Tasker?

DeLuca1967

No Freudian slip at all. I was referring specifically to the tendency of some people on TBD who post the most relentlessly negative stuff to claim to have the market cornered on truth and realism. You know, the kind of people who would write something like "a cup of truth" tasting bitter and all that.

It is no more realistic to constantly predict doom than it is to constantly predict happiness, though it is more annoying. When one pairs relentless negativity with smug claims to realism, the annoyance factor rises, and that inspired my response.

I make no claim to knowing whether the Bills will be good or horrible next year. Chances are excellent they will not win a championship; but I will wait until the games are played before I claim to know how things will turn out. I will be disappointed if they suck, but I will survive. I do not understand why anyone would bother choosing a voluntary activity like being a sports fan, then spend all their time predicting awful things for their team and imputing base motives to the ownership and management. Maybe, as LA Billz Fan wrote once a while back, people do that to protect their fragile egos against disappointment. Perhaps Dr. Freud would know better than I how to explain that.

753317[/snapback]

What's not to understand?

A fan should base his opinions on the information at hand. All of the information not just a piece here and there. As you will see with most Levy apologists who will pick out one point of what they consider a "negative" post and focus on it.

For example. The following events have occured since last year.

1) The Bills fired their GM and hired a figure head who does none of the duties of a NFL GM.

2) The faux GM's first choice as coach quits after one week. They replace him with the cheapest option.

3) The Bills were not big players in free agency. They signed a bunch of third and fourth tier free agents with the hopes a couple would stick.

4) They will have a different O-Line which some claim will be better then last years. Last years being the worst in franchise history. So you have to take "better" with a grain of salt.

5) They pass on some quality QB prospects and some monsters on the lines to reach for a safety. Whitner may turn out to be a solid pick. With the 8th pick you should get a game breaker.

6) This preseason looks a lot like the previous preseasons. Weak line play. Dumb penalties that take points of the board. Average QB play.

Each of these things alone are not season breakers. When you combine all of them you should understand where many fans draw their conclusions from. :devil:

What's not to understand?

A fan should base his opinions on the information at hand. All of the information not just a piece here and there. As you will see with most Levy apologists who will pick out one point of what they consider a "negative" post and focus on it.

For example. The following events have occured since last year.

1) The Bills fired their GM and hired a figure head who does none of the duties of a NFL GM.

2) The faux GM's first choice as coach quits after one week. They replace him with the cheapest option.

3) The Bills were not big players in free agency. They signed a bunch of third and fourth tier free agents with the hopes a couple would stick.

4) They will have a different O-Line which some claim will be better then last years. Last years being the worst in franchise history. So you have to take "better" with a grain of salt.

5) They pass on some quality QB prospects and some monsters on the lines to reach for a safety. Whitner may turn out to be a solid pick. With the 8th pick you should get a game breaker.

6) This preseason looks a lot like the previous preseasons. Weak line play. Dumb penalties that take points of the board. Average QB play.

Each of these things alone are not season breakers. When you combine all of them you should understand where many fans draw their conclusions from. ;)

753528[/snapback]

1)Is that a fact?....figure head?.....A fact?....or opinion?

2)Is that a fact?....first choice?......Really?....opinion me thinks.

3)Is that a fact?...Only the Lions & Texans signed more FAs than the Bills.....Fiction!!!

4)Is that a fact?..."Some claim"??? At least be reasonable in the setup of the statement. There is nothing to suggest that the upgrades will not produce adequate-good OL production by midseason. To assume either way at this point is premature.

5)Is that a fact?....Only if you count both N'Gata & Bunkley as 'Monsters'....Umm....why can't Whitner turn into a game breaker????.

6)Is that a fact?....weak line play?....many are telling me otherwise....dumb penalties?....HOORAY!!!! :devil: you get one right.....Average QB play?....what exactly do you mean by that? How do you think your 'quality QB prospects' would have played? JP is showing great improvement. To expect a great deal more is totally unreasonable.

RJ wrote...

Oh, right, because only negative, know-it-all smart A$$es are realistic....
& you totally misread what it obviously meant.

I think your negativity clouds your (perhaps) better judgement.

If you came out with reasonable arguments(as many on this board do) which point out some of our failings as a team & perhaps some thoughts on how to improve things I could take what you say & run with it.

Your points & views are so negatively skewed that I find I simply take them with a grain of salt. ;)

I went to the game Saturday. I watched the replay of it tonight and I've got to be honest, I don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Tasker was critical of the team. He gave a honest assessment of what was going on. You're taking his secondary comment totally out of context.

Now, he didn't hate the team. He wasn't completely negative about everything the Bills did. He wasn't ultra critical. He also did not make cheap and classless jokes about Ralph Wilson or Marv Levy's age. Based on your above comments, my guess is that this is the kind of coverage you'd like to see of the team. Which is fine, to each his own. (But personally, if a football game was presented with that much negative bias, I'd turn the sound down.)

If I'm not mistaken, I think DeLuca is the same guy who extolled the virtues of Zhitnik and Satan on the Sabres board and called out their GM for making bad trades and having crappy personnel. Methinks he's switching over to this board for negativity (since he's having a hard time with his "realism" posts over there) - this is probably a good sign for our football team. :devil:

And while I think Tasker sucks as an announcer, he's no worse than the other local yokels who trumpet their teams.

I really get tired of these threads after every "Tasker" game. He has inproved. Since I'm AT the game I didn't get to listen to the Browns game with him but usually he is OVERLY critical of the Bills(on purpose).

He has a wonderful sense of humor that he just doesn't show doing his color commentary. Knowing him I just can't be as objective as you who want another john Madden.

If I'm not mistaken, I think DeLuca is the same guy who extolled the virtues of Zhitnik and Satan on the Sabres board and called out their GM for making bad trades and having crappy personnel.  Methinks he's switching over to this board for negativity (since he's having a hard time with his "realism" posts over there) - this is probably a good sign for our football team.  :devil:

And while I think Tasker sucks as an announcer, he's no worse than the other local yokels who trumpet their teams.

753697[/snapback]

Bingo on both, Lothar. ;)