How about the 'HALL OF SHAME'?

Dibs

And that Brad Butler clip didn't look that bad. It was totally a cheap shot but I don't think he intended to hurt the guy.

714436[/snapback]

Right, the defender is hobbling and everyone around is stopped or heading back to huddle and Butler takes him out at the knees, the guy is a dirtbag.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, the defender is hobbling and everyone around is stopped or heading back to huddle and Butler takes him out at the knees, the guy is a dirtbag.

714480[/snapback]

That was inexcusable. Few players do that. I'll be hoping he gets an early dismissal.

Oh c'mon...it's football. Emotions run high. It's been said many times that Butler's actions on that play were completely out of character and that he's a great person, competitor, and teammate. That guy he took out wasn't even hurt was he?

Oh c'mon...it's football. Emotions run high. It's been said many times that Butler's actions on that play were completely out of character and that he's a great person, competitor, and teammate. That guy he took out wasn't even hurt was he?

714572[/snapback]

My point was that it was a rare, intent to injure hit. Even the classless of players don't do that and do it so obviously. The intention was to ruin his career. Tell me how that is different than Tonya Harding (well other than the obvious fact that it is pretty different.) Intention was the same.

There is a reason the video is still available. That play was pretty over the top. Looked like the whistle had blown too. As for the guy being hurt - he didn;t look like he was getting up to hit someone. Don't know the outcome.

This could be a telling play. Sure there are emotions. But to blow your cool like that, a meltdown at a heated moment. We don;t need that on Superbowl Sunday.

Can you recall a play like that at any point in the season last year? I can't.

Football is a pretty tough game. But there is a line. And that line was crossed.

714572[/snapback]

Simple question, If he were on the Pats or Dophins roster, would you have the same conclusion after seeing that play?

Can you recall a play like that at any point in the season last year? I can't.

714583[/snapback]

I am not defending butler, because he's a POS for that late blatant cheap shot.

but, logan mankins did punch a guy in the junk last year, the cheap sh--head.

Drew Bledsoe deserves the hall of shame if for no other reason than throwing the ball away on fourth down to end the game...

713783[/snapback]

Dumbest play by a QB I have ever witnessed. Dumbest play by a coach: Having your 168 lb WR play QB to throw a 3 yard pass.