What about Rian Lindell?

I thought DJ and Marv would of released Lindell by now. I always thought he only stayed around because of TD and his pride. I think Paul Edinger was recently released and I think he would be a good, bad weather kicker. If we are starting over, lets include the kicking game.

Is anyone else confused by what type of offense we are going to run? At first, it seemed like run,run and more run. Now we read aout Steve Fairchild and how well the QB's are throwing the long ball. How can a team with an inexperienced QB and a terrible line not focus heavily on the run???

Who here is sick of Willis???? He seems like a typical cocky punk who doesn't seem to want to play for the team anyways. It makes me so mad that our stud running back is too good to work with the team for the OTA's. F - him. and all the idiots from the U that train together. I would gladly take Lionel Gates as the starter or anyone who plays with passion and is proud to be a Bill. I don't think he is a Marv type player and I hope he is shown the door.

For some strange reason, I have a feeling that JP is going to do much better this year. No reason for it , other then because Jerry (IDIOT) Sullivan wrote about it the other day.

Can't the News do better then this clown Jerry Sullivan ??? He seems like a bitter man who takes his anger out in his columns. He is like the guy who wasn't an athlete growing up and still holds in that anger as an adult. It is so hard to read his column.

My last point. John Murphy is not a good play by play man. I listen to audio of other team announcers and Murph is bad, in my opinion. Once again, if we are righting this wrong, can Murph! Bring in someone with passion and someone with energy. Make this team sound fun and exciting even if they really put us to sleep.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindell is good, he had a great year last year...did you not watch him kick? I think he only missed 3 field goals all season...

Willis is a badass, if you want Lionel Gates over McGahee you've lost your mind...

and YOU are the one that sounds bitter my friend.

Lindell is good, he had a great year last year...did you not watch him kick? I think he only missed 3 field goals all season...

Willis is a badass, if you want Lionel Gates over McGahee you've lost your mind...

709892[/snapback]

Come on dude! You tell me what makes him a badass??? Last year, he looked slow and as if he didn't want to get hit. maybe it is me getting older, but i have no use for players who think they are bigger then the team or the game. he would rather be on TV and in South Florida then getting to know the new coaching staff and acting like a leader.

Ps. Lionel or anyone who runs hard and gives a sh-- about the team.

709892[/snapback]

Boy you are correct, that was a negative post. I have a little one at home, so I am often tired and grumpy this late at night. Ok you are correct, Willis is great, Lindell is awesome, Jerry Sullivan should be writer of the year and Murph is the best announcer in the game. :doh::lol:

Come on dude! You tell me what makes him a badass??? Last year, he looked slow and as if he didn't want to get hit. maybe it is me getting older, but i have no use for players who think they are bigger then the team or the game. he would rather be on TV and in South Florida then getting to know the new coaching staff and acting like a leader.

Ps. Lionel or anyone who runs hard and gives a sh-- about the team.

709896[/snapback]

I think you are being ridiculous here.

Not every player has to be a "leader". Willis seems like the kind of guy who is just not going to kiss the butts of fans who want him to train with the team. Many players from the U train together down there, and they are certainly not lounging on the beach. (The link has expired, but I can post the whole article if you wish)

And you talk about Jerry Sullivan being a bitter man? Holy crap, you sure seem to have issues. Like every player from the old regime should be kicked to the curb? Just for the sake of change?

Lindell had a good year last year, much to the surprise of MOST OF US, I'm sure.

I thought DJ and Marv would of released Lindell by now. I always thought he only stayed around because of TD and his pride. I think Paul Edinger was recently released and I think he would be a good, bad weather kicker. If we are starting over, lets include the kicking game.

709891[/snapback]

:doh:

Last season Lindell showed what he can do once he got over a shoulder injury that threw off his technique and got an excellent LS. 83% including 3/3 from 50+. His KOs also improved by almost 2 yards per kick.

Edinger was 14/23 from over 30 yards away for Minn.

So, the question is, did you follow the team at all last year or are you carrying talking points over from last offseason? Or are you arguing for exploding the entire team, even the center of a top STs unit, b/c we changed GMs and said kicker used to kick for our new coach?

I would advise you to read my first sig line and take it to heart.

Is anyone else confused by what type of offense we are going to run? At first, it seemed like run,run and more run.  Now we read aout Steve Fairchild and  how well the QB's are throwing the long ball. How can a team with an inexperienced QB and a terrible line not focus heavily on the run???

Who here is sick of Willis???? He seems like a typical  cocky punk who doesn't seem to want to play for the team anyways. It makes me so mad that our stud running back is too good to work with the team for the OTA's. F - him. and all  the idiots from the U that train together.  I would gladly take Lionel Gates as the starter or anyone  who plays with passion and is proud to be a Bill. I don't think he is a Marv type player and I hope he  is shown the door.

For some strange reason, I have a feeling that JP is going to do much better this year. No reason for it , other  then because  Jerry (IDIOT) Sullivan wrote about it the other day.

Can't the News do better then this clown Jerry Sullivan ??? He seems like a bitter man who takes his anger out in his columns. He is like the guy who wasn't an athlete growing up and still holds in that anger as an adult. It is so hard to read his column.

My last point. John Murphy is not a good play by play man. I listen to audio of other team announcers and Murph is bad, in my opinion. Once again, if we are righting this wrong, can Murph! Bring in someone with passion and someone with energy. Make this team sound fun and exciting even if they really put us to sleep.

709891[/snapback]

I am absolutely fine with Lindell.

I never thought the Bills would completely abandon the pass. I think they want to run more effectively this year, but Steve Fairchild was Mike Martz's offensive coorcinator for heaven's sake. Dick Joauron would not have hired him if he wanted to run 40 plays a game. Look for some balance this year.

Willis is a "me guy" through and through, and may not be here after the 2006 season, but I think he will be fine this year, if the offensive line gels and shows some improvement. I think the Bills have some depth at RB, but unless someone really surprises there is no one who has the raw talent of Willis McGahee.

I loved Jerry Sullivan's editorial on Losman, but he still has to show it on the field. I hope he is the starter and is much improved, but I'll take things as they come.

I don't wast my time worrying about Jerry Sullivan and John Murphy and whether or not they are competent, homers, or whatever. The game is the product, not the media.

I am absolutely fine with Lindell.

I never thought the Bills would completely abandon the pass.  I think they want to run more effectively this year, but Steve Fairchild was Mike Martz's offensive coorcinator for heaven's sake.  Dick Joauron would not have hired him if he wanted to run 40 plays a game.  Look for some balance this year.

Willis is a "me guy" through and through, and may not be here after the 2006 season, but I think he will be fine this year, if the offensive line gels and shows some improvement.  I think the Bills have some depth at RB, but unless someone really surprises there is no one who has the raw talent of Willis McGahee.

I loved Jerry Sullivan's editorial on Losman, but he still has to show it on the field.  I hope he is the starter and is much improved, but I'll take things as they come.

I don't wast my time worrying about Jerry Sullivan and John Murphy and whether or not they are competent, homers, or whatever.  The game is the product, not the media.

710060[/snapback]

do you say McGahee is a "me guy" because he skipped the OTA's? Do you have inside information about Willis you'd like to share? Did he tell you he doesn't give a sh-- about the team and is all about his own personal goals? What do you really know? Please tell.

do you say McGahee is a "me guy" because he skipped the OTA's? Do you have inside information about Willis you'd like to share? Did he tell you he doesn't give a sh-- about the team and is all about his own personal goals? What do you really know? Please tell.

710150[/snapback]

I'm not sure any of us know weather WM is a me guy or not. Only his teammates can say. But he did make 2 quotes that has me wondering. The first was when he was asked about continuing playing for the Bills he responded by saying "If they pay me" The second was his self-proclaimed "I'm the best back..."

I have to admire his confidence, and we'd all like to get paid better, but those sound like TO type comments to me.

To me a team player is one who will do whatever the coaches ask of them. If they asked Willis to be strictly a blocking back for Gates, WM next comment might sound like "Trade me!"

I may be way off the mark with him, I hope I am, but he hasn't done much publicly to endear himself to the fans that believe "team" is the key work in any subject.

The second was his self-proclaimed "I'm the best back..."

Ahhh, TBD Urban Myth #2 (number 1 was poasted a few threads back)...Willis McGahee held a press conference and announced himself the greatest back in the NFL.

I'm not going to even get into this because apparently most of you have no reading comprehension and cannot understand what Willis actually said. He was asked about the best RB's and who he thought was the best, and he said "of course you are going to say that you are the best", then mentioned some other names.

To me a team player is one who will do whatever the coaches ask of them. If they asked Willis to be strictly a blocking back for Gates, WM next comment might sound like "Trade me!"

I may be way off the mark with him, I hope I am, but he hasn't done much publicly to endear himself to the fans that believe "team" is the key work in any subject.

710159[/snapback]

If Willis is blocking for Lionel Gates in week 1 against NE, then jauron and fairchild need to be shown the door before week 2. You dont ask that kind of talent to block for another 7th round draft pick who frankly, hasnt shown anything.

I also didnt know endearing yourself to fans had any effect on the way you play the game. And plenty of people still like Willis and dont care what he does in the offseason so long as he stays out of criminal trouble.

Ahhh, TBD Urban Myth #2 (number 1 was poasted a few threads back)...Willis McGahee held a press conference and announced himself the greatest back in the NFL.

I'm not going to even get into this because apparently most of you have no reading comprehension and cannot understand what Willis actually said. He was asked about the best RB's and who he thought was the best, and he said "of course you are going to say that you are the best", then mentioned some other names.

If Willis is blocking for Lionel Gates in week 1 against NE, then jauron and fairchild need to be shown the door before week 2. You dont ask that kind of talent to block for another 7th round draft pick who frankly, hasnt shown anything.

I also didnt know endearing yourself to fans had any effect on the way you play the game. And plenty of people still like Willis and dont care what he does in the offseason so long as he stays out of criminal trouble.

710182[/snapback]

I'm not saying Willis wasn't miss quoted, god know the media never makes mistakes, but it's funny how they all were quoting him saying that the week we played SanDeigo. Also the NFL network was asking every player they talked to that week about the WM statement. So somehow the whole country has gotten it out of context. I wasn't there to hear his exact quote but that's what the media is suppose to be for, right?

The Lionel Gates senerio was an example to work my point from. I do not think Gates will ever be the RB that Willis is. But ask yourself, do you think Willis would be a "team player" and do anything the coaches ask of him even if it is taking a back seat to someone else?

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd rather route for someone who has the team's interest in mind. Because I wish to see the Bills be sucessful not just the Bills RB.

So as much as you wish to sway my opion of WM, my impression of him will stand until he proves to me otherwise. And as a Bills fan I sure hope he does!

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd rather route for someone who has the team's interest in mind. Because I wish to see the Bills be sucessful not just the Bills RB.

710196[/snapback]

I want to route for a team that wins ball games, I could care less that the RB thinks he is the greatest to ever play the game, as long as he tries to prove it on the field and THE TEAM WINS GAMES. Gates is a 7th rounder that everyone here seems to be in love with because he had a couple of decent plays in preseason. Lets throw him in instead of Willis because he doesn't have "Baby Mommas and shows up to OPTIONAL/VOLUNTARY practices. As for him being on TV during that time, He can be on TV and still train with the rest of the "U" players, last time I checked, the OTA's in Buffalo didn't run 24/7 with constant training, so I doubt he was training for 24/7 in Miami.

For Christ sake, he came back to Buffalo in better shape then he did last year and is ready to play, thats give the guy a couple games during the season to atleast show that he has improved before we ride him out of town for missing VOLUNTARY practices.

I want to route for a team that wins ball games, I could care less that the RB thinks he is the greatest to ever play the game, as long as he tries to prove it on the field and THE TEAM WINS GAMES. Gates is a 7th rounder that everyone here seems to be in love with because he had a couple of decent plays in preseason. Lets throw him in instead of Willis because he doesn't have "Baby Mommas and shows up to OPTIONAL/VOLUNTARY practices. As for him being on TV during that time, He can be on TV and still train with the rest of the "U" players, last time I checked, the OTA's in Buffalo didn't run 24/7 with constant training, so I doubt he was training for 24/7 in Miami.

For Christ sake, he came back to Buffalo in better shape then he did last year and is ready to play, thats give the guy a couple games during the season to atleast show that he has improved before we ride him out of town for missing VOLUNTARY practices.

710216[/snapback]

Hmm? I could have sworn I said that Willis was better than Gates? :P

I am not questioning his physical ablity at all. I just think TEAMS win games. To have a team to you need team players. I'm question weather he is one or not.

I think you are being ridiculous here.

Not every player has to be a "leader". Willis seems like the kind of guy who is just not going to kiss the butts of fans who want him to train with the team. Many players from the U train together down there, and they are certainly not lounging on the beach. (The link has expired, but I can post the whole article if you wish)

And you talk about Jerry Sullivan being a bitter man? Holy crap, you sure seem to have issues. Like every player from the old regime should be kicked to the curb? Just for the sake of change?

Lindell had a good year last year, much to the surprise of MOST OF US, I'm sure.

709901[/snapback]

I do agree with him on Sullivan- the guy is just not a journalist......he's more cut out for talk radio

Edinger kicked mostly in domes, how does that equate to well to an outdoor kicker.

Lindell was our one bright spot in 2005

709922[/snapback]

lindell was cool after schneck or whatever the hell his name is was brought in. I think the long ball will help this offense... speedy receivers, losman has a good if sometimes streaky long ball, and willis would benefit from any honesty from an opposing defense. It all comes down to the trenches. I wouldn't be surprised if the team is 3-13 , or everything falls into place and its 10-6. peace.

709892[/snapback]

I think Lindell is here to stay....However, my problem with him is he has stunk

it up in the few chances to score during the clutch...

I don't wast my time worrying about Jerry Sullivan and John Murphy and whether or not they are competent, homers, or whatever.  The game is the product, not the media.

710060[/snapback]

Calling the game live is part of the game experience....As the original poster

said, Murphy does not bring in the same passion that Van brought to the table

on every Sundays.....