Even Pats fans are looking past us!

PromoTheRobot

No. Do you ever tire of spending so much time on a Bills message board?

Look, I get it. You're a die-hard fan. There are bound to be a few of you. But it's a pretty well-known fact that Pats fans are second only to Miami fans when it comes to being fair-weathered.

Oh, yes, the Patriot's website says the games were all soldout back when the team sucked, and I guess that must make it gospel. But let's face it. You know as well as we do that when your team starts to suck, no one will really be there to watch except the people who got their tickets free with every Mach III razor they buy.

The only delusion comes from you thinking that people actually paid money to watch the team when it sucked.

762515[/snapback]

I have been reading this board for a few years and finally signed up a few weeks ago.

I’ve had season tickets to the Pats since '92 and had been a regular at games since '87 (I'm 33) before I bought season tickets.

I remember the Bills/Pats games in Foxboro in the early '90's when there would be 20,000 Bills fans in the stands.

Where are those fans now? It seems they don’t even make the trip to Orchard Park nowadays.

Back in the late '80's early '90's the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics were very competitive.

The Bruins made the Stanley Cup finals in '88 and '90 and the Celtics were always in the playoffs. The Sox also made a couple of appearances in the playoffs during that time as well.

The Pats sucked from '89 through '93. If you had money to spend on pro sports back then, where would you spend it? On a team that was located 25 miles south of Boston or a good team in downtown Boston?

The Pats sucked! They played in a glorified High School Stadium with incompetent management and the threat of moving hanging over their heads.

There are a lot of diehard Pats fans in New England.

If you want to talk bandwagon, talk about the Red Sox. My friends and I could rock up to Fenway in the late ‘90’s and buy bleacher seats easily.

I don’t post on Pats boards because I can’t stand homers.

Pats fans and Dolphins fans have nothing in common. Nothing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah.

762532[/snapback]

Great reply - when confronted by facts you go monosyllabic. Well keep telling yourself what you want. I'm not saying that we are better - yet. I am saying that your team is old and while it was a good ride - it always ends. Just ask yourself this: why are lots of people on the Pats message board hoping they can get WR and LB off the waiver wire? And, why is it that we don't?

Pats Fan Forum

Check it out.  Barely a mention of the Bills and not a single post about the upcoming game.  God, I hope the rest of the Patriots are doing the same.  The entire world thinks we stink.  Those players have to believe it too....just like the 2003 opener!

PTR

762458[/snapback]

If we can't stop the run or have some kind of pass rush from the front four, then yes, we will lose. Remember, if we're not better than last year, then nothing has changed and we should expect another losing season.

Where are those fans now?  It seems they don’t even make the trip to Orchard Park nowadays.

762534[/snapback]

The Patriots are in an expensive new stadium where the tickets and parking cost alot of money, the games sell out, and one beer costs $7.50.

And you wonder why there aren't more Bills fans at Gillette Stadium than there were at the boring, sh------- Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium when a 16 oz beer was $3 and you could swing a dead cat without hitting one of those "diehard" Patriots fans?

BTW, even though the Bills were 5-11 last year, the average paid attendance at RWS was 72,000 per game. It's pretty clear you don't know what you're talking about or even have the sense to check your facts via google.

And you contradict yourself when you say there are alot of "diehard Patriots fans" when you admit in the same post that they preferred to spend their money on the B's, C's or Red Sox when the Pats stunk. Some diehards.

Feel free to go back to lurking.

I remember the days, when as a Bills fan, I could look past at least 8 games of the season, knowing they would be easy wins. Good times back then....

762485[/snapback]

Yep, and you wouldn't get laughed at for assuming W's in both games against the now-untouchable Pats. Although Foxboro was always a tough place for us even in the glory days...

The Patriots are in an expensive new stadium where the tickets and parking cost alot of money, the games sell out, and one beer costs $7.50.

And you wonder why there aren't more Bills fans at Gillette Stadium than there were at the boring, sh------- Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium when a 16 oz beer was $3 and you could swing a dead cat without hitting one of those "diehard" Patriots fans?

BTW, even though the Bills were 5-11 last year, the average paid attendance at RWS was 72,000 per game. It's pretty clear you don't know what you're talking about or even have the sense to check your facts via google.

And you contradict yourself when you say there are alot of "diehard Patriots fans" when you admit in the same post that they preferred to spend their money on the B's, C's or Red Sox when the Pats stunk. Some diehards.

Feel free to go back to lurking.

762561[/snapback]

Gillette has only been around since 2002.

The Bills fans have been missing since since '96 at "Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium when a 16 oz beer was $3 and you could swing a dead cat without hitting one of those "diehard" Patriots fans?

Boston has 4 Pro teams, Buffalo has 2. The cost of living is very high down here so you have to pick and chose which team to spend your money on when going to a game. If people can't go then they watch on TV.

I have met many great Bills fans over the years. I guess you are not one of them.

I have been reading this board for a few years and finally signed up a few weeks ago.

762534[/snapback]

Welcome? I don't even know why I'm bothering, but I guess I can't help myself.

I’ve had season tickets to the Pats since '92 and had been a regular at games since '87 (I'm 33) before I bought season tickets.

I remember the Bills/Pats games in Foxboro in the early '90's when there would be 20,000 Bills fans in the stands.

Where are those fans now?

762534[/snapback]

If you're as smart as you make yourself out to be, you'd know that the team you buy season tickets for now has a waiting list, making it infinitely harder for opposing teams' fans to show up. Not so much the case when the team was dog poop.

It seems they don’t even make the trip to Orchard Park nowadays.

762534[/snapback]

Eek. 8 sellouts last year. Check the facts bub.

There are a lot of diehard Pats fans in New England.

If you want to talk bandwagon, talk about the Red Sox.  My friends and I could rock up to Fenway in the late ‘90’s and buy bleacher seats easily.

762534[/snapback]

Oh, so only Red Sox fans are bandwagon jumpers. Everybody's always been on board with the Pats. Got it.

Pats fans and Dolphins fans have nothing in common.  Nothing.

762534[/snapback]

Sure you do. We don't like either of you.

Welcome?  I don't even know why I'm bothering, but I guess I can't help myself.

If you're as smart as you make yourself out to be, you'd know that the team you buy season tickets for now has a waiting list, making it infinitely harder for opposing teams' fans to show up.  Not so much the case when the team was dog poop.

Eek.  8 sellouts last year.  Check the facts bub.

Oh, so only Red Sox fans are bandwagon jumpers.  Everybody's always been on board with the Pats.  Got it. 

Sure you do.  We don't like either of you.

762578[/snapback]

I'm not trying to come off as a smart arse. Sorry if it sounded like that.

I know the Bills sold out last year, but I have read threads where some games were close to being blacked out before RW or some Company came in and snapped up the remainng tix before the Thursday blackout deadline.

My point was that back when the Bills were the AFCE power the fans were everywhere. It is the nature of the beast.

When a team is good/great all the idiots come out. I'm sure you know plenty of "fans" that followed the Bills in the glory days who now follow Pittsburgh or Cincy or the Pats.

All real fans resent the bandwagon fans.

I'm not trying to come off as a smart arse.  Sorry if it sounded like that.

I know the Bills sold out last year, but I have read threads where some games were close to being blacked out before RW or some Company came in and snapped up the remainng tix before the Thursday blackout deadline.

My point was that back when the Bills were the AFCE power the fans were everywhere.  It is the nature of the beast.

When a team is good/great all the idiots come out.  I'm sure you know plenty of "fans" that followed the Bills in the glory days who now follow Pittsburgh or Cincy or the Pats.

All real fans resent the bandwagon fans.

762586[/snapback]

You make sense, pal...seems like we're all on the same page here, but you've got to remember, I don't befriend the enemy a few days I go to war with him :angry:...come back when its Pats vs. Dolphins and the Pats are 0-4...maybe then I'll be able to look at you (as a Patriots fan) in a different light

I'm sure you know plenty of "fans" that followed the Bills in the glory days who now follow Pittsburgh or Cincy or the Pats.

762586[/snapback]

Nope. Not a one. Seriously.

Once a Bills fan... always a Bills fan.

As it should be.  But tell me you don't know a Bengal or Steeler fan?

762624[/snapback]

Yeah my buddy from highschool. He has been a Steeler fan since we first met and I have been a Bills fan. He "hates"(but respects) the Bills and always will, same with me and the Steelers. He and I gang up on my other friend who has always been a Pats fan. I don't think you're getting it - we don't have a lot of bandwagon folks in upstate regardless of the team in question. My Steelers pal and I go to at least one game a year for our respective teams regardless of how the team is doing because - it's what we do. We tailgate, we get to see family/friends we haven't seen in a while.

In WNY, and most of CNY btw, the Bills are part of our culture; not something to be exploited as a tool for sales guys as other NFL teams so obviously are. Of course the attendance goes way down in those cities when the team does poorly because no sales guy in the world wants to be associated with a loser. We have some of that to be sure, but it's not the focus. Can u say the same about the Pats?

Pats Fan Forum

Check it out.  Barely a mention of the Bills and not a single post about the upcoming game.  God, I hope the rest of the Patriots are doing the same.  The entire world thinks we stink.  Those players have to believe it too....just like the 2003 opener!

PTR

762458[/snapback]

They are right. We do stink. Looks like the worst Bills team in a long time. The critics even agree. WE are #31 out of #32 teams in the power rankings. Usually it is very subjective, but very accurate in the Bills case.

Troy Smith #1 Draft pick in 2007

They are right. We do stink. Looks like the worst Bills team in a long time. The critics even agree. WE are #31 out of #32 teams in the power rankings. Usually it is very subjective, but very accurate in the Bills case.

762652[/snapback]

Power Rankings mean nothing.

This game has the strong, strong smell of an upset just waiting to happen.

All the "experts" in the media wrote off the Bills the day RW hired Marv Levy. Many say they will easily be the worst team in the league.

New England thinks it will be a walk-in-the park and all they have to do is show up at 1pm Sunday and they will get an automatic win.

The odds-makers have made the Pats an 8.5 point favorite. Largest in the league for Week 1.

What do the Bills have? Only the best special teams in the NFL. TKO is back. Willis is slimmed down and ready to break a long one. The O-Line has been together since March. A serious deep threat with JP/Evans/Price. A well liked, smart head coach- the complete opposite of Mike Full-Of-Mularkey.

It's a new era of Bills Football and it all starts Sunday. I hope all the schmucks that jumped off the bandwagon don't hurt themselves jumping back on Sunday night. Well, actually I do, but just a sprained ankle.

This game has the strong, strong smell of an upset just waiting to happen.

All the "experts" in the media wrote off the Bills the day RW hired Marv Levy. Many say they will easily be the worst team in the league.

New England thinks it will be a walk-in-the park and all they have to do is show up at 1pm Sunday and they will get an automatic win.

The odds-makers have made the Pats an 8.5 point favorite. Largest in the league for Week 1.

What do the Bills have? Only the best special teams in the NFL. TKO is back. Willis is slimmed down and ready to break a long one. The O-Line has been together since March. A serious deep threat with JP/Evans/Price. A well liked, smart head coach- the complete opposite of Mike Full-Of-Mularkey.

It's a new era of Bills Football and it all starts Sunday. I hope all the schmucks that jumped off the bandwagon don't hurt themselves jumping back on Sunday night. Well, actually I do, but just a sprained ankle.

762667[/snapback]

Love your optimism, but have you seen the Pats offense during the preseason?

Brady had been spreading the ball all around and they having been moving down the field like clockwork.

Good luck Sunday.

It will be a tight 1st half and then the Pats will pull away.

762652[/snapback]

That's pretty harsh. Sure, we're not winning a Super Bowl this year, but no way are we #31. You think the guy who writes the power rankings even pays attention to what the Bills are doing? He's just getting his stuff off the web like everyone else.

You have to remember sports journalists are L-A-Z-Y!!! They don't have to worry about facts because no one holds them accountable. If one guy says something, and another guy repeats it, that makes it a fact in their book. That's how the "Vets want Kelly Holcomb" storyline is still making the rounds. Peter King says something last year, and it just keeps going around like a game of Post Office!

PTR

What facts?  All I saw was an ill-founded opinion.

Wrong;)

That's what a fact is, if you were wondering.

762689[/snapback]

Ha! Did you read all of that post? Your own guys are disputing it - what a tool! Maybe I should do some quick math for you. Oh wait! Why bother, I'll just use a quote from your own dopey board:

"Also, there were 16 players (30 or older) on the Week 1 2005 Roster. They were Dillon, Flutie, Fauria, Willie, Adam, Vrabel, Troy, Josh Miller, Chad Brown, Don Davis, Izzo, Poole, Chad Scott, Duane Starks, Tedy, and Rodney. This year there are 12 players (30 or older). They are Dillon, Vrabel, Troy, Josh Miller, Don Davis, Izzo, Chad Scott, Faulk, Hawkins, Seau, Tedy, and Rodney."

So, we are supposed to be happy that four of your KEY starters are now less old - and that 12 are still over 30 and now one year older? What are u saying again? Looks like the this vaunted D is old and in order to stop that trend you bring in Seau? Great proof of you guys getting younger. :angry:

Please - dont' bother. :doh: It's usually helpful to do the reading before you take the test. Who has the ill founded opinion again?