Realistically, could Holcumb

BoondckCL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous.

747115[/snapback]

What's so ridiculous about that. I hear the axe sharpening too. Saying that he is the worst is a little over the top, but if he doesn't have the balls to throw fifteen yards down field, i don't want him on my team.

If he is not the best of the back ups then how could he even be close to a comparable starter?

What's so ridiculous about that. I hear the axe sharpening too. Saying that he is the worst is a little over the top, but if he doesn't have the balls to throw fifteen yards down field, i don't want him on my team.

If he is not the best of the back ups then how could he even be close to a comparable starter?

747122[/snapback]

It's not rediculous that he could get cut & it is well past his...ahem....prime but it is rediculous to suggest he is known as the worst back-up in the NFL. That statement is simple stupid. He has been recently considered (nearly)good enough to start....he has recently been looked at as one of the BEST back-ups in the league.

I wish people would pull their heads in. He is declining & never had good physicals to start with. Yes....cut him if he has lost it....but don't make out the guy was always a terrible player. Geez <_<

Edited by Dibs

It's not rediculous that he could get cut & it is well past his...ahem....prime but it is rediculous to suggest he is known as the worst back-up in the NFL.  That statement is simple stupid.  He has been recently considered (nearly)good enough to start....he has recently been looked at as one of the BEST back-ups in the league. 

I wish people would pull their heads in.  He is declining & never had good physicals to start with.  Yes....cut him if he has lost it....but don't make out the guy was always a terrible player.  Geez <_<

747142[/snapback]

There was nothing that was really breath taking about the guy. EVER.

There was nothing that was really breath taking about the guy. EVER.

747144[/snapback]

Agreed, but the original post implied KH had the reputation as the worst 'back-up' in the NFL. That is just plain incorrect. When he was in Clevland & upto this years training camp, many considered he was close to OK starter level. I don't want him starting for us & I won't care if he is cut but slandering the guy just because he is declining is IMO wrong.

Before last season, how many reports did you EVER read saying KH was a terrible backup? None because he was at worst considered an OK backup.

Give the guy a break & let him retire with pride(assuming it goes that way)

Agreed, but the original post implied KH had the reputation as the worst 'back-up' in the NFL.  That is just plain incorrect.  When he was in Clevland & upto this years training camp, many considered he was close to OK starter level.  I don't want him starting for us & I won't care if he is cut but slandering the guy just because he is declining is IMO wrong.

Before last season, how many reports did you EVER read saying KH was a terrible backup?  None because he was at worst considered an OK backup.

Give the guy a break & let him retire with pride(assuming it goes that way)

747149[/snapback]

I would have to agree with this, there are certainly worse back ups (Rob Johnson) around the league. I don't want to see him retire because this is not the way that anybody wants to see an athlete go out.

Holcomb is not going to retire. Where else can he make half a million $ this year?

When the preseason began I felt if Losman & Nall outplayed Holcomb, or if was even close between the 3rd guy & Holcomb, Holcomb would be traded for a mid round pick. Instead, I now think Holcomb will be released -but some team will pick him up-probably a team in need of a #2 that plays an offense that Holcomb is familiar with.

While his lack of arm strength was a known, the unknown going into camp was that the Fairchild offense would be totally baffling to Holcomb. A veteran having this much trouble adjusting to a new offense is totally unacceptable-and the reason Holcomb has basically played his way off the team. Kingsbury will start the season #3, with a possible push from Ochs if he can be ready when the PUP players have to be on the roster or IR. I'm not sure what the rules are for a player injured in Europe, but I'd guess he'll be on PUP when the season starts if he can be ready by November.

Holcomb is known as the worst back-up quaterback in the NFL, and now he is the worst 3rd string quaterback in the NFL. I think he will retire next week after we play the Browns. Tune in!

747092[/snapback]

Mr Sajak, I would like to buy a clue please.

Holcomb is known as the worst back-up quaterback in the NFL, and now he is the worst 3rd string quaterback in the NFL. I think he will retire next week after we play the Browns. Tune in!

747092[/snapback]

By you and the rest of the half-wits you live with in that "special house". <_<

I don't want to see him retire because this is not the way that anybody wants to see an athlete go out.

747154[/snapback]

<_<

How would everyone "want to see an athlete go out"? Career-ending injury? Shot by the Israeli mafia? Massive marijuana overdose?

There's nothing wrong with a player sensing that he doesn't 'have it' anymore and deciding to retire. That's essentially what Jim Kelly did. Holcomb will not be retiring; he still thinks he can play. Based on what I've seen (amount of playing time, performance), Holcomb has lost quite a bit of ground in the perview of Marv and DJ. If he is retained here, you have to think it'll be as the #3, and I don't think his salary combined with such a thing taking away development time from a younger QB is playing in his favor. If he is released, he'll try to sign on with another team.