Let the games begin

major

I'm looking forward to this season. I know we probably won't be going to the Super Bowl this year, but it will be fun to see this team grow. I will hate it if and when we lose games this season, but I think Marv and Dick are building a team that is going to be fun to watch over the next few years.

I guess you could say I'm optimistic.

According to the posters here, the term for you would be "Homer" or 'Dreamer". Around here optimistic means you think the Bills will win 2-3 games at most. You are to busy drinking the kool-aid the organisation is feeding everybody, this team sucks.

I on the other hand, welcome you to the side that believe this team will actually be competitive and show lots of improvement and maybe even make a run for the playoffs, but we usually get pushed to the back corners of this board and told we don't know what we are talking about

According to the posters here, the term for you would be "Homer" or 'Dreamer". Around here optimistic means you think the Bills will win 2-3 games at most. You are to busy drinking the kool-aid the organisation is feeding everybody, this team sucks.

I on the other hand, welcome you to the side that believe this team will actually be competitive and show lots of improvement and maybe even make a run for the playoffs, but we usually get pushed to the back corners of this board and told we don't know what we are talking about

723452[/snapback]

Buffalo has a shot. if we have a coach this year we could actully be tough to beat. playoffs probley not but 7-9 8-8 very possible

723452[/snapback]

I have a copyright on "Homer", find something else to call them or pay up. :)

723452[/snapback]

you forgot something. we who think the team can win 7-8 games are wearing rose-colored glasses and are crazy. Those who pick the bills to win 2 games are being "realists" :)

you forgot something. we who think the team can win 7-8 games are wearing rose-colored glasses and are crazy. Those who pick the bills to win 2 games are being "realists"  :)

724145[/snapback]

"Waaaaah someone called me a name!"

If I had a !@#$ing nickel for every time I've been called a negative nancy or somesuch, I'd be filthy rich.

723452[/snapback]

You really don't know what you're talking about, you know that? :)

Put me in the cautiously optimistic camp. I have no basis for my beliefs, but I prefer it to doom and gloom.

"Waaaaah someone called me a name!"

If I had a !@#$ing nickel for every time I've been called a negative nancy or somesuch, I'd be filthy rich.

724147[/snapback]

if TSW had a nickel for everytime you bitched about something, the entire board could retire and have enough leftover to buy our own island in the carribean to watch the bills from.

if TSW had a nickel for everytime you bitched about something, the entire board could retire and have enough leftover to buy our own island in the carribean to watch the bills from.

724158[/snapback]

Witty, witty reparte. I'll tell you what, Ramius, I'll try to be more of a polyanna if you choose to embrace your inner nancy. How's that sound?

Witty, witty reparte. I'll tell you what, Ramius, I'll try to be more of a polyanna if you choose to embrace your inner nancy. How's that sound?

724161[/snapback]

great logic there. i think the bills will do decent this season, so now thats an "inner nancy"

if you think the bills will go 0-16 and have a reasonable explanation, fine, but thats obviously proven to be too much thought and effort for you. its much easier to be a whiny little B word and go...

waaah the bills suck!

waaah jp sucks!

waaah willis didnt show for camp!

waaah the sabres suck!

waaah ryan miller sucks!

great logic there. i think the bills will do decent this season, so now thats  an "inner nancy"

if you think the bills will go 0-16 and have a reasonable explanation, fine, but thats obviously proven to be too much thought and effort for you. its much easier to be a whiny little B word and go...

waaah the bills suck!

waaah jp sucks!

waaah willis didnt show for camp!

waaah the sabres suck!

waaah ryan miller sucks!

724174[/snapback]

I didn't say 0-16. I said 6-10.

1) The Bills did suck, or did you miss all of last year?

2) I'm a JP backer

3) Who cares?

4) They didn't suck. They broke my heart, but didn't suck.

5) His ability to stop shots from the point left me scratching my head after seeing him make some nigh-impossible saves up close.

It's so easy to boil people's actual opinions into soundbytes.

Let me try:

YAY! Marv can walk on water!

YAY! We're going 16-0 this year!

YAY! Ralph is the greatest owner ever!

YAY! Ryan Millert can do no wrong!

See how that works?

I didn't say 0-16. I said 6-10.

1) The Bills did suck, or did you miss all of last year?

2) I'm a JP backer

3) Who cares?

4) They didn't suck. They broke my heart, but didn't suck.

5) His ability to stop shots from the point left me scratching my head after seeing him make some nigh-impossible saves up close.

It's so easy to boil people's actual opinions into soundbytes.

Let me try:

YAY! Marv can walk on water!

YAY! We're going 16-0 this year!

YAY! Ralph is the greatest owner ever!

YAY! Ryan Millert can do no wrong!

See how that works?

724179[/snapback]

ok, i wont call your 6-10 prediction whining if you dont call my 7-9 prediction a polyanna :)

1) Marv cannot walk on water. but i am willing to give him a season or 2 before i string up the noose. the moves he made were with a plan in mind.

2) 7-9, 8-8 if the team really starts to play good.

3) ralph is a good owner. he's not God, he's not the greatest owner, but hes better than some palsy's that are running nfl teams

4) miller is a good going on great goaltender. he has trouble stopping point shots after they have been deflected 1 or 2 times. notice that point shot deflections were the only way he was scored on in the playoffs? thats a testament to how GOOD he is, not ow BAD he is.