Thursday, 8/10 Practice Update REQUEST??

TDRupp

Sad.  I know, but I'd love to know how it went for the QB's and Whitner. 

Whitner will almost have to play on Sat. if Wire is hurt.

740493[/snapback]

Wire blows. He's going to be cut. Whitner will eventually get the starting job but i don't think his size enable him to play with tall receivers or tight ends.

Well, according to WGR's intrepid reporter-on-the-scene, the offense keeps getting worse as camp goes on and you may as well either look for another team to root for or something else to do on Sundays, because he can tell before they've even taken a snap against another team that the Bills won't score a point the whole season...

I was at the practice and the offense looks bad. It could be that the defense is that good but Jabari Greer and Mario Haggan had two of the picks. Parrish is really getting the ball a lot and seems to be making the most of it. Everytime he touches the pigskin it looks like he could take it to the house. Whitner was getting plenty of reps, mostly second unit, but was lightning quick. He was white on rice as far as coverage. The QB's did nothing to distinguish themselves. JP and Kelly had a hard time finding open recievers and rarely did the ball travel in the air more than 5 yards without getting picked/knocked down or dropped. It was tough to gauge the running game because it was no tackling. We'll see Saturday I guess.

Parrish is really getting the ball a lot and seems to be making the most of it.  Everytime he touches the pigskin it looks like he could take it to the house. 

740783[/snapback]

I am really excited to see what Roscoe can do on this level. I just hope that one of our QBs can get him and the other receivers the ball.

I also suspect that Roscoe is going to do well on returns.

I was at the practice and the offense looks bad.  It could be that the defense is that good but Jabari Greer and Mario Haggan had two of the picks.  Parrish is really getting the ball a lot and seems to be making the most of it.  Everytime he touches the pigskin it looks like he could take it to the house.  Whitner was getting plenty of reps, mostly second unit, but was lightning quick.  He was white on rice as far as coverage.  The QB's did nothing to distinguish themselves.  JP and Kelly had a hard time finding open recievers and rarely did the ball travel in the air more than 5 yards without getting picked/knocked down or dropped.  It was tough to gauge the running game because it was no tackling.  We'll see Saturday I guess.

740783[/snapback]

Not good news about the QB's but hopefully the D is playing well. We will start seeing in the next few weeks and months for sure.

Thanks for the update!!

Lori took notes last night. WAKE UP Lori the guys are waiting.

I can't tell you about the threee(eee) interceptions and London wearing a new # last night. Lori has the notes. B-):D

They have Whitner listed at 5'11". They are lying to you. Have you seen him in person? I'm 6'2" and this guy is probably coming up to my chin on his tip toes.

740828[/snapback]

So what? Generally they screw with everyone's measurements. I doubt Reed and Polamalu are any different. A. Winfield was about 5'7" tall and he's absolutely a football player. I don't think I've ever seen a better tackler at the cornerback position.

So what?  Generally they screw with everyone's measurements.  I doubt Reed and Polamalu are any different.  A. Winfield was about 5'7" tall and he's absolutely a football player.  I don't think I've ever seen a better tackler at the cornerback position.

740975[/snapback]

You know everybody mentions Winfield's tackling (and it is fantastic) but the guy is a very good cover corner too. I always thought he was just as good, if not better, than Clements (with the exception of Clements one outstanding year two years ago).

You know everybody mentions Winfield's tackling (and it is fantastic) but the guy is a very good cover corner too.  I always thought he was just as good, if not better, than Clements (with the exception of Clements one outstanding year two years ago).

740979[/snapback]

I'd take Winfield over Nate any day. Bill B. used to have Brady throw away from him and to Nate's side all the time.

Well, according to WGR's intrepid reporter-on-the-scene, the offense keeps getting worse as camp goes on and you may as well either look for another team to root for or something else to do on Sundays, because he can tell before they've even taken a snap against another team that the Bills won't score a point the whole season...

740777[/snapback]

Cool, that means I can divert all my attentions to the defense and special teams. I'm so glad WGR is there to do my "thinking" for me.

I'd take Winfield over Nate any day.  Bill B. used to have Brady throw away from him and to Nate's side all the time.

740984[/snapback]

Winfield's only problem was/is his hands of stone. He is a very good CB in so many ways, but can't make the game-turning INTs. Although he overdoes it with the "playmaker" schtick, Nate has shown the ability to make the INTs and take them to the house. It may not be fair, but that ability to change the game is what makes Nate eligible for the big payday.