Marv's Tenure

Scraps

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but our scouts have a better idea for what is a reach in our system than we did, and we all know that Whitner is a great football player.

734867[/snapback]

The players we had on the roster at the end of last season were not scouted to fit in this season. Most of those players are still on this team.

I don't blame Levy for the holdout at all. First off, GM's don't draw up contracts, and secondly, holdouts are mostly caused by agents.

Cop out! GMs should be cognizant and approve of what is being offered. From what has been reported, the Bills seem to be lowballing.

As far as Moulds or Adams, it was clearly time for them to go. Moulds is on the decline, and Adams lacks character

I find it funny that people will diss Mularkey for being a bad coach with a bone headed scheme but then criticize the players who voiced their opinions on the bone headed schemes even when the team went on to play worse without those very players.

The players we had on the roster at the end of last season were not scouted to fit in this season.  Most of those players are still on this team.

Cop out!  GMs should be cognizant and approve of what is being offered.  From what has been reported, the Bills seem to be lowballing.

I find it funny that people will diss Mularkey for being a bad coach with a bone headed scheme but then criticize the players who voiced their opinions on the bone headed schemes even when the team went on to play worse without those very players.

734884[/snapback]

So you are for getting rid of everybody and starting fresh?

I don't care if they are lowballing or not- dont even tell me, cause I don't care. Just tell me when to flip the game on.

I never called Mularkey a bad coach, thats a bunch of Mularkey (sorry, had to! <_< )

Extending someone who is already under contract is hardly a stroke of genius.

734840[/snapback]

It is, when your OL coach thinks the guy has trhe potential to be a perennial pro-bowler. But, then again maybe your judgement is better than McNally's.

Dammit, someone needs to keep me up to date on these things. Here i am, truck full of tar, halfway to columbus and whitner's/his agents house, and NOW someone decides we're going after marv?

I have the feathers. I was halfway to Boston....thought we were taking on Brewski...or was it Mike Williams? No, thats Tampa <_< I'm confused. I'll turn around and head back to Gotham. Who are we going after again? Rosenhause? Donahoe?

It is, when your OL coach thinks the guy has trhe potential to be a perennial pro-bowler.  But, then again maybe your judgement is better than McNally's.

734896[/snapback]

So following the advice of your OL coach is now considered a stroke of genius? <_<

And where did I criticize McNally or Peters for that matter?

Yeah, that Peters extension SUCKED!  <_<

734822[/snapback]

In all fairness to the hated Tom Donahoe, the Bills had been negotiating with Peters agent since last fall on that extension, it's not like Marv came in and identified Peters as a good player.

You do realize you're wasting time trying to be rational with Scraps, right?

734899[/snapback]

You do realize the GG is, unsurprisingly, trying to put words into my mouth, don't you? Where did I criticize McNally or Peters? Or is your schtick nothing but getting the right wing back slapping circle jerk society into action?

One thing about Marv which I thought you were alluding to, Scraps, by the title of your post ("Tenure") is that Marv has a whole buttload of goodwill currency to spend in Buffalo. This means that, at this point, you are going to see a lot of people be pretty patient and "hear him out" for a while based upon his track record, and how much pretty much all of us love the guy.

So just to warn you, your criticism won't resonate until after about 20 games of losing football... hopefully we never see that mark...

So pretty much what you're doing right now, Scraps, is pissing into the wind. Or taking a dump in the space station. Take your pick, but rest assured, it's a mess.

Why does everyone blame Marv for not having Whitner in camp right now? HE DOESN"T DO THE MONEY NEGOTIATIONS PART, that belongs to some one else.

I don't know, I think I'll wait to judge Marv until the actually play a game, but seeing how people gave up on JP so quickly, no wonder they will turn on Marv quickly too.

As for the schems/system being installed and the players, We didn't do that great with the old ones, why not try something new. They got rid of the dead weight and guys that won't work in this system, and brought in guys that will. Or is this because you can't wear your Adams/Moulds jersey anymore or the store won't give you a refund on your Bentley or Hutch Bills jersey?

Why does everyone blame Marv for not having Whitner in camp right now? HE DOESN"T DO THE MONEY NEGOTIATIONS PART, that belongs to some one else.

734920[/snapback]

Yes indeed. As was practically said when he was hired, Marv is nothing but a figurehead. He had a lot to do with the hiring of DJ, but that's about it... most everything else he's just rubber-stamping someone else's work & interfacing with Ralph.

One thing about Marv which I thought you were alluding to, Scraps, by the title of your post ("Tenure") is that Marv has a whole buttload of goodwill currency to spend in Buffalo.  This means that, at this point, you are going to see a lot of people be pretty patient and "hear him out" for a while based upon his track record, and how much pretty much all of us love the guy.

So just to warn you, your criticism won't resonate until after about 20 games of losing football... hopefully we never see that mark...

So pretty much what you're doing right now, Scraps, is pissing into the wind.  Or taking a dump in the space station.  Take your pick, but rest assured, it's a mess.

734918[/snapback]

I can't argue with anything you said.

I was skeptical about Marv when he was hired and have said so at times during the off season. I am giving him a chance but from what I've seen, he has pulled several major gaffs while taking the right course of action in some rather minor obvious matters. I thought some of the bloom might have come off that rose by now, with his guy being unsigned for so long, but the excuse fest just ramped up.

You do realize the GG is, unsurprisingly, trying to put words into my mouth, don't you?  Where did I criticize McNally or Peters?  Or is your schtick nothing but getting the right wing back slapping circle jerk society into action?

734913[/snapback]

You mean as opposed to starting a thread about a topic that has already been discussed into the ground just because you have some insolent need to be bashed? Originality has never been your strong point.

WOW. Normally I just laugh aloud at the moronic posts whenever they do come up, but this one takes the cake, so I had to respond. How are you questioning Marv at this stage in the game after the moves he's made? The two guys he's gotten rid of that you reference (Moulds and Adams) were cancerous! They had run their course! They didn't want to be on the team!? How much simpler do those moves get? They DID NOT want to play on the team. Do you want to keep them regardless?

He picked Whitner because that was the guy they wanted. Period. They got the guy they wanted, and they got the best D Lineman avail at 22. What's wrong with that? Who cares if they reached. They got the guy they wanted. They had a startegy and they adhered to it. Besides, Baltimore wanted him at 12, and St. Louis wanted Whitner at 15. They've publically said so.

Whitner will sign. I think it's bad on both parts for him to not be in camp at this point b/c 1st round money is slotted, so there's not much room for negotiations. So that point, I give you, but it takes two to tango and Marv's stickin to his guns...give him some credit for playing hard ball, while realizing that he doesn't negotiate contracts...Overdorf does it.

I'm just curious on how you question Marv after 60 yrs of experience. Did he become inept over night? Doubt it. Same thing I tell people here in Chicago when they tease me for having Jauron as our coach. They guy won coach of the year one year in 2001 as the Bears coach. Did he become a bad coach over night and forget how to coach after he won that award? Doubt that too....

Have faith in the system. Marv wants to win as bad as we do. Fact is, he's having to clean up a lot of dog sh_t left behind by the inept former regime. All beginning with the horrific move to let Rusty Jones come here to Chicago. Spelled the beginning of the end for Mularkey, and friends.

Go Bills!