I'm sorry, but personally i think

BoondckCL

Here's why.

I think that he is simply just a dude that Tom Donahoe brought in to fill a hole on the offensive line. All the other guys that he brought in (i.e. Bennie Anderson) have completely flopped. What is the difference between the two players? I really don't see any drastic improvement between the two.

In his years with Buffalo, he has not done that much to impress me so why is he still on this roster? I think he was part of the Donahoe propaganda machine and people just have wised up to the act yet.

Personally if he is not cut by the end of camp, i believe that this will be his last year on this Bills team.

Thank God.

I think that he is simply just a dude that Tom Donahoe brought in to fill a hole on the offensive line. All the other guys that he brought in (i.e. Bennie Anderson) have completely flopped. What is the difference between the two players? I really don't see any drastic improvement between the two.

745174[/snapback]

Chris V may be old, beat-up, & near the end of his career, but he is still much better today than Fat Bennie ever was.

Chris V may be old, beat-up, & near the end of his career, but he is still much better today than Fat Bennie ever was.

745188[/snapback]

I wouldn't go that far quite so fast. The only thing i saw out of him was him throwing that guy on his ass in the KC game last year after the play.

He doesn't impress me and i am not sure if he ever will.

The Bears released him when the Bears sucked. What does that say?

I don't think it is because he is at the end of his career, i can't think of a time when people were saying "Oh Chris Villarial is a force on that Bears offensive line". Can You?

Apology accepted :blink:

Really though I agree. I think Chris Villarrial is on borrowed time. His age and amount of games played is definitly catching up to him. I'm concered he no longer has the durability to last a full season, or the amount of time left in his career to be productive part of building a cohesive offensive line. Nothing against the guy personally, but I dont see him anymore as being productive when blocking in space or pulling for traps or sweeps, or stretch or counter plays. Id really like to see Preston supplant him and let villarrial move on. It would probably be in the best interest for the bills future to instill youth on the oline, as by the time losman progresses enough and the oline is good villarrial will be out the door and we'll looking again to supplant him, when we could just put preston there now and let him try his hand. No harm no foul.

I wouldn't go that far quite so fast. The only thing i saw out of him was him throwing that guy on his ass in the KC game last year after the play.

He doesn't impress me and i am not sure if he ever will.

The Bears released him when the Bears sucked. What does that say?

I don't think it is because he is at the end of his career, i can't think of a time when people were saying "Oh Chris Villarial is a force on that Bears offensive line". Can You?

745190[/snapback]

They didn't release him, he signed here as a UFA for good $$$... and I thought he played well in 2004.

Just because you are a free agent that signs for big money, it does not meant that the team you left wanted you back, or that you were a major impact on that team. The Bills have many times let players walk away and they sign else where, that does not mean that those players were ever that good.

Just because you are a free agent that signs for big money, it does not meant that the team you left wanted you back, or that you were a major impact on that team. The Bills have many times let players walk away and they sign else where, that does not mean that those players were ever that good.

745198[/snapback]

That's true... and I do not watch the Bears that much to say how he performed for them. But at the risk of "parrotting", the better NFL preview mags like Pro Football Weekly, Street & Smith, and Sporting News gave him decent (not great) props when he was there. Like I said, I thought he was good in 2004, but may have hit the wall last year. OTOH, here in Baltimore, I've seen most of Fat Bennie's games to date and, outside of a handful of average performances, he has always sucked.

That's true... and I do not watch the Bears that much to say how he performed for them. But at the risk of "parrotting", the better NFL preview mags like Pro Football Weekly, Street & Smith, and Sporting News gave him decent (not great) props when he was there. Like I said, I thought he was good in 2004, but may have hit the wall last year. OTOH, here in Baltimore, I've seen most of Fat Bennie's games to date and, outside of a handful of average performances, he has always sucked.

745200[/snapback]

Okay, i can buy that. Not what i was looking for, but i can buy that.

Yeah, I'm not up on Villarial either. I haven't seen enough from Preston or Gibson to know if either of them would be better this year, but I can't see them being much worse. I would love to see one of them step up, because Villarial has been shaky at best, and isn't getting any better. The rest of the line has a lot more potential, and a surprise at RT could really help the unit perform better.

Here's why.

In his years with Buffalo, he has not done that much to impress me so why is he still on this roster? I think he was part of the Donahoe propaganda machine and people just have wised up to the act yet.

Personally if he is not cut by the end of camp, i believe that this will be his last year on this Bills team.

Thank God.

745174[/snapback]

He played his best football for the Bears and is definitley on the downside of his career. At one time he was a solid player, that time is past.

Our depth at OL lack experience and that is a major concern. For that reason Villireal will probably make the club for another year. I am hoping that Preston improves enough to eventually take the job away this season.

745198[/snapback]

I can tell you that the Bears did want him back, and were sorry to see him leave. Can't say the same about Gandy though... :)

I thought CV was a good signing by TD at the time and that he was productive for us in several regards in the inital season after his signing:

1. The Bills pretty desperately needed more veteran prescence after the cut Ruben after 2003. Ruben was the only OL player to have started at his position that year and merely having started at the position for one year still left this team with the need for a vet, even one well into the backside of his career like CV.

2. CV actually played some good ball for us in 2004 as the OL improved over the 2003 debacle and actually was quite productive during the win streak, blocking for WM going over a 1000 yards in only 9 starts and doing the blocking for Bledsoe who saw a huge reductions in his sack total as TD called a good game to make him productive.

3. CB deserves special kudos for his work in 04 because he was mot only playing next to MW who was no help to an RG, but actually his stabilizing influence seemed to help MW alot coming back from his near meltdown in voluntary camp.

However, I think he really began to show things which used to be nicks he would play through become injuries which cost him starts. I think borrowed time is a good way to describe CV this year at best and I expect to see Preston as our RG relatively soon this season.

John Tait gave up 9.5 sacks and 6 penalties.  They probably WOULD want Gandy back.

745894[/snapback]

Doesn't change the point that the Bears were sorry to see CV leave, whereas they outright released Gandy mid-season. Maybe they're poor personnel evaluators for all we know.

As for Tait, couldn't have been related to a rookie QB thrust into action back there or nothing. Let me check the playoff teams from last year and get back to ya...