National TV show looking for tailgaters

I got the word a big time TV show might be doing a spot on grilling/tailgating at the Ralph this season. So what food do you bring to your tailgate. A unique dish, sandwich, a burger with a secret sauce, a rack-o-ribs with a special rub. What do you drink besides beer? Perhaps a unique shot you made up? Post'em here and I will forward. You never know what could happen.

We all know about Pinto Kenny, anyone else has a unique traditional thing they do before the game???

Rosina's Coil Sausages w/Webbers red relish! Yum!

Sometimes we do venison back straps in my home made sauce too.

Our unique tailgating thinng has always been beer bowling though. We used to get to the main lot around 7AM, and play, cause you need lots of space. We'd get in a big circle (say 20 feet in diameter) and place our beers in front of us. Then you roll a softball and try to knock down someone'e beer. The rules are:

1. Your beer gets knocked down, you have to grab it, pound it, and replace it.

2. No throwing at the persons beer to your immediate left or right.

Good times, but it's a mess if you play with bottles. ; )

I've never been hunting, but some of my buddies like to slay the deer. We are always grilling up the back straps (from what I'm told, they are the filet mignon of the deer.) As simple as marinating them in some Italian dressing overnight on Saturday and grilling them up on Sunday. They are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

As for drinks, typically beers, but last year we got into the 7-and-7's quite a bit. It's always more interesting when you bring whiskey into the equation!!!

(hey hey, he's alive)...

I like pulling into a lot with a big spray painted flourescent sign and being harassed for being from Ohio :lol:

No traditions, but I might be trying to start some this year - got a nice grill/smoker that'll be making the trip.

I smoke ribs for 5 hours on Saturday and throw them on the grill at the tailgate. We also bring the turkey fryer and do wings with anchor bar sauce. We also do steak sandwiches on 'weck rolls. We have dual grills in addition to the fryer. No fancy drinks. I have pictures I can send or post, but do not have access to them on this computer. I'll try to post them later. I do have one small picture of our tailgate if you click on my screen name.

Hey, Hammer, are you talking about Steve Sabol and crew from NFL Films? Kenny was saying they might be out because the home opener will be his 200th straight game...just wondering if that's the folks you're referring to...

Hey, Hammer, are you talking about Steve Sabol and crew from NFL Films?  Kenny was saying they might be out because the home opener will be his 200th straight game...just wondering if that's the folks you're referring to...

736077[/snapback]

No.

I will be forwarding this thread August 14 2006.

Something off the Food Network? Bobby Flay, maybe? (Though I would prefer Giada De Laurentis. She really makes gets me going.)

Mmmmmm...Giada.

736087[/snapback]

That's my guess...Bobby Flay did a tailgating special from a Browns game four or five years ago.

As for Giada, you should be so lucky. :doh:

Mike

I got the word a big time TV show might be doing a spot on grilling/tailgating at the Ralph this season. So what food do you bring to your tailgate. A unique dish, sandwich, a burger with a secret sauce, a rack-o-ribs with a special rub. What do you drink besides beer? Perhaps a unique shot you made up? Post'em here and I will forward. You never know what could happen.

We all know about Pinto Kenny, anyone else has a unique traditional thing they do before the game???

735019[/snapback]

ummm, kangaroo anyone?

735019[/snapback]

Anyone else.