Should Kiss be in the rock and roll HOF?

USMCBillsFan

Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?

• Yes
    • No

:angry: ...if you want BAM...then Alice Cooper is who influenced KISS...KISS just "joined the act"...they were imitators not innovators...no doubt about that...

738301[/snapback]

David Bowie anyone? Although I doubt KISS would give him the time of day.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If KISS is no better than the Backstreet Boys or Hanson, then they should definitely be in the hall of fame...After all, after visiting the HOF 2 weeks ago, I was a little shocked to see more than one display with outfits for Hanson, Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, 98 Degrees.....

KISS has sold a rediculous amount of albums, and is still just as successful on tour as they were in their prime. Their music speaks for a lot of people in that generation. I think without a doubt that they should be in the HOF.

But, should they be in the Rock Hall?  Absolutely.  The band has shown longevity and sold millions of records, helping to change the face of rock and roll, and pave the way for bands like Twisted Sister.

737551[/snapback]

Wow, there's an accomplishment.

BTW: bands were playing dress-up before Kiss. Like the NY Dolls, Bowie, etc etc etc.

While I'm not debating that other bands like Genesis should be in (which I think they should by the way) I was simply asking if Kiss deserved to be in. You can call them glam, soft rock, not rock at all, disco, whatever but if you look at the numbers of albums sold, tickets sold to their live shows, influences on future bands and live stage shows, etc...then there is no disputing that they should be in. I wasn't asking for a comparison to others who aren't in. You can debate **** like that all day with every hall of fame. <_<

While I'm not debating that other bands like Genesis should be in (which I think they should by the way) I was simply asking if Kiss deserved to be in. You can call them glam, soft rock, not rock at all, disco, whatever but if you look at the numbers of albums sold, tickets sold to their live shows, influences on future bands and live stage shows, etc...then there is no disputing that they should be in. I wasn't asking for a comparison to others who aren't in. You can debate **** like that all day with every hall of fame.  :lol:

738987[/snapback]

Yes they should be. Hopefully both Kiss and Genesis will be inducted soon, perhaps the same year.

From Wikipedia....which we ALL know is 100% accurate.

"In 1976 Gene Simmons saw Van Halen performing at an L.A. club and decided he wanted to record some of the material they were playing. Eventually Simmons flew the band to Electric Lady studios in New York to record a demo. The songs on this demo were "House of Pain" and "Runnin' With the Devil". Ed disliked his playing on the demo because he wasn't using his own equipment and had to overdub guitar parts, which he had never done before. Ultimately Van Halen ended up with a demo tape but no recording contract. As Simmons was getting back with his band Kiss, he decided to forgo any more involvement with the band."

I had always heard that he had something to do with the discovery of VH but it doesn't sound like much actually came out of the encounter.

That's just flat-out retarded.

To even compare Van Halen to KISS or say VH somehow owes their existence to KISS is just nuts.

740068[/snapback]

Wow, tough crowd