Tasker?

DeLuca1967

Does he wear a Jills uniform during the game? He's a smart guy so he should know the meaning of professionalism.

Did he actually say "the Bills have so much talent in the secondary it's embarrassing." No Steve! Your gushing over one of the leagues bottom feeders is embarrassing.

I was hoping the NFL network would show the Browns feed. I was hoping for an honest assessment of the Bills. :devil:

Gee, and I always thought that's what your eyes and brain are for.    Who cares what an announcer says... :devil:

753109[/snapback]

You don't find it insulting? :angry:

Tasker is a smart man. It would be nice to hear his honest opinion. I like listening to smart people talk football. I don't like infomercials. More so in this market where you have 2/3 of the media shilling for the Bills. :D

deluca... tasker was a big homer for the bills last night, but he had nothing on those browns guys. Tasker was the most objective guy in the history of broadcasting compared to the 2nd half browns commentators. For that bills tv network, he's a bills employee. when he's with cbs he's more objective although he has room for improvement.

for all the tasker commentator detractors, he has made tremendous improvements after he and don criqui were split

Does he wear a Jills uniform during the game? He's a smart guy so he should know the meaning of professionalism.

Did he actually say "the Bills have so much talent in the secondary it's embarrassing." No Steve! Your gushing over one of the leagues bottom feeders is embarrassing.

I was hoping the NFL network would show the Browns feed. I was hoping for an honest assessment of the Bills. :devil:

753078[/snapback]

Would you give me a friggin break. If he's critical of the Bills people B word. If he says something that makes him a homer people B word.

He does a decent job in a very difficult profession.

deluca...  tasker was a big homer for the bills last night, but he had nothing on those browns guys.  Tasker was the most objective guy in the history of broadcasting compared to the 2nd half browns commentators.  For that bills tv network, he's a bills employee.  when he's with cbs he's more objective although he has room for improvement.

for all the tasker commentator detractors, he has made tremendous improvements after he and don criqui were split

753118[/snapback]

I did say he was a smart man and I did like him the times I've seen covering other games. But last night he seemed like nothing more than a Bills employee. I would hope he would try to show off his expertise. Not sell tickets for the Bills. :devil:

Some people like the tatse of Kool-Aid. Some people don't. :angry:

753208[/snapback]

Oh, right, because only negative, know-it-all smart A$$es are realistic....

Kool-Aid comes in many flavors, and it ain't no badge of honor to choose consistently to drink from the container of "Everything Sucks, Anyone Who disagrees with Me is a Stepford Tutti-Fruitti Punch."

Oh Yeaaaahhhhh! :devil:

Actually the Bills do have a lot of talent in the secondary.

The whole draft was spent on the secondary, and they already had Clements, McGee, Vincent, and Jabari Greer and Eric King are good nickel corners.

Usually players like Rashad Baker, who's pretty good, don't get cut, and that's what the Bills are facing unless they keep 5 safeties, which is not that common either.

Coy Wire's been on the team about 4 years and he's a goner.

That's all Tasker was trying to say. The embarrassing comment might have taken it a bit far, but they do have a talented secondary.

Kool-Aid comes in many flavors, and it ain't no badge of honor to choose consistently to drink from the container of "Everything Sucks, Anyone Who disagrees with Me is a Stepford Tutti-Fruitti Punch." 

Oh Yeaaaahhhhh!  :devil:

753259[/snapback]

Well said.

Oh Yeaaaahhhhh!  :devil:

753259[/snapback]

For some a cup of truth taste bitter.

It's funny how in your own words you pair "negative" and "realistic". A Freudian slip maybe? :angry:

if he would've said the bills have a lot of talent on the oline, or the bills have a lot of talent at quaterback, or proven wr's or a great defensive line then I can see taking up issue with it, but the fact is we do have a lot of talent in the secondary, and it is probably our deepest area of depth on the team.

753078[/snapback]

I don't fully disagree with him. We have plenty of talent in our secondary, unfortunately many of them are still unproven. Tasker did seem a bit like a homer in the first half but at times I actually think he is overly critical of the Bills, as though he is over-compensating to avoid criticism. Back to the secondary, if Whitner, Simpson and Youboty play to similar levels as they did in college, they, along side Clements, McGee, Baker and Vincent are a very talented group.

For some a cup of truth taste bitter.

It's funny how in your own words you pair "negative" and "realistic". A Freudian slip maybe?  :devil:

753307[/snapback]

No Freudian slip at all. I was referring specifically to the tendency of some people on TBD who post the most relentlessly negative stuff to claim to have the market cornered on truth and realism. You know, the kind of people who would write something like "a cup of truth" tasting bitter and all that.

It is no more realistic to constantly predict doom than it is to constantly predict happiness, though it is more annoying. When one pairs relentless negativity with smug claims to realism, the annoyance factor rises, and that inspired my response.

I make no claim to knowing whether the Bills will be good or horrible next year. Chances are excellent they will not win a championship; but I will wait until the games are played before I claim to know how things will turn out. I will be disappointed if they suck, but I will survive. I do not understand why anyone would bother choosing a voluntary activity like being a sports fan, then spend all their time predicting awful things for their team and imputing base motives to the ownership and management. Maybe, as LA Billz Fan wrote once a while back, people do that to protect their fragile egos against disappointment. Perhaps Dr. Freud would know better than I how to explain that.

I did say he was a smart man and I did like him the times I've seen covering other games. But last night he seemed like nothing more than a Bills employee. I would hope he would try to show off his expertise. Not sell tickets for the Bills.  :devil:

753205[/snapback]

honestly, i think that's all he was supposed to do. I remember tasker and marv basically being non-drunk fans with microphones during the preseason games. All the teams are like that. I'm sure its in their contracts, their told to do it, or they just do it because all the home team announcers do the same thing. They're not as bad as the NESN bruins guys those. At least they didn't lay a bounty on briere.

if he would've said the bills have a lot of talent on the oline, or the bills have a lot of talent at quaterback, or proven wr's or a great defensive line then I can see taking up issue with it, but the fact is we do have a lot of talent in the secondary, and it is probably our deepest area of depth on the team.

753310[/snapback]

Actually, very early in the game, Tasker mentioned that the group of WRs behind Lee Evans, was "stellar" or "exceptional" or a similar description, which nearly caused me to do a "spit take"...

Bills have great DBs? Yes.

Bills have great WRs? That's just being Homer-like.