How about the 'HALL OF SHAME'?

Dibs

For years now a mate & I have had an unwritten 'Hall Of Shame' category for players.

To gain entry a player has to.....

1. Be an active or retired NFL player.

2. Be considered 'famous' in some way...usually due to at least decent playing ability &/or longevity in the NFL though other reasons can apply.

3. Do something(usually multiple times) which is generally received by one & all negatively.

Pretty much this is the opposite of the Hall of Fame.

My nomination for is a player who in my HOS has achieved special 'Legend' status.

Leon Lett:

Guilty of the notorious 'Thanksgiving day blunder' where the Cowboys had the game won & he slid through the snow like a school boy, made contacted with the ball & lost the 'Boys the match.

He was also guilty of the SBXXVII blunder where he waved the ball around for Don Beebe to knock down.

He also was suspended for 4 matches for substance abuse & then to kill his career was suspended for a year for substance abuse again.

The fact that he was a dominating player for a dominating team only adds to his shame.

Who is your nomination for the 'HALL OF SHAME'?

Please provide valid reasons for entry.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate drew bledslow

713778[/snapback]

Why? What are your reasons?

If entry was granted to every player who simply did not perform to level the fans wanted, the HOS would be bursting at the seams.

I purposefully only gave one example because I figured people would get the gist with LL. Looks like I was wrong.

What has Bledsoe done that is considered(league wide) as shameful(or pathetic, or exceptionally arrogant, or mind numbingly stupid, etc, etc)?

Why?  What are your reasons?

If entry was granted to every player who simply did not perform to level the fans wanted, the HOS would be bursting at the seams.

I purposefully only gave one example because I figured people would get the gist with LL.  Looks like I was wrong.

What has Bledsoe done that is considered(league wide) as shameful(or pathetic, or exceptionally arrogant, or mind numbingly stupid, etc, etc)?

713781[/snapback]

I was just trying to be annoying....sorry 0:)

I will place a serious vote for Jose Canseco. The time where the ball bounced off his head and over the wall was so damn gut-busting hilarious that he deserves cross-league consideration.

I third Drew Bledsoe, for quitting on his team in the 2nd half of the 2003 season.

713785[/snapback]

How about when Drew was interviewed last year and said that replacing him with Tom Brady in New England was the wrong move? :lol:0:)

How about when Drew was interviewed last year and said that replacing him with Tom Brady in New England was the wrong move?   :P  :lol:

713786[/snapback]

0:)

How about when the Burger King scored his first-ever TD against him on national TV? :lol:

Barrett Robbins, the Oakland center who went on a bender to Tijuana the night before they played in the Super Bowl. He wasn't the reason they lost, but the reality is, karma is a messed up thing. It will catch a ride on the first !@#$ up and bowl through the immediate future, creating new !@#$ ups and taking them along for the ride.

It was the beginning of the end of the Raiders' SB chances that year.

Although details in press reports have been sparse, apparently Robbins became despondent over several injuries that he suffered this season as Super Bowl day approached. He stopped taking the meds he needed to treat his depression, and "sought help at one of Tijuana's cheap watering holes" according to Newsday's Shaun Powell.

And then he follows it up with this.

Barret Robbins, former Oakland Raiders center, is in critical condition in a Miami Beach hospital after he was shot during a struggle with a police officer who was investigating a burglary at a South Beach office building.

Whenever the memory of Eddie Robinson getting juked by Pennington enters my mind, I stop thinking about Robinson and start thinking about Robbins...and then I don't feeeeeeeeeeeeel sooooo baaad!!!!

0:)

How about when the Burger King scored his first-ever TD against him on national TV? :lol:

713787[/snapback]

:lol: They'll be calling for the burger king in dallas by season's end

For years now a mate & I have had an unwritten 'Hall Of Shame' category for players.

1.  Be an active or retired NFL player.

2.  Be considered 'famous' in some way...usually due to at least decent playing ability &/or longevity in the NFL though other reasons can apply.

3.  Do something(usually multiple times) which is generally received by one & all negatively.

My nomination for is a player who in my HOS has achieved special 'Legend' status.

Leon Lett:

Guilty of the notorious 'Thanksgiving day blunder' where the Cowboys had the game won & he slid through the snow like a school boy, made contacted with the ball & lost the 'Boys the match.

He was also guilty of the SBXXVII blunder where he waved the ball around for Don Beebe to knock down.

He also was suspended for 4 matches for substance abuse & then to kill his career was suspended for a year for substance abuse again.

The fact that he was a dominating player for a dominating team only adds to his shame.

713777[/snapback]

Daryl Porter db/special teams "ace" circa 99-01

1.  Be an active or retired NFL player.

2.  Be considered 'famous' in some way...usually due to at least decent playing ability &/or longevity in the NFL though other reasons can apply.

3.  Do something(usually multiple times) which is generally received by one & all negatively.

Leon Lett:

713777[/snapback]

Ricky Williams is an obvious choice.

I'll nominate Bryan Cox, for snapping, repatedly. What self control.... What? Self-control?

Dolphin Linebacker Fined for a Gesture

Miami Dolphins linebacker BRYAN COX was fined $10,000 by the National Football League yesterday for making obscene gestures to the crowd before Sunday's game at Buffalo. He plans to appeal.

Miami Coach DON SHULA said he had no objection to the fine, but Cox said his side hasn't been heard. ...

Cox Fined Again by N.F.L.

Cox was fined for verbally abusing the field judge, BILL SMITH, making repeated obscene gestures at the official and shouting obscenities.

Cox joins Pats

While the vast majority of Cox' problems occurred early in his career, he is still thought to be the most-fined player in NFL history. Cox is a three-time Pro Bowler who has been a solid, everyday starter during his 10-year career, but he is best known for spitting at fans ...

If Parcells can handle L.T., Bryan Cox, Keyshawn, Owens shouldn't be worse

"Bryan Cox was one of the most hated players in the NFL when he came to us in New York. If he can coach Cox, T.O. will be easy." Maybe. Cox was tough, but he was never sent home midway through a season, as Owens was last year with the Eagles. ...