Most Over-rated Football Play

What's the most over-rated Offensive football play?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most over-rated Offensive football play?

• End Around
    • Screen Pass
    • Draw
    • Sweep
    • Bootleg
    • Play Action Pass
    • Spike
    • Flea Flicker
    • QB Sneak
    • Kneel Down
    • Hail Mary
    • Statue of Liberty
    • Halfback Option
    • Mickey Mouse fake end-around bull sh-- reverse !@#$tard halfback option screen pass

If it's from the 4 yard line that's my vote.  Also the most over used play.  Once in the history of the NFL was too much. :pirate:  fuggin meathead  :huh:

715345[/snapback]

But what if it goes to Shelton! No one would EVER expect that play to go to Shelton! It never goes to Shelton! It's brilliant!

Oh, the things I won't miss about the Donahoe era...

The most underrated play, BTW, was the Butch Rolle short-yardage touchdown play. How come no one ever defended that?

The 2-step-drop quick throw out to the WR who is then taken down for a 2-yard loss. Bledsoe and Moulds had that one down to a science.

It's a very overrated play...I mean, how many times do you really want to put yourself in 2nd and 12? A couple of times a game is good to keep the defense honest, but after a while, it's just predictable.

The 2-step-drop quick throw out to the WR who is then taken down for a 2-yard loss.  Bledsoe and Moulds had that one down to a science.

It's a very overrated play...I mean, how many times do you really want to put yourself in 2nd and 12?  A couple of times a game is good to keep the defense honest, but after a while, it's just predictable.

715997[/snapback]

I believe you call it a Bubble Screen... And yeah it sucks in the NFL. In other, slower leagues it is a great play when thrown to the twins side.

The 2-step-drop quick throw out to the WR who is then taken down for a 2-yard loss.  Bledsoe and Moulds had that one down to a science.

It's a very overrated play...I mean, how many times do you really want to put yourself in 2nd and 12?  A couple of times a game is good to keep the defense honest, but after a while, it's just predictable.

715997[/snapback]

When run with twins, or when run when the DB is 10 yards off the LOS, its a great play to pick up at least 5 yards guaranteed. The problem is meathead tended ot run it when the DB was right up on our WR. :pirate:

I prefer one not on the list: the vaunted "fake spike to stop the clock" which worked exactly twice in my memory, and the first one was the best: Marino against the Jets. We actually pulled it off once with a fake spike from Bledsoe followed by a swing pass to McGahee who took it in for six.

Are you talking about the play where the WR doesn't run at all, he just stands in one place to receive the pass? Then of course the defense tackles him immediately. That's the play I feel is most overrated.

I like the other kind of screen pass though; the one that's not as close to the sideline, that takes a little longer to develop, and that involves having some blockers out in front of the guy receiving the screen.