All hail King George W!

9/11 happened, and this policy was formulated, which resulted in a complete change of the policy towards Iraq. 

Note that it also resulted in a change of policy towards Iran, Syria, Libya, and North Korea...none of which anyone pays attention to.  If people would, then how the administration formulates policy would be much clearer...which is the real argument here.  Changing our foreign policy after 9/11 was not being weaselly...far from it, it was as logical a step as Roosevelt abandoning the trappings of his faux-isolationist policy after Pearl Harbor.  The drastic change of policy across extraordinary events isn't inconsistent...it's natural, even necessary. 

This administration, however, has never been one to support Constitutional protections or separation of powers, before or after 9/11, except when such Constitutional powers suited it.  On that single matter alone - failing to uphold his oath of office to defend the Constitution - I would have voted against Bush in 2004...except that Kerry's record on Constitutional matters was actually worse.

715542[/snapback]

Powell and rice say saddam is controllable and has basically nothing. A few months later the whole administration say's saddam has nuclear ect. ect. That's complete opposite of what they said in feb and july, That's an exspensive pair of flipflop's.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is not a king or dictator, Just a poop-mouf!!!! Ahhhhyahgyahgyahgyahg!!!!! That was my best Arnold imitation of a laugh typed out. For real though, have you guys seen this video?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...&q=loose+change

It's got alot of interesting info in there. Alot of overwhelming evidence I would say. If you have an hour to sit back and watch it, I reccomend you do so.

Bush is not a king or dictator, Just a poop-mouf!!!! Ahhhhyahgyahgyahgyahg!!!!! That was my best Arnold imitation of a laugh typed out. For real though, have you guys seen this video?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...&q=loose+change

It's got alot of interesting info in there. Alot of overwhelming evidence I would say. If you have an hour to sit back and watch it, I reccomend you do so.

715768[/snapback]

Not this bull sh-- again.

I lived next to the Pentagon. On 9/11 I saw the plane outside my bedroom window. It was NOT a cruise missile. ;)

Powell and rice say saddam is controllable and has basically nothing. A few months later the whole administration say's saddam has nuclear ect. ect. That's complete opposite of what they said in feb and july, That's an exspensive pair of flipflop's.

715732[/snapback]

Condi's statement is nonsense as evidence; there's no clear context vis-a-vis WMDs or conventional weapons (personally...I think she was referring to conventional forces. Had it been a statement referring to WMD capability, she would have used just that word "capability". She didn't. It may seem like a very thin justification...but if you look at all the statements made on the subject, the administration is at least reasonably consistent in its verbage.)

Powell's is...interesting. It also goes against everyone's conventional wisdom at the time. I refer you to Wacka's bull sh-- post several days previous in which he unoriginally quoted a slew of Democrats - more importantly, a pretty representative sample of not just Democrats, but elected officials in general - contradicting Powell. Which doesn't make Powell's statement any less interesting...it just demonstrates how much people dishonestly pick and choose their supporting statements in this debate.

Man, check this one out.. Powell and rice in feb-july 2001 telling the world that saddam is controllable and has no wmd's ..So they were for saddam before they were against saddam :pirate:

http://thememoryhole.org/war/powell-rice-wmd.wmv

715187[/snapback]

For a depressing thread, music is in order, it ain't dixie chicks, this one rocks.

http://www.bayofpigs.com/mp3/bopwarpigs.mp3

At Dubya's rate, he could change, nullify and/or ignore almost 300 more laws in his remaining two years.  You don't care, but I do.

715031[/snapback]

Says the guy who once said he looked forward to the end of the world and would be drinking PBR's while he watched.

:pirate:

Says the guy who once said he looked forward to the end of the world and would be drinking PBR's while he watched.

:pirate:

716007[/snapback]

:huh:

QUIET, YOU SYCOPHANT!!

Anyhoo...back on topic...

You all know how much I LOVE when people compare an American president to a dictator. It's likely most people here have no family experience with dictatorship and its evils.

I'll say this again: When the trains start pulling into the station to haul people off to work camps or gas chambers, give me a call. When the secret police start making ordinary citizens disappear, holla at me. When the president isn't out of office after 8 years, I'd be happy to hear your point.

Until that time, shut the frick up.

715768[/snapback]

overwhelming evidence??? :pirate::huh:

I guess you really can fool some of the people all of the time.

Like repeat GOP/Ann Coulter/Rush Limbaugh/Laura Ingraham talking points as if they were carried by Moses himself?

716004[/snapback]

You mean they aren't Moses' 15, I mean 10 commandments?

(<3 Mel Brooks)

Man, check this one out.. Powell and rice in feb-july 2001 telling the world that saddam is controllable and has no wmd's ..So they were for saddam before they were against saddam :rolleyes:

http://thememoryhole.org/war/powell-rice-wmd.wmv

715187[/snapback]

Here's the document to powells meeting in cairo feb 24 2001.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/powell-cairo.htm

You mean they aren't Moses' 15, I mean 10 commandments?

(<3 Mel Brooks)

716145[/snapback]

What about Moses Grififn's commandments? (Family Guy episode just on Cartoon Network)

Commandment 1, shut the hell up

Commandment 2, there's nothing i can do about the sun

Commandment 3, there aren't any more Jolly Ranchers. They're all gone

Commandment 4, when we pass a billboard don't read it out loud

What about Moses Grififn's commandments? (Family Guy episode just on Cartoon Network)

Commandment 1, shut the hell up

Commandment 2, there's nothing i can do about the sun

Commandment 3, there aren't any more Jolly Ranchers.  They're all gone

Commandment 4, when we pass a billboard don't read it out loud

717589[/snapback]

"oooohhhh....Mancow in the Morning...." :o

The Moses part was probably the best in that episode.

Check this  bush video out.. Is he for the constitution before he's against the constitution :o

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/febru...206bushlies.htm

715185[/snapback]

Did you just purposely link to prisonplanet.com???

Why not just post "I'm a dofus and no one should take me seriously ever"? Pretty much sends the same message and you don't have to link to anything.