Nice Trade Patsies.....

Here is my predicition. Sullivan serves no time and starts for the Pats this season.

716638[/snapback]

Do you really think he should serve time for being convicted of the charges? The report said Sullivan was charged with a seatbelt violation, running the stop signs, playing loud music and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

Unless the guy has a previous record there's no way he should serve any time for any of that.

The national press will make it out to be that Belichick is a genious, that he wanted someone who's "on the edge" in order to spark his d-line. Any other team in the NFL would get ridiculed and laughed at, but hey, its NE.

That being said, less than an ounce of pot, no big deal.

RTB

Do you really think he should serve time for being convicted of the charges? The report said Sullivan was charged with a seatbelt violation, running the stop signs, playing loud music and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

Unless the guy has a previous record there's no way he should serve any time for any of that.

716643[/snapback]

No, of course not. I was simply downplaying the speculation that this was somehow a bad trade for the Pats.

Sullivan has a lot of talent. Whether or not he taps into that is another question, but I have a feeling that he is going to be a very good palyer for them next year.

Maybe he has glaucoma and the onc of Marijuana was to help with the glaucoma, thats why he didn't see the stop signs and didn't see he never put his seat belt on, and he is hard of hearing so thats why the music was loud

See, there is a logical explanation for this, He's a NE player, not a Dolphin, there is no way BB would allow a criminal on his team

No, of course not. I was simply downplaying the speculation that this was somehow a bad trade for the Pats.

Sullivan has a lot of talent. Whether or not he taps into that is another question, but I have a feeling that he is going to be a very good palyer for them next year.

Sullivan is a bust. The Patriots haven't gotten any "turd" like him to perform, most recently David Terrell, who was going to be reunited with his college QB, the great Tom Brady, and become the threat he was in college.

Sullivan will be cut sooner rather than later, and the Patriots will be regretting trading one of the few WR's who knew their system.

Way to go!

BB must be thrilled about trading for this criminal!  :lol:  :P

You're late.

Sullivan will be cut sooner rather than later, and the Patriots will be regretting trading one of the few WR's who knew their system.

Beetle knew the Pats' system? His 10 catches a year indicate otherwise. J.J. Friggin' Stokes managed 15 in less than half a year in 2003, and he was brought in off the street.

Bottom line, Johnson was a bust who was probably going to be cut, and Sullivan was a bust as well. It was a swap of two busts to see if a change of scenery would help. To paint this as a bad trade for the Pats because Johnson was some kind of asset is beneath even you, MDB.

They should trade him to Denver.....I think they decriminalized the possession of pot up to a certain amt.

You're late.

Beetle knew the Pats' system?  His 10 catches a year indicate otherwise.  J.J. Friggin' Stokes managed 15 in less than half a year in 2003, and he was brought in off the street.

Don't forget the 850+ return yards a year HD, not to mention 7 ST's tackles last year alone. I mean, ST's DO count for something with the Patriots, right?

Bottom line, Johnson was a bust who was probably going to be cut, and Sullivan was a bust as well.  It was a swap of two busts to see if a change of scenery would help.  To paint this as a bad trade for the Pats because Johnson was some kind of asset is beneath even you, MDB.

There was a far greater likelihood that BJ would have made the Patriot's roster than Sullivan would have. This latest legal stuff is just the tip of the iceberg with this guy. Hell he's not even as good as Mike Williams. Whereas BJ at least is worth something based on ST's alone, if not making the occasional nice grab (like in the playoffs).

Don't forget the 850+ return yards a year HD, not to mention 7 ST's tackles last year alone.  I mean, ST's DO count for something with the Patriots, right?

Let me remind you of your words:

...one of the few WR's who knew their system.

Anyway, Bethel was a terrific returner in '03, but his numbers dropped precipitously thereafter (from 28 YPR in '03 all the way down to 22 YPR in '05). As for ST tackles, I don't think that's generally what you're looking for from a 2nd round WR.

Bottom line, he was a bust who likely would've been cut, and the Pats got a former 1st rounder for him. If Sullivan busts, the Pats don't lose - they're simply back to even.

There was a far greater likelihood that BJ would have made the Patriot's roster than Sullivan would have.  This latest legal stuff is just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.  Hell he's not even as good as Mike Williams.  Whereas BJ at least is worth something based on ST's alone, if not making the occasional nice grab (like in the playoffs).

In any event, it's moot, because Bethel DIDN'T make the roster (he was traded), while Sullivan still stands a chance to.

Semantics. Sullivan has the chance to make the roster, but I'm betting he won't. And Johnson knows the Patriots' system and is a good ST's player, whereas guys like Jackson and Caldwell are wholly inexperienced in the Patriots' system, even though they'll surely make the roster (who else is there?).

Semantics.  Sullivan has the chance to make the roster, but I'm betting he won't.

Sullivan is on the roster. Johnson is not. Edge Sullivan.

And Johnson knows the Patriots' system and is a good ST's player

Johnson has produced 30 catches in three years in the Patriots' system, and his YPR average last year was dismal.

He was simply not a productive player in the system.

whereas guys like Jackson and Caldwell are wholly inexperienced in the Patriots' system, even though they'll surely make the roster (who else is there?).

Brown.

Anyway, I'll take guys who may produce in the system (Jackson, Caldwell) over someone like Bethel who's proven he can't.

Here is my predicition. Sullivan serves no time and starts for the Pats this season.

716638[/snapback]

...and ends up as a pro-bowl starter.

Damn those wascally Patwiots.

716643[/snapback]

He should be suspended and pissed on for the music alone. I !@#$in hate the hip hop aholes and their systems

There was a rumor floated on Sirius NFL radio that Jim Haslett fined Sullivan 75 times for being late to team meetings in his rookie season. 75 TIMES!! That is one huge problem child Pioli and Bilichick just latched on to!