Edgerrin James is a moron

eball

So I'm watching the FSU/Miami game, and they go down to the stands where some chick is interviewing Edgerrin. She asks about people saying Miami has lost its' swagger, and Edge's reply is basically, I hope they keep saying that, because I've gotten a lot of bets and am winning a lot of money.

:w00t:

So I'm watching the FSU/Miami game, and they go down to the stands where some chick is interviewing Edgerrin.  She asks about people saying Miami has lost its' swagger, and Edge's reply is basically, I hope they keep saying that, because I've gotten a lot of bets and am winning a lot of money.

:(

761714[/snapback]

I don't know man...I'll take an honest and answer like that over a sports cliche anyday. Edge speaks his mind and what he said was a pretty good vote of confidence for his alma mater.

So I'm watching the FSU/Miami game, and they go down to the stands where some chick is interviewing Edgerrin.  She asks about people saying Miami has lost its' swagger, and Edge's reply is basically, I hope they keep saying that, because I've gotten a lot of bets and am winning a lot of money.

:doh:

761714[/snapback]

Why exactly does that make him a moron ... ? :(

I'm guessing it's something to do with betting on the football.  Is a pro allowed to be on college games?

761763[/snapback]

I would assume that if he does so, it would have to be done in legal channels, such as Vegas, etc.

Either way, announcing your personal business while making millions in a league which is trying at all costs to protect it's image, IS just purely stupid.

These teams are worth WAY too much money to be taken down by a gambling scandal because of some dolt, and I assure you, they will NOT like those comments.

only moron here is the guy who took him #1 in FF good luck with that

761749[/snapback]

While Edge produced in Indy he doesn't even have 10% of the line in Arizona that he had in Indy.

I would honestly be real surprised if he breaks 1000 yards with 5-7 TD's this year.

I'd venture a guess and say that if you gave Peyton some Arizona line protection he probably wouldn't produce as much either.

Maybe I'm just jealous of teams having a very very very solid OL.

I would assume that if he does so, it would have to be done in legal channels, such as Vegas, etc.

Either way, announcing your personal business while making millions in a league which is trying at all costs to protect it's image, IS just purely stupid.

These teams are worth WAY too much money to be taken down by a gambling scandal because of some dolt, and I assure you, they will NOT like those comments.

761796[/snapback]

I agree completely, his comment will probably be discussed at length over the next few weeks.

He always seemed a bit slow.

While Edge produced in Indy he doesn't even have 10% of the line in Arizona that he had in Indy.

I would honestly be real surprised if he breaks 1000 yards with 5-7 TD's this year.

I'd venture a guess and say that if you gave Peyton some Arizona line protection he probably wouldn't produce as much either.

Maybe I'm just jealous of teams having a very very very solid OL.

761800[/snapback]

Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you aren't correct. You're dead on about this, the Arizona line is about as effective as a red rover squad. :(

only moron here is the guy who took him #1 in FF good luck with that

761749[/snapback]

I can't believe my biggest pet peeve has crossed into fantasy football. Maybe it's just the syntax used here, but the "guy" who took him did not say he took him # 1 overall. He said he took him with his # 1 pick. Which could have been anywhere in the first round, I'm guessing 5th-12th, not #1 overall. :(

I can't believe my biggest pet peeve has crossed into fantasy football.  Maybe it's just the syntax used here, but the "guy" who took him did not say he took him # 1 overall.  He said he took him with his # 1 pick.  Which could have been anywhere in the first round, I'm guessing 5th-12th, not #1 overall.  :(

761877[/snapback]

Hey ink, what's your biggest pet peave? (just trying to follow)

How much you wanna...bet...he doesn't get in any trouble whatsoever? :(

I mean look how much trouble Randy Moss got in for admitting to smoking weed on the record....

761795[/snapback]

The difference is he could be (and probably is) a booster under NCAA guidelines. If that is the case and he has admitted to betting on the program, it opens a different can of worms than the Moss situation.

I didn't hear the interview, but if he did reference or hint at betting on the program, yes, he is in fact, a dumbass.

Edit: In fact, he is a booster. He gave UM's athletic program $250,000, its largest ever gift. Dumbass..

:(

761714[/snapback]

Yup, Edge definitely said that he's got a lot of bets and he's gonna be winning a lot of money. Not the smartest thing to say. Then again, when was the last time any athlete from UM said something intelligent?

Anyways, anyone got Edge's phone #? I want to call him and ask how his Miami -3.5 bet is doing.

<inserts tomahawk chop here>

Yup, Edge definitely said that he's got a lot of bets and he's gonna be winning a lot of money. Not the smartest thing to say. Then again, when was the last time any athlete from UM said something intelligent?

Anyways, anyone got Edge's phone #? I want to call him and ask how his Miami -3.5 bet is doing.

<inserts tomahawk chop here>

761986[/snapback]

Yeah! That's what I'M talking about!!

No Nat'l Championship for the South Florida Work Release team...

Hey ink, what's your biggest pet peave? (just trying to follow)

761890[/snapback]

I didn't do a very good job of 'splainin. It's when people, usually media types, refer to someone as "their # 1 draft pick", rather than eliciting that the player was taken in the first round. In my mind, if you say someone's #1 pick you are referring to the first of the draft.