Has anyone else ever had this happen

BoondckCL

You let some choad take YOUR chair AND wear a sweater vest during a football game at YOUR house?  You planning on tossing his salad later?  Man up!

763869[/snapback]

Amen! Doesn't speak all that well of you that you invited him or her in the first place (and you still don't know if its a him or her?). Tell him or her to get the F out of your chair and get the F out of the house and take the frilly little napkins and watercress sandwiches with him or her!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had something similar happen at a buddy's house once many many moons ago; the only real difference being that it was a Stiller's game/crowd.

My buddy came back into the room just before kickoff and found the new guy in his chair so he politely told him that he was in his chair. Newguy looks up at him and just says "huh?". Again my buddy very politely says "Get out of my chair". Newguy says "No way, man". Before newguy gets out the final syllable of his futile refusal, my buddy yanks him out of the chair and tosses him halfway across the room over the coffee table.

The look on newguy's face was priceless. I'm still not sure if he was more shocked that he had flown that far or that nobody else in the room seemed to even take much notice of it aside from a couple mild chuckles, some scattered "Guess he should have got up"'s and a lone "Geezus Curt, did you really have to throw him right in front of the TV?"(that one was mine ;-). It worked like a charm as the guy left at halftime and never came back.

So my advice is to politely tell the guy he is in your chair, and if he doesn't get up then tell him to get up. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to switch seats, but if not then just see how far you can chuck him. But if kickoff is imminent, don't throw him in front of the tube.

Cya

Well you actually use the bathroom. I haven't mastered the whole lifting up the lid thing. I figure it just goes on the floor anyway, so i go in the hall way. I went in to wash my hands though.

No i did not make a pass at the individual. S/he is a friend of someone else and they are invited to watch the Bills game.

763770[/snapback]

You refer to the person as S/he....

Transvestite?

Weird dude, really weird....

No. It is a maroon sweater vest that you constantly consider throwing in the fire burning in the fire place. He insessently talks throughout game play as well.

763800[/snapback]

I think Simon covered the chair problem better than I could but the talking during the game thing really blows my gasket.

When this happen at my place I just hold down the up volume on the remote till the wife yells "What the hell are you doing???!!!". At this point I turn it back down and reply "sorry honey, couldn't hear the game" while looking directly at the offender.

If Sweater Vest Guy touches your remote then according to Emily Post it's OK to take him outside and beat him with a 2x4.

Either tell them to get out of your chair or else leave the room and go have a tea party with your doll collection.

My wife doesn't even fug with me when the Bills are on. She knew going into the marriage that I would be flexible on hanging out and going places except when the Bills are on. I'm facing a dilemma because my daughter is due to be born sometime during the end of nov/beginning of dec. I've told my wife she better not go into labor on a Sunday...

:P

Either tell them to get out of your chair or else leave the room and go have a tea party with your doll collection.

My wife doesn't even fug with me when the Bills are on. She knew going into the marriage that I would be flexible on hanging out and going places except when the Bills are on. I'm facing a dilemma because my daughter is due to be born sometime during the end of nov/beginning of dec. I've told my wife she better not go into labor on a Sunday...

:P

764032[/snapback]

Tell the Doc you want a C-section on a Tuesday. :P

You invite someone over or someone is invited over to watch the Bills game. You think to yourself, "Okay, this might work out" or "Maybe they will bring some added luck".

The individual arrives at your house wearing some kitty sweater vest like he is Gregg Williams. Now they don't seem to be in the spirit, and you think to yourself, well maybe they just don't want to look like a complete fool until you do, that's fine. Now i am not sure about everyone else here, but during your viewing of the Bills game, does everybody have assigned seating?

If you don't, you might want to fix that. But you come out of the bathroom to get everything out of your system so everything you have is focused on the game, and the @$$hole has stolen a chair in the ring of usual suspects.

Now you go over and stare at the fe/male, and they don't get it, they remain seated. The game comes on, and you scurry to a near-by seat to watch the game. Everything seems to be going well up until a certain point when the quarterback throws a pick or the defense is scored on.

You think to yourself, this kind of thing happens all the time. Maybe it is just me. But the dabocle continues and the Bills are quickly down by a score of 10-0 or 14-0.

What do you do? Tell the douche to get his ass out of your chair? Find a clever way to get him out of your chair? Or ignore it? :P

Every other time you have had that chair the Bills have done well. They didn't win them all, but they have stayed close. A wild card spot is on the line, last game of the season.

763760[/snapback]

I have stopped asking people over for bills games when the last guy showed up, tells me he doesn't drink and then starts to try and "save" me with some religious spiel. That lasted 10 mins...at halftime I went outside and moved my directv dish and came back in and said oops thats it we lost the signal...he then left and we resumed the game.

I really had to read that twice. Though...you know...some might consider a nice offer. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

764102[/snapback]

no, that is to little to throw out . i would have to pull the string to get it out of hiding . :P

:D

764032[/snapback]

Hehe. My Fisrt child, my son Garrett was born on Jan 26th 1992. About 12 hours before we lost to the deadskins in XXVI. I left the Wife and new son to go host my planned party.

She was understanding since it was a hard labor and a touchy delivery. Once everything was OK, i got to go watch the game...

Ummm, its your !@#$ing house. Kick the bastard up outta your chair, and promptly take your seat. When people come over to watch a Bills game, its not about playing nice and being a good host. Its about you doing what you want and watching the game from where you want in the most confortable manner. :D

Also, they say you can tell all about a person from their friends. If you are inviting over a douche who wears a sweater vest to a football game, its time for some personal reflection to figure out just what the f*ck you are doing with your life.

763968[/snapback]

I wanted to throw his ass out immediately. But i come from my apartment in downtown Burnt Hills and go to my father's house to watch the games. This douche bag was already here. My Step mother's sister invited the guy because she was dating him or something like that.

Tis guy, not my firend. I don't believe i referred to him as a friend. My friends are all drunken douche bags, that know the rules of watching football, and know never to where sweater vests. Especially around me. My blood pressure actually sky rockets when i see one and i need about 4 cigarettes to calm myself down.

I actually told my father about this particular thread, and he told me that he actually has a list of people who are banned from the premises during a bills game, because of actions during a game, or the superstition that they bring bad luck.

You know, I take a lot of criticism for it, but being an anti-social has its benefits.

764054[/snapback]

Ditto.

No friends, no hassles. :doh:

BTW, I have proof that being anti-social is genetic, at least I know it runs in my family.