Even Pats fans are looking past us!

PromoTheRobot

No. Do you ever tire of spending so much time on a Bills message board?

Look, I get it. You're a die-hard fan. There are bound to be a few of you. But it's a pretty well-known fact that Pats fans are second only to Miami fans when it comes to being fair-weathered.

Oh, yes, the Patriot's website says the games were all soldout back when the team sucked, and I guess that must make it gospel. But let's face it. You know as well as we do that when your team starts to suck, no one will really be there to watch except the people who got their tickets free with every Mach III razor they buy.

The only delusion comes from you thinking that people actually paid money to watch the team when it sucked.

762515[/snapback]

It's a fact that EVERY game since Kraft bought the team has been sold-out. So, it's not a delusion. Look up the word if you don't understand.

BTW Your logic tells you that, "they supported the team in the past when the team sucked; therefore they won't support the team if its sucks in the future? "

:P BRILLIANT!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fact that EVERY game since Kraft bought the team has been sold-out. So, it's not a delusion. Look up the word if you don't understand.

BTW Your logic tells you that, "they supported the team in the past when the team sucked; therefore they won't support the team if its sucks in the future? "

764147[/snapback]

Yo, here's a newsflash, Skippy. ANYONE can sell out a stadium when they give away whatever tickets have not been sold.

See San Diego.

Jesus.

764147[/snapback]

The contention is that the Paytoilets site is full of crap. Reading comprehension... It works.

I remember MANY a game in Foxboro with looooads of empty seats.

Yo, here's a newsflash, Skippy. ANYONE can sell out a stadium when they give away whatever tickets have not been sold.

See San Diego.

Jesus.

764150[/snapback]

I dont know what "sellout" is a lower form of scum. Giving away free tickets and still not having anyone show up, ala the 90's patsies, or covering up half of your seats with a tarp, so 40K tickets counts as a "sellout" in an 80K seat stadium, ala jacksonville.

I dont know what "sellout" is a lower form of scum. Giving away free tickets and still not having anyone show up, ala the 90's patsies, or covering up half of your seats with a tarp, so 40K tickets counts as a "sellout" in an 80K seat stadium, ala jacksonville.

764199[/snapback]

What's pathetic is the group of fans who keep pointing to this stat like it's actually a real stat just because it's on the team website.

The real shame is that when they start to lose...and they WILL start to lose...the dudes who repeat that crap won't be around for us to point out how !@#$ing empty their stadium is.

Why? Because Pats fans don't care about their team. They care about winning.

764147[/snapback]

That has nothing to do with the fact Bill Parcells started coaching the Pats that same 1st year right? :P

Bottom line: Without a legend like Parcells in New England, NE fans would NEVER have come to the stadium in droves like they did.

What if Pete Carroll was there for Kraft's 1st season? Would all the games have sold out?

OCiP, you don't know what you're talking about...

... But the Patriots? 20 years ago this year you guys were coming off a season where you got extremely lucky in beating the Dolphins in the AFC champ game and then proceeded to get destroyed by the Bears in a SB. Do I need to remind you what happened after that? You didn't see the playoffs until 9 years later. We have never been away for so long.

9 years later? Try the next year when they won the East.

We used to fall asleep during BillsvPats games in the 80s and 90s because we would be up by 28 at halftime - from 1986 to 1998. So please, give it a rest already. Your team has nothing more to brag about than most of the other teams in the NFL. All that matters is this year anyway and you and your team will go back to being merely an annoyance soon enough.

762527[/snapback]

From 1986-1998? Check that. Over that period, the teams were deadlocked at 13 wins a piece head to head, and the Pats actually outscored the Bills by 9 points.

But how convenient you choose a time frame centered around the Bills glory years (4 consecutive runner-ups). How about we also consider the Pats glory years (i.e. let's just extend the time frame up to the present) to balance this argument? Now the Pats have the advantage at 23 wins to 17, outscoring the Bills by 88 points.

The point being is that you can spin all you want and try to make recent Patriot glory look like a blip in an otherwise bleak history and drag us down to your level. Unfortunately for you, though:

* The Pats lead the Bills in head to head victories since the inception of the AFL

* 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 seasons tops 4 consecutive Super Bowls losses

* 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 seasons is only exceeded by the Steelers 4 in 6 seasons and tied with the Cowboys run in th.e early 90s, making them one of the great team dynasties in NFL history

Any you may try to put them down by saying our glory years are done, but I don't see any evidence that the Bills are stepping up. And mark my words, the Pats aren't done yet.

So who's being delusional? :P

From 1986-1998? Check that. Over that period, the teams were deadlocked at 13 wins a piece head to head, and the Pats actually outscored the Bills by 9 points.

But how convenient you choose a time frame centered around the Bills glory years (4 consecutive runner-ups). How about we also consider the Pats glory years (i.e. let's just extend the time frame up to the present) to balance this argument? Now the Pats have the advantage at 23 wins to 17, outscoring the Bills by 88 points.

The point being is that you can spin all you want and try to make recent Patriot glory look like a blip in an otherwise bleak history and drag us down to your level. Unfortunately for you, though:

* The Pats lead the Bills in head to head victories since the inception of the AFL

* 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 seasons is only exceeded by the Steelers 4 in 6 seasons and tied with the Cowboys run in th.e early 90s, making them one of the great team dynasties in NFL history

Any you may try to put them down by saying our glory years are done, but I don't see any evidence that the Bills are stepping up. And mark my words, the Pats aren't done yet.

So who's being delusional?  :P

764234[/snapback]

Asshat...your team is 10 wins up on us in the historical series. Those 10 wins came in the last 11 games.

Who's delusional indeed.

So who's being delusional?  :D

764234[/snapback]

Ah HA! I see my post was able to draw out the lurkers! Dude, don't play fuggin games with me - do you honestly believe I didn't check your record from 1986-1998 before I posted? Please. Your season records during that time period were bad and you know it. The meager wins you were able to eak out against us had more to do with us making the mistake of looking past you(our goal for the season was the Super Bowl - yours was hoping to beat us in Foxboro) much more than you having a good team.

Like I said and will continue to say, it's the beginning of the end and your own words:

"the Pats aren't done yet."

imply that you already know this is true. Every team in football goes through this. Why do you think you are special? Oh, I know you guys think that somehow it won't happen to you. Kinda like you thought the Bosox were always gonna be good too, huh?

Time to grow up and realize that your team is going back to the toilet. And, after a couple years of that, you'll be good again :D As long as Kraft is in charge I don't see a return to the joke you were in from 1986 - 1998(and yeah don't kid yourself ever since that Bears blowout you guys were a joke). Around 1997 I remember all the National media doing to you what they are doing to us now, sort of. We all knew that you guys were getting better back then but we liked to torture you anyway :D

Honestly, your teams have been fun to watch the last couple of years because of the work ethic and unity(all those guys coming up together) that was obviously there....but that doesn't save you from that core group getting old. This ain't baseball and you can't grab Johnny Damon from KC, Schilling from AZ and the others an manufacture a winning team. I mean come on - Seau? A wide reciever that never broke 3rd string for us? Bark all day little dog you are short on talent this year and even Brady can't help you becuase he doesn't play defense and special teams.

Btw, I am merely doing to you what you guys did to us from 1993-7 so don't act like you are being treated unfairly. The posts here clearly prove that in the past you guys have been mostly fair weather fans. The next couple of years, as your team declines, you have the opportunity to prove them wrong! :) But seriously, at $7.50 a beer and $91 average ticket price how many of you are actually going to go see a 6-10 team? It appears most of here don't think you will, since you haven't in the past.

:D BRILLIANT!

764147[/snapback]

It's also a fact that sellouts don't always equal capacity crowds. The Jets sell out every game in 79,466-seat Giants Stadium, too... but that doesn't stop them from drawing "crowds" of under 50K to some of their games.

Another fact: In 1991, in a much larger metropolitan area than Buffalo, five years after their first Super Bowl appearance, the Pats sold a grand total of 17,635 season tickets. The last time Buffalo sold that few? 1963.

Better hope Krafty Bob lives to be 100 and never sells the team.

Asshat...your team is 10 wins up on us in the historical series. Those 10 wins came in the last 11 games.

Who's delusional indeed.

764244[/snapback]

Yeah, and? Are you trying to dismiss the last 10 years of NFL history? What makes it more legitimate that it happened in the past 10 years vs more than 10 years ago?

Ah HA! I see my post was able to draw out the lurkers! Dude, don't play fuggin games with me - do you honestly believe I didn't check your record from 1986-1998 before I posted? Please. Your season records during that time period were bad and you know it. The meager wins you were able to eak out against us had more to do with us making the mistake of looking past you(our goal for the season was the Super Bowl - yours was hoping to beat us in Foxboro) much more than you having a good team.

Like I said and will continue to say, it's the beginning of the end and your own words: 

"the Pats aren't done yet."

imply that you already know this is true. Every team in football goes through this. Why do you think you are special? Oh, I know you guys think that somehow it won't happen to you. Kinda like you thought the Bosox were always gonna be good too, huh?

764283[/snapback]

Seriously? YOU are accusing ME of knowing this is already true. What exactly you have YOU been doing in predicitng that the demise of the Patriot dynasty has already occurred? You think YOU'RE special?

I guess when your team loses for a long time, the rosy glasses go on, and there goes any sense of perspective.

And what does it show anyone when you defend how bad another team is rather than the merits of your own team?

And speaking of the Bosox: too bad Buffalo is too minor-league a city to even have a major league team.

And what does it show anyone when you defend how bad another team is rather than the merits of your own team?

Fans can't do much of anything to either help or hurt their teams. That 5-11 record isn't a reflection on Bills fans or on the city of Buffalo. What is a reflection on us is that we've supported a (usually) bad football team through thick and thin.

I realize there are diehard Patriots fans too, and I don't want to disrespect them. But it's not the same fan situation in Boston as it is in Buffalo. The Bills matter a lot more to Buffalo than the Patriots mean to Boston.

It's also a fact that sellouts don't always equal capacity crowds. The Jets sell out every game in 79,466-seat Giants Stadium, too... but that doesn't stop them from drawing "crowds" of under 50K to some of their games.

Another fact: In 1991, in a much larger metropolitan area than Buffalo, five years after their first Super Bowl appearance, the Pats sold a grand total of 17,635 season tickets. The last time Buffalo sold that few? 1963.

Better hope Krafty Bob lives to be 100 and never sells the team.

764368[/snapback]

This is why everyone loves you, Lori. :D

Seriously? YOU are accusing ME of knowing this is already true. What exactly you have YOU been doing in predicitng that the demise of the Patriot dynasty has already occurred? You think YOU'RE special?

I guess when your team loses for a long time, the rosy glasses go on, and there goes any sense of perspective.

And speaking of the Bosox: too bad Buffalo is too minor-league a city to even have a major league team.

764657[/snapback]

Buffalo doesn't have a Major League team because no one would go to games. People are way too involved with football in these parts. We like violence in our sporting events. And when the Bills do poorly, we are more concerned with the Sabres, then a bunch of purse swinging pussies like major league baseball players.

Buffalo=Drinking town with football problem.

Fans can't do much of anything to either help or hurt their teams.  That 5-11 record isn't a reflection on Bills fans or on the city of Buffalo.  What is a reflection on us is that we've supported a (usually) bad football team through thick and thin. 

I realize there are diehard Patriots fans too, and I don't want to disrespect them.  But it's not the same fan situation in Boston as it is in Buffalo.  The Bills matter a lot more to Buffalo than the Patriots mean to Boston.

764719[/snapback]

Very true indeed. But it would feel so much better if we won all 4 SB. Having NE win 3 outta 4 hurts, big time. The Bills can't talk smack at all. Whaaaaaaaaa!! :doh:

Tons of NE fans jumped on the winning bandwagon for sure. The BoSox are the love of the town bar none and always will be.