All hail King George W!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gawd, instead of b*tchin and moaning about the current occupant of the White House wouldn't it be more productive to formulate an viable agenda and try to win it back in 2008

715002[/snapback]

At Dubya's rate, he could change, nullify and/or ignore almost 300 more laws in his remaining two years. You don't care, but I do.

At Dubya's rate, he could change, nullify and/or ignore almost 300 more laws in his remaining two years.  You don't care, but I do.

715031[/snapback]

again i beg to differ. i do care, however you are kinda blowing things outta proportion. You're acting like he just executed Order 66

And you can point to a coherent Democratic Party platform that belies his observation?

Didn't think so.

715044[/snapback]

Their coherent platform is Bush is wrong about everything!

What a thread....nothing but pointless bickering and inane name calling with both sides sounding like complete idiots.  Nice imitation of Congress.

715131[/snapback]

I particularly liked PastaJoe's contribution. One of his finer posts.

Now let's really send this thread straight to the crapper and pick on Simon...

I never heard of these signing statements before and assumed that the article was talking about executive orders. Figured they changed the name to hide the fact tht Clinton signed a record #.

714913[/snapback]

How did Clinton sign a record number if Reagan signed more than he did and they both served 8 years? It may only be a few more, but it ceratinly robs one of a tasty soundbite when they can no longer say "CLINTON signed a RECORD number".

Man, check this one out.. Powell and rice in feb-july 2001 telling the world that saddam is controllable and has no wmd's ..So they were for saddam before they were against saddam ;)

http://thememoryhole.org/war/powell-rice-wmd.wmv

715187[/snapback]

Ok, so when bush is weasley, when he's for the constitution before he's against the constitution. What does this video have to say about powell and rice claiming in feb and july 2001 that saddam is controllable and has no wmd's.. Where the whole bush administration claimed he had nuclear component's, unmanned vehichles that could attack, and all the other statement's they made just month's later...

Ok, so when bush is weasley, when he's for the constitution before he's against the constitution. What does this video have to say about powell and rice claiming in feb and july 2001 that saddam is controllable and has no wmd's.. Where the whole bush administration claimed he had nuclear component's, unmanned  vehichles that could attack, and all the other statement's they made  just  month's later...

715530[/snapback]

9/11 happened, and this policy was formulated, which resulted in a complete change of the policy towards Iraq.

Note that it also resulted in a change of policy towards Iran, Syria, Libya, and North Korea...none of which anyone pays attention to. If people would, then how the administration formulates policy would be much clearer...which is the real argument here. Changing our foreign policy after 9/11 was not being weaselly...far from it, it was as logical a step as Roosevelt abandoning the trappings of his faux-isolationist policy after Pearl Harbor. The drastic change of policy across extraordinary events isn't inconsistent...it's natural, even necessary.

This administration, however, has never been one to support Constitutional protections or separation of powers, before or after 9/11, except when such Constitutional powers suited it. On that single matter alone - failing to uphold his oath of office to defend the Constitution - I would have voted against Bush in 2004...except that Kerry's record on Constitutional matters was actually worse.