Ko Simpson

I've been hearing a lot about this guy in the past few weeks of camp. I was excited when they picked him up in the draft, and he's an incredible specimen with his speed and height. He was ranked higher than Donte, and I think he's proved himself slightly better.

Anyone agree here? I believe he deserves to at leas tbe above Rashad on the depth-chart

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing a lot about this guy in the past few weeks of camp.  I was excited when they picked him up in the draft, and he's an incredible specimen with his speed and height.  He was ranked higher than Donte, and I think he's proved himself slightly better.

Anyone agree here? I believe he deserves to at leas tbe above Rashad on the depth-chart

751915[/snapback]

I like him a lot and think next season he probably starts. But Rashad is pretty good, too, and will likely make the team, and may even play before Ko does. Simpson went for an INT last week instead of breaking up the pass, missed it, and the Bengal went for about 60 yards down the middle of the field. I am not sure he is ready but he really looks like a player.

I dunno - I see the college films, I see the preseason and camp films, and I gotta think we need to get him on the field. Ball hawks are what they are: it's like speed you have it or you don't. And there is no doubt KO is a ball hawk.

Vincent keeps getting, and staying, blocked on running plays. It seems he is always there to touch tackle the other team's receiver on the ground after the ball has been caught. Like I said - I dunno, have to see a real game - but I think getting KO significant playing time this year can only help.

This is a young team.

Ko is an up and coming player. He SHOULD be on the field starting in place of Troy Vincent.

Hopefully the coaches realize it and he's in the starting lineup after the bye week.

I dunno - I see the college films, I see the preseason and camp films, and I gotta think we need to get him on the field. Ball hawks are what they are: it's like speed you have it or you don't. And there is no doubt KO is a ball hawk.

Vincent keeps getting, and staying, blocked on running plays. It seems he is always there to touch tackle the other team's receiver on the ground after the ball has been caught. Like I said - I dunno, have to see a real game - but I think getting KO significant playing time this year can only help.

751930[/snapback]

He was ranked higher than Donte.

751915[/snapback]

i like what i've seen/heard about Ko, and am excited he can be a good one.

But, RANKED HIGHER THAN DANTE??? I don't think that is true...who ranked Ko higher than whitner? Top 10 pick vs. 3rd round pick. I find that hard to billeive

But, RANKED HIGHER THAN DANTE???  I don't think that is true...who ranked Ko higher than whitner?  Top 10 pick vs. 3rd round pick.  I find that hard to billeive

751965[/snapback]

Actually Ko was a 4th round pick, Yobouty was our 3rd round pick.

But, RANKED HIGHER THAN DANTE???  I don't think that is true...who ranked Ko higher than whitner?  Top 10 pick vs. 3rd round pick.  I find that hard to billeive

751965[/snapback]

He is in the ESPN draft guide.

It doesn't make sense to compare Ko Simpson with Donte Whitner.

But they are sure to accomodate each other for the next 10 years.  If Youboty can catch up, the Bills will have a dominant secondary in only a few years.

751979[/snapback]

If KO is in there this year who's to say we don't have a dominant secondary now?

I've been hearing a lot about this guy in the past few weeks of camp.  I was excited when they picked him up in the draft, and he's an incredible specimen with his speed and height.  He was ranked higher than Donte, and I think he's proved himself slightly better.

751915[/snapback]

Higher than Donte? They play different positions

751965[/snapback]

Ko dropped in the months leading to the draft from a projected 1st or 2nd round draft pick, while Donte rose during the same time-frame up from a projected 2nd.

Ko was a 4th rounder wasn't he?

And c'mon...he should not start over Troy Vincent...that is rediculous to say. I'd rather have him learn more and ease him onto the field rather than throwing him in there because he's younger and a "ball hawk"

Vincent isn't done yet people! He's got one more year in him! :P

Ko was a 4th rounder wasn't he?

And c'mon...he should not start over Troy Vincent...that is rediculous to say. I'd rather have him learn more and ease him onto the field rather than throwing him in there because he's younger and a "ball hawk"

Vincent isn't done yet people! He's got one more year in him! :P

751996[/snapback]

I agree - I don't necessarily want to start him unless Vincent is obviously bad - that's why I want to see a real game first. However, I think we should get him on the field any way we can :D

It will be interesting to see if they activate him early on. He's looked good on special teams, too. But I still think Baker is ahead of him. And they are not likely to activate three FS in the game.

751999[/snapback]

Baker might be ahead of him in the short term but if the team thinks Ko is a better long term solution we might end up cutting Rashad. As it allow us to dress Ko and let him learn on the field and keep someone like Leonhard as a swing S and/or special teamer.

Vincent isn't done yet people! He's got one more year in him! :D

751996[/snapback]

Some brilliant posting going on at the Range. :w00t:

Has Troy Vincent Ever Met a Tackle He Couldn't Avoid or Miss?

Perhaps when Troy Vincent was younger and in his Pro Bowl days in Philly he initiated contact, but since coming to Buffalo he avoids contact with the ball carrier except, of course, if the ball carrier is wearing a bright red jersey -- READ S-T-O-P -- and is his own team's rookie QB carrying the ball in practice.

Troy Vincent is done.

Cut him now, save the salary cap room and let the yonger safeties develop with more playing time.

:P