Afinogenov Avoids Arbitration

Alaska Darin

Year 1: $3.0

Year 2: $3.5

Year 3: $3.5

That my friends is a steal of a deal. Max would have received at or just under $4.0 in arbitration. I've been saying for the last few weeks but I fully expect the Sabres to flat out dominate the NHL this coming season. I don't see anyone hanging with them.

BTW: How dare the Sabres make more good news during Bills training camp!

Max would have received at or just under $4.0 in arbitration.

733295[/snapback]

With some of the deals that the arbitrator seems to just be randomly handing out, he might have gotten even more. Great deal for the Sabres...lets see if they keep him now or if this is the first step of a sign and trade.

Year 1: $3.0

Year 2: $3.5

Year 3: $3.5

That my friends is a steal of a deal. Max would have received at or just under $4.0 in arbitration. I've been saying for the last few weeks but I fully expect the Sabres to flat out dominate the NHL this coming season. I don't see anyone hanging with them.

BTW: How dare the Sabres make more good news during Bills training camp!

733295[/snapback]

The only thing I can make out of this would be that Max really wants to be here.

Sniff ~ Sniff ~ the world is a little nicer today.

The only thing I can make out of this would be that Max really wants to be here.

Sniff ~ Sniff ~ the world is a little nicer today.

733468[/snapback]

I think so. Max is a VERY shy individual and I think he likes being comfortable. That might have had a lot to do with it.

I haven't yet seen where the Sab's have accepted the arbitration award Briere got.  Any updates on that?

733512[/snapback]

They have 48 hours after the last arbitration, which is coming up soon. Regier has implied they are going to pay it and hope to keep him. A few hockey writers have said the Sabres are going to pay it. They could trade him after but I believe they are going to pay him and try to negotiate a long term deal when they first can, which is January.

They have 48 hours after the last arbitration, which is coming up soon. Regier has implied they are going to pay it and hope to keep him. A few hockey writers have said the Sabres are going to pay it. They could trade him after but I believe they are going to pay him and try to negotiate a long term deal when they first can, which is January.

733517[/snapback]

Any truth to the rumors we could still trade max? Max is more attractive in a trade with a 3 year contract than the 1 year arbitration deal. Also, with these signings, i wonder what the sabres have in store for dumont. They havent extended him, and his arbitration is this week.

Any truth to the rumors we could still trade max? Max is more attractive in a trade with a 3 year contract than the 1 year arbitration deal. Also, with these signings, i wonder what the sabres have in store for dumont. They havent extended him, and his arbitration is this week.

733555[/snapback]

We should find out today what the arbitrator sez JP is worth.

I am thinking he may be worth a backup goalie and a 4th rounder.