Sirius Sat. Question

ACor58

I probably should have just PM's Jack in SYR but has anyone looked into the kit to convert a factory installed XM tuner (on a GM per se) to Sirius?

I have had XM for over a year and I can now say "Commerical Free my @ss"!!!

It started with them promoting other shows on their other channels for a few seconds at a time, which was ok. Now they are playing real commercials on their music stations. BULLCRAP!

Has Sirius stooped to the same level?

i listen mostly to howard and he does have commercials, but not too many, and frankly "commercial free" radio was not a big selling point to me, so i do not mind

I probably should have just PM's Jack in SYR but has anyone looked into the kit to convert a factory installed XM tuner (on a GM per se) to Sirius?

It started with them promoting other shows on their other channels for a few seconds at a time, which was ok. Now they are playing real commercials on their music stations. BULLCRAP!

710468[/snapback]

On the NFL channel, they do have commercials.  I'm not sure on the music channels.  The ones I listen to the most are 70s, 80s, Pure Jazz, and Backspin, and I don't recall hearing commercials on those.

710476[/snapback]

I listen to 70s, 80s, Franks Place, Soul and The Blend, and never hear commercials. On the other hand, I'd rather hear commercials at this point instead of the same freakin' top 40 pop songs over and over and over.

You're beautiful, you're #1 with a bullet, and you've had a bad day. Can we play these songs ONE MORE !@#$ING TIME, PLEASE!

I know that the have commercials on ESPN, FOX Sports, Sporting News, MLB, NASCAR, etc. I guess that my point is if you advertise something as commercial free than make it commercial free.

what a joke, the entire point to satelite radio and having to pay was so they could get away from FCC broadcasting standards and be commercial free cause their revenue would come from subscriptions, now they are making you pay and throwing in commercials?

I will keep my free radio and put up with commercials, or I'll just put a cd in the cd player and go truely commercial free, well atleast until they decide that they should start putting recorded commercials on cd's too.

I have had Sirius for a couple years and love it. While the sports and talk do have commercials (because most are streamed in), the music is 100% commercial free. I do also listen to XM on TV (Direct TV music channels) and I dont recall hearing commercials on those.

I listen to 70s, 80s, Franks Place, Soul and The Blend, and never hear commercials. On the other hand, I'd rather hear commercials at this point instead of the same freakin' top 40 pop songs over and over and over.

You're beautiful, you're #1 with a bullet, and you've had a bad day. Can we play these songs ONE MORE !@#$ING TIME, PLEASE!

710482[/snapback]

Shakira Shakira

The is no reason to play that on the radio, it is best suited for tv where the mute button can be hit filtering out the crap and you get to enjoy the only good part about her  :P  ;)  :P

710545[/snapback]

TRUE, VERY TRUE

what a joke, the entire point to satelite radio and having to pay was so they could get away from FCC broadcasting standards and be commercial free cause their revenue would come from subscriptions, now they are making you pay and throwing in commercials?

I will keep my free radio and put up with commercials, or I'll just put a cd in the cd player and go truely commercial free, well atleast until they decide that they should start putting recorded commercials on cd's too.

Different strokes for different folks. You probably don't own an i-Pod either, right?

I have had Sirius for a couple years and love it.  While the sports and talk do have commercials (because most are streamed in), the music is 100% commercial free.  I do also listen to XM on TV (Direct TV music channels) and I dont recall hearing commercials on those.

710536[/snapback]

I just started to notice the commercials on the music channels last week. It is not like they were playing 15 minutes worth, but I flipped to a few channels and noticed that they were playing the same commercials at the same times.

710468[/snapback]

XM has a few music channels owned by Clear Channel, and Clear Channel runs commercials on those stations.

Sirius doesn't run commercials on music stations.

Sirius runs commercials on its licensed stations (ESPN, Disney, and the like) and also on its talk stations. Howard Stern, who runs more commercials than the other hosts, runs about 5 minutes of commercials an hour (as opposed the 19-21 minutes he used to run). I guess that the talkers deserve a break every hour--you can't force someone to talk for 5 hours straight.

710530[/snapback]

My time is too valuable to spend listening to someone tell me what to buy.

XM has a few music channels owned by Clear Channel, and Clear Channel runs commercials on those stations.

Sirius doesn't run commercials on music stations.

Sirius runs commercials on its licensed stations (ESPN, Disney, and the like) and also on its talk stations. Howard Stern, who runs more commercials than the other hosts, runs about 5 minutes of commercials an hour (as opposed the 19-21 minutes he used to run).  I guess that the talkers deserve a break every hour--you can't force someone to talk for 5 hours straight.

710587[/snapback]

Funniest thing I heard was on a talk station on Sirius (which was actually just syndicating a terrestrial radio show), they had an ad for XM - heard that one a few mornings in a row. I can just see the execs at Sirius doing a spit takes with their morning coffees....

To echo what others have said, I listen to Sirius and switch between music, the NFL network, and Howard. NFL network is like regular radio (lots of commercials), Howard is much better, and the music channels are commercial-free.

I don't know anyone personally that has done it, but here's a couple of threads from other forums about it....

Switching Gm Installed Xm To Sirius?

Converting Xm To Sirius, Is it possible?

Sirius in a 2006 Honda Pilot - not GM, but has a picture of his setup

KNGM1 Package

710685[/snapback]

Thanks Jack. I found this out there too, but it is not available yet.

http://www.tss-radio.com/product_info.php?...-sirius-connect

Different strokes for different folks.  You probably don't own an i-Pod either, right?

710560[/snapback]

Don't own an ipod, but I may get one in the future

I have an MP3 player (that came as a bonus with my cell phone that I use sometimes, but only with music I download for free (I refuse to pay a company money to download a song when I actually go out and buy cd's too)