Spikes May Play Saturday

IDBillzFan

I hope they hold him out as well...no need in rushing him back any sooner than need be. As bad as we need him out there, I wouldn't be opposed to him returning for the home opener against the Jets.

But the coaches as well as Takeo must feel like he has progressed to a point where they feel comfortable enough letting him out there. I just hope Takeo isn't his own worst enemy and trying to come back too soon..

I guess it would be encouraging to see him for a series or two, but not more than that.

749462[/snapback]

It would be good to see him out on the field stalking the sidelines in a zone, a screen pass be called, and TKO be able to drop the hammer on an unsuspecting RB that didn't even see him coming. Then sit until the Reg. Season starts. :devil:

Put it this way: If he never had the injury, you wouldn't keep him out of 2-3 series in the Browns game for fear of losing him to injury, especially if he hasn't played yet and because he is in a new defense with new players and coaches in a new position.

Combine that with if the Bills coaches or doctors or Spikes himself thought there was any greater risk to injury by him playing now he would not be playing now.

Combine that with if there were greater risk that we don't know about, and no doctor knows about, for him playing 2-3 series in an exhibition game, he is shot to hell right now anyway.

So play him.

His achilles has been 100% for several weeks. btw. He is only building up stength in his leg and getting past mental blocks now.

At this point, much of his "comeback" is going to rely on him knowing that he is okay. He has to get out there and feel things out. It will take a few games before he feels comfortable putting all of his weight on that leg, or cutting hard, etc...

I think it's a good move for him to get out there. The experience of being on the field during full game speed feeling things out will pay off huge in the future. This of course all goes under the assumption that the achilles is healed, which it has to be or he wouldn't be out there.

It isn't like...HEY, IT HEALED...TIME TO GO!!! And then he is all of a sudden in the game full speed. He has to learn to use his body again. Why not start that part of the recovery in pre-season? As good as he is, if he's tentative come game time, he will be a liability.

At this point, much of his "comeback" is going to rely on him knowing that he is okay.  He has to get out there and feel things out.  It will take a few games before he feels comfortable putting all of his weight on that leg, or cutting hard, etc...

I think it's a good move for him to get out there.  The experience of being on the field during full game speed feeling things out will pay off huge in the future.  This of course all goes under the assumption that the achilles is healed, which it has to be or he wouldn't be out there.

It isn't like...HEY, IT HEALED...TIME TO GO!!!  And then he is all of a sudden in the game full speed.  He has to learn to use his body again.  Why not start that part of the recovery in pre-season?  As good as he is, if he's tentative come game time, he will be a liability.

749645[/snapback]

From my brain to your keyboard...I think that sums it up perfectly