Rashad Baker a Viking

SACKMARINO

Man, we'll all be remembering this day 2 or 3 years from now, when Nance makes his NFL regular season debut and hauls in 4 balls for 35 yards.

How could Pittsburgh not have signed this guy, with Big Ben's recommendation and all?

:w00t:

Agreed Rico, I thought we should have cut Vincent and let Ko start, keeping Baker around on the bench. Vincent always seems to be late on the deep balls, and I think some youth at that spot would be refreshing.

760765[/snapback]

I can see where they might be afraid to start 2 rookies at S... especially 2 green underclassmen like Donte & Ko. But I'd rather see a healthy Matt Bowen & Ko start than Donte & Grampa.

I thought all these guys were pretty darn good.

760744[/snapback]

And how is it that the "media experts" think we're a laughing stock with absolutely NO talent on this roster? We're busting at the seams it would appear!!! Our rejects are sure being gobbled up quickly enough aren't they? :w00t:

I expect to win many more games than last year that's for sure.

I can see where they might be afraid to start 2 rookies at S... especially 2 green underclassmen like Donte & Ko. But I'd rather see a healthy Matt Bowen & Ko start than Donte & Grampa.

760767[/snapback]

Play the less talented rookies so that we can get rid a veteran leader?

Yeah, I can see that.

It wasn't a secret that Bills had a lot of depth at WR & DB that other teams would grab the cast offs. Geinslinger went to school in Nashville, so it's logical that he wanted to be local again.

I'm surprised that Bills aren't looking at Liwienski to backup on the OL. We're in big doo doo if any of the starters goes down.

King and Baker are decent players who give you very good depth and you don't worry about going into a game. I think a big reason they kept Vincent was because they are starting a rookie SS. Having his experience back there helps.

Agreed Rico, I thought we should have cut Vincent and let Ko start, keeping Baker around on the bench. Vincent always seems to be late on the deep balls, and I think some youth at that spot would be refreshing.

760765[/snapback]

Why not just bench Vincent? Why cut him?

And I don't think Vincent is nearly as bad as he looked last year. Our entire secondary went from great to craptacular in 1 season. My suspicions are that it had more to do wth Gray, the loss of Pat Williams, the loss of Spikes, and a generally inconsistent pass rush from the DL.

Also, Vincent is in his mid-30's, but a lot of great safeties still played at a high level into their late 30's. If Simpson wants to start, let him earn it by wowing the coaches in practice and mop-up duty.

They have upside... something that Grampa Vincent & Milwaukee Thomas do not. :w00t:

Smart moves by the Titans & Vikings.

760751[/snapback]

You put it best right there.

Troy "the diaper" Vincent has less than 1 playable year left in football. No offense, he seems to be a very decent guy off the field but he just can't play anymore. And no one better bring up this "led the team in INT's last year mularkey, he had 2 in the first game and then 2 over the next 15 games, come on!"

As for this Milwaukee Thomas, keeping him over King seems absurd. Milwaukee's name was never even mentioned during the PS but he made 3 tackles in the last PS game so apparently he's the man. He's a 7 year vet with probably 3 years left max. Eric King made some plays last year as a rookie and showed promise, the only reason I could see King cut would be if he was deemed a terrorist by 'W' gump or something.

Strange moves, I hope there was more to them than what we're all aware of. Maybe attitude, teamwork or something I hope cuz if it's based on skill then Come on!!

I predict Coy will retire as a Bill in 2014!

760816[/snapback]

LOL

Coy "soft mouth" Wire will worry every year that he will get cut but every year his outstanding oral capabilites will lead to a roster spot.

Greer gets cut and Wire stays? Greer made plays last year.