Will the Bills catch Pats off guard?

OK i will preface this post by admitting that im probably wearing red white and blue tinted glasses.

But I'm starting to get a really good vibe from this group. No matter what the record, I am very impressed that the Bills seemingly improved every time they took the field for each preseason game. Whether it be turnovers, penalties, defense, or offense. The key to winning in the NFL is to recognize and eliminate the mistakes you made the week before. This is something that we NEVER saw from MM or GW in the preseason or the regular season. The Bills first units are in such good rhythms right now that I really think they can carry it over into foxboro on Sunday.

If the Bills come out firing, all the pressure will shift over to NE if they fall behind early and the fans get restless.

Maybe its foolish optimism, but I think the Bills have a strong chance at knocking off NE in week 1 and making a strong early season statement to the rest of the league.

Flame away ;=)

Well i guess that makes for a good early season test to see how well the middle of our defense (with spikes and whitner) can help contain the run more than last year. I think that is what marv had in mind when he drafted whitner was to have strong secondary support for opposing running games.

I hope so, but I think the Pats Oline matches up too well vs. our Dline. They probably will be able to run all over us. We will need to win the turnover battle to win this first game. Go Bills!!!!!

758526[/snapback]

I hope so, but I think the Pats Oline matches up too well vs. our Dline. They probably will be able to run all over us. We will need to win the turnover battle to win this first game. Go Bills!!!!!

758526[/snapback]

Jason, it certainly appears that the Pats will have to run all day and will be able run all day, but Bellychick is known for doing exactly the opposite of what is expected. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Pats come out throwing.

Red, white and blue glasses, huh? You sound like such a ...patriot(!).

I think that starting against the Pats is much better than getting them mid-season. While I would loooove an upset, I really think it is a longshot. The Patriots have been playing very well in preseason and don't look like they will need a couple games to hit their stride.

Speaking of MM, has anyone watched their pre-season? 3rd and 3, Culpepper in shotgun, Ronnie Brown on the pine, Sammy Morris in the backfield. Sound familiar to anyone? Apparently it wasn't Willis, it was just what MM wanted to do. Dumbass..... It isn't as though Shaud Williams and Sammy Morris are frikkin Dave Meggett or even Ronnie Harmon - there was a definite REASON to put them in on 3rd down, Williams and Morris are just the back ups.

I honestly don't think the patriots have more talent than bills do right now.

The patriots are definitely a better team than the bills because they are more experienced and have a super bowl qb and coach. But I look at this bills roster and see a sh-- load of unrefined talent. The pats are starting to look a little long in the tooth to me.

I guess im hoping that the lack of pressure on buffalo, combined with a pats team that may take us lightly (this has happened before). We will have a lot of ups and downs this season with a young, talented teams. I just think the conditions are ripe for an upset next sunday.

Red, white and blue glasses, huh?  You sound like such a ...patriot(!).

I think that starting against the Pats is much better than getting them mid-season. While I would loooove an upset, I really think it is a longshot.  The Patriots have been playing very well in preseason and don't look like they will need a couple games to hit their stride.

758543[/snapback]

I honestly don't think the patriots have more talent than bills do right now.

The patriots are definitely a better team than the bills because they are more experienced and have a super bowl qb and coach. But I look at this bills roster and see a sh-- load of unrefined talent. The pats are starting to look a little long in the tooth to me.

I guess im hoping that the lack of pressure on buffalo, combined with a pats team that may take us lightly (this has happened before). We will have a lot of ups and downs this season with a young, talented teams.  I just think the conditions are ripe for an upset next sunday.

758706[/snapback]

On paper I can convince myself we are as talented a team. Unfortunately, on the field they look a lot better to me. I don't think we'll get blown out, but I also think we have about a 15% chance of winning.

Fair assesment. Lots of things would definitely have to break right for us to walk out of foxboro with a win.

On paper I can convince myself we are as talented a team.  Unfortunately, on the field they look a lot better to me.  I don't think we'll get blown out, but I also think we have about a 15% chance of winning.

758854[/snapback]

If ever there was a need for a simple game plan and strong running game, this game is it. Bellichek is going to throw all sorts of stuff at JP that he hasn't even thought of yet. This can be neutralized with a good running game. The Pats run D is not stellar and should be exploitable. I'm more worried about our pass D than run D in this game. Even without good receivers, Brady will chew us up if he's not harrassed at all.

RTB

Beating the Pats would be a great way to begin the year. If we beat them, however, it will not be because we catch them off guard. BB almost always has his team ready to play. To beat them, we will have to outplay them and not make any mistakes.

Almost being the operative word.

I remember a season opener where the bills stomped NE 31-0 in '03.

They were not ready that day

Beating the Pats would be a great way to begin the year.  If we beat them, however, it will not be because we catch them off guard.  BB almost always has his team ready to play.  To beat them, we will have to outplay them and not make any mistakes.

759007[/snapback]

Yeah, I do.

And I just smeared its nose with Limburger cheese and put an alligator clip on it's crotch.

759112[/snapback]

How's that supposed to do us any good since he regularly does that to himself anyway?

Frankly, Nanker, I am a little disappointed in you. I expected better :doh:

Almost being the operative word.

I remember a season opener where the bills stomped NE 31-0 in '03.

They were not ready that day

759095[/snapback]

In fact, it was because of that game that I added the word "almost."

That was a great game.