Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks...

As much as I love seeing ex-bills become announcers, I think Tasker is a horrible announcer, he is ALWAYS getting #'s and players names wrongs, he fumbles with words, sometimes can't even make a coherent sentance, and at times has no idea what he is talking about? It drives me crazy to listen to him sometimes, he was a great player... but announcer.... I think not...

As much as I love seeing ex-bills become announcers, I think Tasker is a horrible announcer, he is ALWAYS getting #'s and players names wrongs, he fumbles with words, sometimes can't even make a coherent sentance, and at times has no idea what he is talking about? It drives me crazy to listen to him sometimes, he was a great player... but announcer.... I think not...

747867[/snapback]

No. I think he was a great player and all-time great Bill and totally great guy and one godawful horrible announcer.

No. I think he was a great player and all-time great Bill and totally great guy and one godawful horrible announcer.

747870[/snapback]

:thumbs up: Thank you, i've never heard anyone say anything about him, so I felt like I was the only one who noticed... I feel much better now <_<

Yeah. I picked my name out of great respect for him as a player before every hearing him announce.

Definitely not good at his second career. But boy did he make some plays when he had a helmet instead of a headset.

Slightly off topic, I've been very impressed with Marshall Faulk as an analyst so far.

I think he is pretty inadequate too, at a job where you don't really have to do anything less than not embarass yourself....but, what do I know...I just heard over the last week, that he was going to be the lead "sideline analyst" in the upcoming Super Bowl...didn't they used to give that job to hot chicks, and Eric Dickerson?

He truly is a terrible announcer. It's bad when you find yourself routinely shouting corrections at him while watching the game at home. Has a propensity to confuse offensive and defensive players' names, a feat seldom accomplished by professional broadcasters. Then doesn't even bother to correct his glaring mistakes. Justin Geisinger on the blitz!

Tasker the player, two thumbs up, tasker the announcer, one finger up. I love the guy, one of the all time Bills greats. Good family man, community man, and seems like a real solid guy...but please put down the mic.

He truly is a terrible announcer.  It's bad when you find yourself routinely shouting corrections at him while watching the game at home.  Has a propensity to confuse offensive and defensive players' names, a feat seldom accomplished by professional broadcasters.  Then doesn't even bother to correct his glaring mistakes.  Justin Geisinger on the blitz!

747964[/snapback]

I don't think he's quite that bad, but I agree with you on "Justin Geisinger on the blitz". I was like WTF?

747867[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more with your post. He also seems to be overly-critical of the Bills. I understand that being a former BB he probably does not want to come of biased but sometimes he really lays into them.

The only incoherent announcer that I want is Madden.

It'd be sadly funny if Madden took part in some medical tests and it was concluded that he's suffered from alzheimers for the last 14 years.

747870[/snapback]

It is kind of like when Jim Kelly had his stint with ESPN...they had him in the studio, and he was just terrible...constantly flip-flopping words, speaking in the most tired of cliches...it was a god-send that ESPN didn't renew his contract. I loved him as a player, but used to take a lot of razzing from friends about him sounding really stupid...strangely enough, Jim was much better at doing color, than he was as a studio analyst. It was painful to watch him on ESPN..

Reminds me of Myron Cope minus the Brain Anurism.

748090[/snapback]

Now that guy gets over much more than anyone realizes. He is a flat out stuttering prick but everyone in Pburg let's him off because he is myron. When he's doing Giant Eagle(pronounced iggle) ads - everybody loves him. (BTW, Wegman's or Topps could come down there and own) But even the most Southside hardcore guy married to a yinzer(if you don't know 'bout that - it takes too long to explain) will tell you that Cope is an idiot. Just don' t try to get them to admit it - they will only say that if they think you are one of them :).

Anyway, regarding tasker - I was in training with his first cousin(yes same goofiness and haircut). That guy, and I think it runs in the family based on the observations posted so far, is all about being super right. That group can't stand being wrong. Is it any wonder that Tasker has a hard time getting it right? Indiana - that's where u r gonna find ur most open minded people? No. These are people that will go to court about a fence being .5 feet off - my first roomate in the army loved that story - cause they ended up being right 0:).

Plus, think about it - is a pro-bowler guy from Indy gonna give props to any Bills team that doensn't at least make the playoffs? NO way. Moreover, the last thing the guy needs during his quest to be "right" is being perceived as a Bills homer. I think he is actively critical of our team precisely because he has a national job and doesn't want anybody to question his objectivity. Please, no one is questioning his heart - he just can't stand being perceived as a "Joe Namath"(remember that?) announcer - but underneath - he would love us to win, lots, so he could turn into Chris Berman.

Or maybe I am ranting - not sure - been a weird night and work starts for me now. I just can't lay the Namath thing down. We were beating the Jets 21-0 by the first quarter in '90 and Joe says "the jets would be winning this game without Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas and those two turnovers" :blush:

At least Tasker doesn't run that kinda nonsense.....so far!

747867[/snapback]

i foudn that he often says penalties are on bills players when they are actually on the other team. its like hes the visiting teams announcer, very annoying.