heading to boston

sweetbaboo

I'm moving to Concord, New Hampshire on the 10th for work but won't be able to move into my new place until the 13th, so I will bum around Boston and sleep on my friend's couch until then...

anyhoo, back story aside, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good seafood restaurants in boston that are local inexpensive joints that locals would frequent. I'm not interested in any touristy locations like Legal Seafoods.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm moving to Concord, New Hampshire on the 10th for work but won't be able to move into my new place until the 13th, so I will bum around Boston and sleep on my friend's couch until then...

anyhoo, back story aside, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good seafood restaurants in boston that are local inexpensive joints that locals would frequent. I'm not interested in any touristy locations like Legal Seafoods.

Thanks!

732511[/snapback]

I always liked Redbone's BBQ in Davis square.

http://www.redbones.com/directions.html

thanks for all the recs...i may check them all out as i've got nothing else to do and don't really want to burden my friend to take me around town

anyone hear of the BC diner? or something like that...saw it on the travel channel or something. they've got some ridiculously large burger that they'll name after you if you can finish it...might try it before my metabolism goes into hibernation

Not necessarily for seafood, but if ya get really thirsty and/or crave a good burger or steak tips, a genuine classic that I fell upon years back when I lived just up the street...

Red Hat

Don't know why they refer to it as a "cafe" on that site - it's a freakin' bar! (Downstairs is best.)

For great seafood with an Italian flair..

Daily Catch

The Hanover Street location (in the North End) is the original.

I could be mistaken, but wasn't a hospital resatuarant voted the best restaurant in Boston at one point?

I tried to vind verification via Google, but was unsuccessful in doing so.

Can anyone corroborate this?

732825[/snapback]

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I've heard from a few people that the MGH cafeteria is supposed to be great. People stop in if they just happen to be in the area, yet for some reason, I've never been there even though I work for MGH.

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I've heard from a few people that the MGH cafeteria is supposed to be great.  People stop in if they just happen to be in the area, yet for some reason, I've never been there even though I work for MGH.

732830[/snapback]

It could be. I remember hearing something about this on the radio and was just curious if it was true.

Thanks!

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but I've heard from a few people that the MGH cafeteria is supposed to be great.  People stop in if they just happen to be in the area, yet for some reason, I've never been there even though I work for MGH.

732830[/snapback]

Also have never eaten there - even though it's only a 'stone's throw' from the Red Hat - but what the heck could MGH possibly know about fine dining???

Aren't they the schmucks that tore down Buzzy's Roast Beef?

Buzzy's

Thanks!

732511[/snapback]

No name, and The union oyster house...Across from anthonies pier 4 was a place called charlies, casual and good....

In concord is tijiajuans, built in a early 20th century jail with actual cells decorated with a mexican motife(sp?) good margaritas and food...

North of you exit28 heading towards waterville valley is the mad river tavern, a house/restaraunt with a hunter lodge themed bar, good food and private dining,situated on the river which is crystal clear and strewn with boulders and trout...Bievenue to Newhampshire.......Also in seabrook n.h is browns and marky's lobster and seafood, longtime establishments, supplied by local commercial fishermen, overlooking the black water tidal river , when you look over the deck you will see schoolie stripers on a feeding frenzy from the bits of food people toss over the side...

The post obove this one, about buzzys, man I used to grab a roastbeef sandwich there once a week...That was a great little joint..

No name, and The union oyster house...Across from anthonies pier 4 was a place called charlies, casual and good....

In concord is tijiajuans, built in a early 20th century jail with actual cells decorated with a mexican motife(sp?) good margaritas and food...

North of you exit28 heading towards waterville valley is the mad river tavern, a  house/restaraunt with a hunter lodge themed bar, good food and private dining,situated on the river which is crystal clear and strewn with boulders and trout...Bievenue to Newhampshire

732915[/snapback]

Link?

:D

The post obove this one, about buzzys, man I used to grab a roastbeef sandwich there once a week...That was a great little joint..

732915[/snapback]

Yep...they had a mean knish, too! After the bars closed, it was a "must-stop" on the way home from Quincy Market or Kenmore Square!