Nice!

jarthur31

As for JP's 2 sacks and fumbles which led to 6 points, last year he was sacked 26 times and fumbled only once.  I doubt it's something to worry about.

746780[/snapback]

I'm worried about it because it keeps this QB competition going for another week and keeps the door open for Holcomb.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about it because it keeps this QB competition going for another week and keeps the door open for Holcomb.

746787[/snapback]

Not necessarily, or atleast until the staff decides that the sacks were the result of poor judgement by Losman. I agree that the pick should be more of a concern if it was indeed a poor read.

Possibly, but like I said, if they look at last year's stats as an indicator, JP's not prone to fumbling when getting sacked. And in a real game, I doubt that 2nd sack ever happens since they'd probably run the ball with 35 seconds left in the half and go into halftime.

As for the INT, I'd like to know it was Reed's fault. But that still means that Reed is a screw-up and Marv wasted money on re-signing him.

Four really bad plays when you hear about them, the two JP fumbles, the Willis fumble, and the JP INT, but until I see them I won't know if they are alarming, or just bad plays. The rest of the first half was impressive. Pre season isn't about putting it all together and getting everything right, and playing mistake free. It is about coming together, showing progress, and getting ready for Sept 10th.

We can't take away those four plays or the big impact they have on this game, but after you admit them and look beyond, there was some pretty impressive stuff between JP, Willis, and Lee. I look forward to seeing this team continue to progress, learn to cut out the mistakes, and hopefully have a surprising season.

As for the INT, I'd like to know it was Reed's fault.  But that still means that Reed is a screw-up and Marv wasted money on re-signing him.

746801[/snapback]

That can easily be remedied by cutting his sorry azz. Don't we have a log jam at WR anyway?

I hope Dick and Marv get with it and cut Wire too.

Four really bad plays when you hear about them, the two JP fumbles, the Willis fumble, and the JP INT, but until I see them I won't know if they are alarming, or just bad plays.  The rest of the first half was impressive.  Pre season isn't about putting it all together and getting everything right, and playing mistake free.  It is about coming together, showing progress, and getting ready for Sept 10th.

We can't take away those four plays or the big impact they have on this game, but after you admit them and look beyond, there was some pretty impressive stuff between JP, Willis, and Lee.  I look forward to seeing this team continue to progress, learn to cut out the mistakes, and hopefully have a surprising season.

746803[/snapback]

And besides the four good plays on the run by Willis, and three passes over 20 yards it's a pretty sad performance. Actually what you want to see is the ability to stop your opponent, and actually sustain a drive. We have done neither.

Yeah, THAT'S what we need.  A career backup stepping-up. :P

746754[/snapback]

Bret Farves back up, son........He probably knows more about NFL quarterbacking then those other two boneheaded Knuckleheads (rj&Bledsoe lookalikes)put together!

And besides the four good plays on the run by Willis, and three passes over 20 yards it's a pretty sad performance.  Actually what you want to see is the ability to stop your opponent, and actually sustain a drive.  We have done neither.

746806[/snapback]

Bengals drives 1st half

6 46 Missed FG

3 -13 Punt

3 2 Punt

12 60 Touchdown

3 0 Punt

4 34 Field Goal

4 2 Field Goal

Our D didn't play too bad at all really.

Bret Farves back up, son........He probably knows more about NFL quarterbacking then those other two boneheaded Knuckleheads (rj&Bledsoe lookalikes)put together!

746810[/snapback]

Yeah, he 's learned alot holding a clipboard.