Haven't heard a thing about Whitner or McCargo

Stl Bills

How did our 2 first rounders do last night? Glad to hear K. Williams looked good again; Tim Anderson doesn't deserve a roster spot IMHO. With Vincent out did Donte and Ko start or was it Donte and Baker?

Whitner was average, I believe he had a few tackles...but he dropped an interception. I was sitting right on the 30, and it was clear that he had shot at it. McCargo was quiet. Ko Simpson was very active on both ST and D. I love that pick.

As far as Clements goes...yuck. He got picked on early and was absolutely terrible. Johnson chewed him up.

As far as Clements goes...yuck. He got picked on early and was absolutely terrible. Johnson chewed him up.

747476[/snapback]

I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about him this year. It doesn't seem like his heart is in it. I thought he'd step up because he is playing for a long term deal, here or elsewhere, but I haven't seen it yet.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about him this year.  It doesn't seem like his heart is in it.  I thought he'd step up because he is playing for a long term deal, here or elsewhere, but I haven't seen it yet.

747491[/snapback]

Yeah, but this makes sense. What does he get in 07 if he blows out a knee in preseason? For that matter, what does he get for doing well in preseason games? He isn't fighting for a starting job.

I really wish they would extend him (understanding that it takes to willing sides). Once he is signed long term, we can hopefully address other needs in 07.

We sure could use another young linebacker.

How did our 2 first rounders do last night?  Glad to hear K. Williams looked good again; Tim Anderson doesn't deserve a roster spot IMHO.  With Vincent out did Donte and Ko start or was it Donte and Baker?

747456[/snapback]

By having the position that Tim Anderson does not deserve a roster spot, are you suggesting that the guy behind him John Jefferson does? If so, what have you seen that makes you such a believer in Jefferson that you want to give up on a guy the Bills drafted and no one complained he was a reach while he is still owed bucks under his slotted contract which would be accelerated as a cap hit if we cut him.

Alternately, are you arguing that we keep fewer DTs on the roster than we kept last year and that we will be fine keeping three or four if you elevate Sape on the depth chart from third string.

Or alternately are you simply just pissed that Anderson ain't a solid starter yet after two seasons (most folks feel that judgments on any and particular first day picks need three years at least before one throws them under the bus) and simply ranting without a serious thought to the implications of such a move.

By having the position that Tim Anderson does not deserve a roster spot, are you suggesting that the guy behind him John Jefferson does?  If so, what have you seen that makes you such a believer in Jefferson that you want to give up on a guy the Bills drafted and no one complained he was a reach while he is still owed bucks under his slotted contract which would be accelerated as a cap hit if we cut him.

Alternately, are you arguing that we keep fewer DTs on the roster than we kept last year and that we will be fine keeping three or four if you elevate Sape on the depth chart from third string.

Or alternately are you simply just pissed that Anderson ain't a solid starter yet after two seasons (most folks feel that judgments on any and particular first day picks need three years at least before one throws them under the bus) and simply ranting without a serious thought to the implications of such a move.

747551[/snapback]

Maybe there will be a decent DT that gets cut at final cutdown time that the Bills can grab. Maybe an older vet that can give us a year even as a backup. Wiliams could be starting.

By having the position that Tim Anderson does not deserve a roster spot, are you suggesting that the guy behind him John Jefferson does?  If so, what have you seen that makes you such a believer in Jefferson that you want to give up on a guy the Bills drafted and no one complained he was a reach while he is still owed bucks under his slotted contract which would be accelerated as a cap hit if we cut him.

747551[/snapback]

:blink:<_<

Well the one good thing about this post is that for once it didn't take you 8000 words to read way too much into what someone said. Any dumbass could simply tell from what I said is that I favor K. Williams over T. Anderson and that I don't think highly of Anderson.

While I said Anderson doesn't deserve a roster spot IMO, I didn't suggest the Bills are actually going to cut him nor are they really in a position to do so. I don't care if Anderson was getting his feet wet last year; his play did not encourage me that he can develop into a good player in years to come.

I didn't even bring up Jason Jefferson but the little I have seen from him is better than the numerous unimpressive snaps I've seen Anderson involved in. Hopefully I'm wrong about Anderson but right now I just don't see it.

....Any dumbass could simply tell from what I said is that I favor K. Williams over T. Anderson and that I don't think highly of Anderson......

747559[/snapback]

Um....if that is what you meant to say, why didn't you simply say it?

Don't expect others to assume that you didn't mean it like you wrote,

because there are plenty of 'real' dumbasses here who write far more ludicrous things....& they do mean what they write.

:blink:  <_<

Well the one good thing about this post is that for once it didn't take you 8000 words to read way to much into what someone said.  Any dumbass could simply tell from what I said is that I favor K. Williams over T. Anderson and that I don't think highly of Anderson.

While I said Anderson doesn't deserve a roster spot IMO, I didn't suggest the Bills are actually going to cut him nor are they really in a position to do so. I don't care if Anderson was getting his feet wet last year; his play did not encourage me that he can develop into a good player in years to come. 

I didn't even bring up Jason Jefferson but the little I have seen from him is better than the numerous unimpressive snaps I've seen Anderson involved in.  Hopefully I'm wrong about Anderson but right now I just don't see it.

747559[/snapback]

The last 5 games of 2005, Anderson was one of our better players on Defense. Is that not showing you anything?

but he dropped an interception. I was sitting right on the 30, and it was clear that he had shot at it.

747476[/snapback]

That's what I noticed, and that ball hit Whitner in the numbers. Damn, we NEED to make those plays

:blink:  <_<

Well the one good thing about this post is that for once it didn't take you 8000 words to read way to much into what someone said.  Any dumbass could simply tell from what I said is that I favor K. Williams over T. Anderson and that I don't think highly of Anderson.

I didn't even bring up Jason Jefferson but the little I have seen from him is better than the numerous unimpressive snaps I've seen Anderson involved in.  Hopefully I'm wrong about Anderson but right now I just don't see it.

747559[/snapback]

Actually, I owe you thanks! I was in fact able to express in fewer that 8000 words that when you said "Tim Anderson doesn't deserve a roster spot" that I was making a false assumption that you were suggesting that the Bills should not give him a roster spot.

Fortunately, it took fewer than 800 words from me for you to in fact say that when you said he did not deserve a roster spot that in fact you were not suggesting he be debied a roster spot.

Now that you have let us all know that only a dumbass would believe what you say, it is quite helpful.

Fortunately, it took fewer than 800 words from me for you to in fact say that when you said he did not deserve a roster spot that in fact you were not suggesting he be debied a roster spot.

747678[/snapback]

Worst. Sentence. Ever.

0:)  :blush:

Well the one good thing about this post is that for once it didn't take you 8000 words to read way too much into what someone said. 

747559[/snapback]

Well said.

Do not ask about McCargo, you won't find any insights here. I wrote here a few days ago that I was concerned about his lack of hustle in practice (as reported in the media) and folks here tried to lecture me that he was "raw". As if being raw has something to do with a lack of hustle. :)

Actually, I owe you thanks!  I was in fact able to express in fewer that 8000 words that when you said "Tim Anderson doesn't deserve a roster spot" that I was making a false assumption that you were suggesting that the Bills should not give him a roster spot.

Now that you have let us all know that only a dumbass would believe what you say, it is quite helpful.

747678[/snapback]

English major, huh?