting they pull the plug on the movie.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain the difference to me?

When Michael Moore put out his movie that clearly contained half truths, intentionally misleading segments and allegations along with dubious conclusions, Republicans complained and Democrats were either silent or supportive.

Now ABC is planning on a movie that supposedly shows either (or both) misleading notions/false premises and the Republicans are silent while Democrats complain and have active members of the Senate making overt threats to ABC and strongly suggesting they pull the plug on the movie.

765931[/snapback]

Moore's piece of garbage was telling outright lies.

The ABC movie is telling the truth, that Bubba was more interested in getting his knob slobbed than protecting the country.

The ABC movie is telling the truth, that Bubba was more interested in getting his knob slobbed than protecting the country.

765967[/snapback]

WARNING: CHEAP BARB AHEAD (First paragraph)... :o;)

Last time I looked, 911 happened on GW's watch... Maybe the new transition team should have paid more attention to the advice the was given. Is it a shock that they (the hawks) appear to be the kinds of guys that do not listen to what ideas others may have? To me, the last 5 years proves that they can't listen to anything outside of their own hard-line agenda.

I sorry... Protecting the country doesn't mean throwing the baby out with the bathwater for 3,000 people. Bad things happen, you adjust according so they don't repeat themselves in the SAME way. There is many ways the US could have done this without getting all mental or going ballistic.

I am sorry to sound cold and callous... Please, my intent is not to offend the dead or living.

I need a lot higher numbers, A LOT higher numbers to delcare the sky is falling.

I must be one cold SOB...

:w00t:

Last time I looked, 911 happened on GW's watch...

766018[/snapback]

And the Berlin Wall came down during his daddy's first year as President. I guess the policies of Reagan, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Nixon had nothing to do with it since it happened on GHW Bush's watch

I need a lot higher numbers, A LOT higher numbers to delcare the sky is falling.

I must be one cold SOB...

:o

766018[/snapback]

So you need higher numbers.

Are the "numbers" (or lies) high enough in the ABC docudrama to merit sitting US Senators to call for ABC to pull under threat of the FCC crawling up their butts?

Is that the proper place for the democrats to focus their attention?

And the Berlin Wall came down during his daddy's first year as President.  I guess the policies of Reagan, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Nixon had nothing to do with it since it happened on GHW Bush's watch

766021[/snapback]

Apples and oranges. We are talking about a tradgedy... A one time shot here and there. Again, I just must be cold... ;)

911 happened during a time of transition in American politics... A weak point or chink in our armor... Think these idiots (both sides) listen to the other? Or do they engage in their own petty "pissing contests?"

765967[/snapback]

The truth as you want to believe. Where's the proof that Berger and Albright prevented attacks on OBL or informed the Pakistanis, which they have both said never happened.

Let's not forget about the right-wing outrage when the docu-drama about the Reagans was going to be shown on commerical television, and the protests scared the network to move it to Showtime.

Is it a shock that they (the hawks) appear to be the kinds of guys that do not listen to what ideas others may have?  To me, the last 5 years proves that they can't listen to anything outside of their own hard-line agenda.

766018[/snapback]

Former Defense Secretary Cohan has said in numerous interviews that during the transistion in briefing meetings for Cheney, Cheney only wanted to know about Iraq. Cohan tried to inform Cheney that Iraq was not a threat, it was al Queda, but Cheney was insistent that the briefings concentrate on Iraq.

Apples and oranges.  We are talking about a tradgedy... A one time shot here and there.  Again, I just must be cold... ;)

911 happened during a time of transition in American politics... A weak point or chink in our armor... Think these idiots (both sides) listen to the other?  Or do they engage in their own petty "pissing contests?"

766025[/snapback]

I think they all just engage in petty pissing contests. Not trying to sound like a smartass, but I think that's exactly what happened.

And I think GW Bush and Clinton both deserve a considerable amount of blame for 9/11.

Let's not forget about the right-wing outrage when the docu-drama about the Reagans was going to be shown on commerical television, and the protests scared the network to move it to Showtime.

766058[/snapback]

OK, Lets just say you're right ( for which you never are.....). for a moment.....

What is your response to Clinton's demand? Was it right or wrong?

Reagen was dead, when Clinton was alive?

You're starting to make me sick, you know that?

/dev/null, do you honestly believe it just started with Clinton?

This sh-- goes back many years. You cant pinpoint one specific administration for its folly.

See, that's what pisses me off about most of the posters here. THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE !@#$ THEIR TALKING ABOUT.

Seriously, do you really think this just started on 9/11/01 ?

The ignorance on this board, never ceases to amaze me..... :o

I put a question mark there. Did you see that? HELLO???? ;)

766097[/snapback]

thought you were trying to be rhetorical :o

and no, i don't think it started with clinton, bush sr, reagan, carter, ford, nixon, lbj, jfk, ike, truman, fdr, hoover, coolidge, harding, wilson, taft, tr, mckinley. ok thats as far back as i can name the presidents off the top of my head, but you get the picture :w00t:

The truth as you want to believe.  Where's the proof that Berger and Albright prevented attacks on OBL or informed the Pakistanis, which they have both said never happened.

766058[/snapback]

It's all horseshit anyway.

The biggest pile of it being that a network has been forced to change a fictional miniseries because a political party is afraid of the effect it'll have on mid-term elections. Nice to see the Democratic party is still focusing on the important issues... :o

The truth as you want to believe.  Where's the proof that Berger and Albright prevented attacks on OBL or informed the Pakistanis, which they have both said never happened.

766058[/snapback]

In the Reagan thingy which sitting US Senators openly threatened FFC action against a television network if the show wasn't pulled or modified?

In the Reagan thingy which sitting US Senators openly threatened FFC action against a television network if the show wasn't pulled or modified?

766152[/snapback]

No kidding? Did some minority Senators actually threaten ABC with that? Hadn't heard it.

If so, it ought to be an impeachable offense. That's as clear-cut a First Amendment violation as you'll ever see.

766058[/snapback]

Probably left the National Archives down Sandy Berger's pants and was shredded. He should be serving time for that. What was he trying to cover up?

anyone notice his movies seem to come out around election time?

766017[/snapback]

Anyone notice that "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is played around Christmas time? And it happens every year!?!? ;):o

Uhm, when your work is sending an inherently political message, it only makes sense. You're blaming a guy for wanting his work to have the most impact?

Anyone notice that "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is played around Christmas time? And it happens every year!?!?  ;)  :o

Uhm, when your work is sending an inherently political message, it only makes sense. You're blaming a guy for wanting his work to have the most impact?

766175[/snapback]

There does, however, seem to be cause to blame the guy for being a political shill...or even more, a party hack, who should be subject to the same fiscal restrictions as any other party hack.

Tough to level the same charge against ABC...possible (I do it. ABC Family does, after all, air Pat Robertson's nonsense). But difficult.