Federal judge rules NFL patdowns unconstitutional

Good, hopefully that gets all the NFL stadiums to quit it. Some of the security pat down people are complete !@#$s. One wouldn't let me bring my small camera case in. :angry:

But then another person did. ;)

The solution....let the pat downs keep happening, but hire the Buffalo Jills to do it. <_<

Good, hopefully that gets all the NFL stadiums to quit it.  Some of the security pat down people are complete !@#$s.  One wouldn't let me bring my small camera case in.  :angry:

But then another person did. ;)

The solution....let the pat downs keep happening, but hire the Buffalo Jills to do it.  <_<

731931[/snapback]

I second this motion.

The pat downs at the Ralph are a complete joke anyways. One game last year was some woman having a great time at the gate laughing about getting to feel every man going through.

Meanwhile I'm shouting at them because the game is started and I'm stuck at the gate watching this dog and pony show <_<

And to the smart asses sure to comment, yes I guess the best thing to do is head in earlier :angry:

The pat downs at the Ralph are a complete joke anyways. One game last year was some woman having a great time at the gate laughing about getting to feel every man going through.

Meanwhile I'm shouting at them because the game is started and I'm stuck at the gate watching this dog and pony show  <_<

And to the smart asses sure to comment, yes I guess the best thing to do is head in earlier  :angry:

731989[/snapback]

I'll second that..the only thing the pat downs do is to make me shut the grill down before I want to because it takes a freakin half hour to get through the gates. Especially in Buffalo when you're wearing 4 layers of clothes. I could hide an RPG under my coat and you couldn't tell.

I was told that I could not bring a clear backpack into the stadium because I could hide a bomb in the straps. However, my 16 inch x 16 inch 2 inch wide non-clear seat cushion was not a problem <_<:angry:

I was told that I could not bring a clear backpack into the stadium because I could hide a bomb in the straps.  However, my 16 inch x 16 inch 2 inch wide non-clear seat cushion was not a problem <_<:angry:

732018[/snapback]

But you are using logic and common sense to counter a lack of logic and common sense. You'll never win.

They tried to do them last year in Cincinnati, but the stadium is owned by the County, who didn't want to get into a civil rights issue, so they told the NFL to go fly a kite.

It seems pretty obvious that the NFL is just trying to cover their fannies in case something happened.

I was told that I could not bring a clear backpack into the stadium because I could hide a bomb in the straps.  However, my 16 inch x 16 inch 2 inch wide non-clear seat cushion was not a problem :D;)

732018[/snapback]

There are some stupid rules on the books at the Ralph. Plenty of them in fact.

If I'm not mistaken one them reads something along the lines of you are allowed to bring binoculars to the game.

But you are not allowed to bring in the case or lens caps or something to that effect. Just some really stupid rules.

in today's world, if you can't handle a quick pat-down, the problem is You. Granted, it sucks that it has come to this, but do we have to wait until there IS a bomb at a major sporting event before we realize that it's probably a good idea to do some kind of baseline checking? A technological solution would be better but until that's a reality, go ahead and pat me down.

Yeas, but Brandon the key word is quick.

Getting through the gates at 12:30 is like approaching the Holland Tunnel on a Saturday at noon when six lanes of bumper to bumper become two. The result is a parking lot.

As it has been mentioned you are at the mercy of the gatekeepers whims and inconsistent rule enforcement.

in today's world, if you can't handle a quick pat-down, the problem is You. Granted, it sucks that it has come to this, but do we have to wait until there IS a bomb at a major sporting event before we realize that it's probably a good idea to do some kind of baseline checking? A technological solution would be better but until that's a reality, go ahead and pat me down.

732468[/snapback]

Good, hopefully that gets all the NFL stadiums to quit it.  Some of the security pat down people are complete !@#$s.  One wouldn't let me bring my small camera case in.  ;)

But then another person did. :D

The solution....let the pat downs keep happening, but hire the Buffalo Jills to do it.  :D

731931[/snapback]

Either the Jills or the largest consumate of lesbians ever assembled.

Damn, I was in those pat downs in Tampa. That 5 seconds, really inconvenienced me.  :D

732492[/snapback]

It's not about inconvenience, it's about civil rights. We have these laws on the books for a reason.

Those who are willing to give those rights up "because we might be blown up by a terrorist" don't understand what America is about. Give in, and they win. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that a 5 second patdown isn't stopping ANYBODY from doing ANYTHING.

In addition, and I've brought this up before, what's the difference between the terrorist bringing the bomb into a stadium and exploding it, or the terrorist being in the middle of the patdown line with thousands of people around and detonating it there? Same result - several deaths, lots of injuries, and mass panic. It's not like someone is going to be able to take the entire stadium down with a single explosive.

Also, if you take 5 seconds and multiply it by 73,000 fans, that's 365,000 seconds -- or 6083 minutes. Even with multiple gates, that takes awhile.

CW

Damn, I was in those pat downs in Tampa. That 5 seconds, really inconvenienced me.  :D

732492[/snapback]

If it always took 5 seconds, no one would really be complaining. It would be the same as security at any event.