Bennie Anderson in Miami

ACor58

Could any of you astute posters enlighten me as to exactly what Fat Benny's place on the depth chart will be?

It seems most of you are assuming he'll be on the field.....is there a chance he was signed for depth?  As bad as he was.....could he add any value to a team that may need an experienced back-up who may be a better player under one of the most respected and highly regarded O-Line coaches in the NFL?

Ahhhhh....never mind, he sux and will always suck.  Whoever said it is right.....I wish the Fins would stop taking left over trash from a proven no talent team.....

708511[/snapback]

DCM, didn't he sign a reasonable sized contract to vie for a starting job. Also, if he did have conversation with the Packers, whose line is in lot worse shape than yours, wouldn't he have gone there if he thought he had a better chance to start.

My bet is he is going to contend for a starting guard position.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what gets me about this signing. All of the Miami articles talk about how Anderson is a better fit for Miami's offense than he would be in the new offense Fairchild is installing in Buffalo. But,

MIAMI IS GONNA BE RUNNING BUFFALO'S 2005 OFFENSE.

Hello! Mularkey is the OC. We know what offense he's gonna be installing, and guess what, Bennie SUCKED in it last year, in fact he was pulled during multiple games and single-handedly lost a game when they left him in there (the Pats game in NE). This signing is a fuggin joke.

Football Scientist :devil: Chat

Josh (NYC): based on your projections...What is that status of the Miami Dolphins OL? Thanks

KC Joyner: It could be a tremendous line. I wasn't high on the signing of LJ Shelton (see previous post for details) but I very much like the signing of Bennie Anderson. Anderson ranked 26th among guards in modified YPA and was 6th in success percentage.  :doh:

On a related note, Seth McKinney ranked 17th in the overall linemen numbers and was 3rd among centers. If Anderson plays as well as last year  :lol: and Shelton can improve to being even just a solid LT, they have all of the other pieces in place.

;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

They want him to play RG, which he might be able to man OK.  He was a terrible LG, but maybe being slow and out of shape won't hurt him as badly on the right side.  :devil:

709392[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown is going to have that opposing LB on his face even before the

ball is handed over by Culpeper.

"Anderson ranked 26th among guards in modified YPA and was 6th in success percentage"

Does that even mean anything?

709437[/snapback]

What did he rank in pass protection? 198th? If anybody thinks this useless tub of lard is worth anything, he's got rocks in his head. Of course, the same for anyone who would want MM for coach at any level.

The thing about Bennie is that they cut him now. After a couple of blackboard sessions and walking around in shorts. I mean, just how worthless did they think this guy was to cut him now? Basically, the new coaches are saying, Bennie was not only not good enough to start, but he wasn't even good enough to be a backup to a backup, and even if they were devastated by injuries, they'd rather pull a guy out of the stands than have Bennie suit up.

And there are people out there bragging about the Dolphins picking this tub of carp up? :P

DCM,  didn't he sign a reasonable sized contract to vie for a starting job. Also, if he did have conversation with the Packers, whose line is in lot worse shape than yours, wouldn't he have gone there if he thought he had a better chance to start.

My bet is he is going to contend for a starting guard position.

708814[/snapback]

He wasn't signed strictly for depth.....that's for sure. Rex Hadnot looks to be the starting center this year and last year's starter Seth McKinney will be moved to RG where he and Fat Bennie will have a training camp battle to be on the field for the first snap in Pittsburgh......It seems to me that Houck is building a very LARGE offensive line. McKinney doesn't fit that mode, IMO. Hadnot played at RG but was a center in college and is back at his natural position....since the acquisition of Anderson, 2 definate "depth" players(center/guards)have been released.

I know you guys have alot of fun taking potshots at all the undeserved credit that Saban is getting....but, he seems to "get" it. Most of the new players that are on the 06 team compared to Wanny's last team are players who could quite possibly have their best years ahead of them. Players who have had starting experience but are still probably on this team as back-ups and role players. Most of the players acquired to start either by draft or free agency are very versatile players who can play at different spots if called upon. I really do believe he is modeling his squad after the ones Belichick has had, preparing for injury, and hoping that these experienced "fringe" starters can step in do a good job.

BTW...I do believe Anderson could very well be the starter on opening night....I think it gives the Fins a good chance to have five 320lb+ lineman on the 1st string.

You're all missing the bigger picture here. Saban is a god, and will definitely get the most out of the Bills re-treads, because he is like i said before a god...i think he's actually a cousin of tedy (we're not worthy) bruschi, and he knows MM and BA will be a dominate force, and just wait until Tampa finally does get really tired of MW then his plan will be complete upon signing MW. and he will overtake Belichick in terms of BJs given to HCs by Clayton and Mort because MW can be a real"diamond in the rough" if he gets into shape and we all know MW will get into shape under saban because saban will simply wish it to be true and *poof* MW will be a dominate force.

Or maybe saban's looking at the big picture...Bennie will surely help local restaurant owners and will infuse cash flow into the local economy, which will in turn help the Felons get a new stadium by placing a tax on pastries and anything cream filled. Damn he's good.

If Bennie is starting when Buffalo takes on the Felons then John McCargo will win defensive rookie of the year because Benn is good for allowing 5 sacks in those two games and some TFLs. Thank you Nick Saban for maybe putting an o-line on the field worse than the Bills from last year.

You think Saban is going to give Mularkey such a free hand to run that kind of

Crap ?

709173[/snapback]

Would you hire someone if you felt that you were going to have look over his shoulder the whole time? Not me. I have to believe Saban thought about this before hiring MM. So, yes, I believe Saban is going to let MM run his offense. The thing that boggles my mind the most about hiring MM is that Saban saw first-hand last year's Bills quit on MM.

Would you hire someone if you felt that you were going to have look over his shoulder the whole time? Not me. I have to believe Saban thought about this before hiring MM. So, yes, I believe Saban is going to let MM run his offense. The thing that boggles my mind the most about hiring MM is that Saban saw first-hand last year's Bills quit on MM.

710392[/snapback]

Saban knows that the Players report to him...not to his OC.....If Mularkey fumbles, he is gone.

Saban knows that the Players report to him...not to his OC.....If Mularkey fumbles, he is gone.

710403[/snapback]

Sure, that likely goes for any coordinator. That isn't my point. I am saying that Saban knows how MM operates before he hired him. If Saban didn't want MM's offense, which was last year's Buffalo offense, then Saban wouldn't have brought MM in.

I know you guys have alot of fun taking potshots at all the undeserved credit that Saban is getting....but, he seems to "get" it. 

I have to say it takes guts for a Dolpins fan to come here and post on a Bennie Anderson thread. Anderson was a failure here as a LG last year. Any GM who chose to sign this guy would have been ridiculed. The fact that it's the Dolphins, with a Mularkey-led offense, only makes the situation more amusing for Bills fans.

That said, a bigger, slower player such as Anderson is probably much better suited for RG than LG. He'll be at his worst against quicker, penetrating-type DTs: the kind of DTs the Bills are installing with the cover-2. :w00t: