Re: Losman:- Is it just me or....

Dibs

Is JERRY SULLIVAN (reporter) related to Losman?

His article is virtually glowing about him.

It's only June, but if fans were looking for a glimmer of hope, they would have been encouraged by the passing drills at the stadium Monday morning. Losman was terrific.
Losman was the best of the three quarterbacks. He made quick reads and sharp, accurate throws. He seemed relaxed and confident. You could see it in his body language. He said the action seemed to unfold more slowly than before.

I know we need one of our QBs to step up & therefore I want it to be happening but....Oh please let it be so. 0:)

Linky: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1037360.asp

I know we need one of our QBs to step up & therefore I want it to be happening but....Oh please let it be so. 0:)

708040[/snapback]

I think the much more important quote is this one:

"I have more confidence in what I'm doing," Losman said. "It seems I'm not thinking as much, like I did in the past..."

All the good quarterbacks in the NFL seem to have this moment, when they just go out and play.

708040[/snapback]

I don't think our probs ever lay with the QB, WR's, or RB's. *hint hint* If the real problem is solved we should have a winning season.

I don't think our probs ever lay with the QB, WR's, or RB's.  *hint hint*    If the real problem is solved we should have a winning season.

708076[/snapback]

You're not suggesting that we had below average performance & production from our O Line are you? 0:)

How could anyone suggest such a thing? :doh:

JP demonstrates the dameanor I expect from our players. He's dedicated to the team, and has demonstrated dedication to the city.

His work ethic cannot be questioned. It just all comes donw to one question... Can he do it for real during the season?

We'll see, but I am encouraged

JP demonstrates the dameanor I expect from our players. He's dedicated to the team, and has demonstrated dedication to the city.

His work ethic cannot be questioned. It just all comes donw to one question... Can he do it for real during the season?

708135[/snapback]

The real question is will the veterans and the coaching staff believe in him and get behind him.

I am not encouraged or discouraged by any of that talk. It is just talk. That is the kind of thing I have heard every off season about this or that player. Some of it proved to be prophetic, some of it not. It is meaningless. The only thing I know about JP's performance so far is what he did last year which was pretty awful.

This is a whole new year, a whole new team so not much of what happened last year matters any more but neither will any of this talk once the real deal starts.

To me, losman still gets an incomplete. He's been a victim of injury and a victim of circumstance in his first two years in the league. Now that he has a real head coach, some leadership and drive from the front office, and less tubs of worthless lard in front of him, lets see how he does. I'm not expecting him to break manning or marino's single season records this year, but i'm also not expecting him to suck as badly either.

To me, losman still gets an incomplete.  He's been a victim of injury and a victim of circumstance in his first two years in the league.  Now that he has a real head coach, some leadership and drive from the front office, and less tubs of worthless lard in front of him, lets see how he does.  I'm not expecting him to break manning or marino's single season records this year, but i'm also not expecting him to suck as badly either.

708441[/snapback]

"...not expecting him to suck as badly either."

Is that what we are reduced to, limiting our suckiness to manageable levels? :D

I hear you. I really don't know what to expect from him at all this year. I saw plenty last year to worry me quite a bit about his viability as a starter but there was so much else wrong with this team, it was hard to tell how much of that was him. At the same time, I really don't recall many moments, fleeting though they might have been where he did something that made me go "Wow, this guy can play." I'd be more confident if there were more of those moments last year.

My hope for him right now is still based on what he did in college rather than his play over the last two years.

Cautiously optimistic. That is what I am on JP. He still has a strong arm, good feet and a healthy attitude. Now he even has an offensive line, I hope.

708135[/snapback]

Ok this post actually got to me. I haven't been anywhere near supportive of Losman but I do have to admit he has been reported to be a really hard worker and really has shown committment to the community.

You're not suggesting that we had below average performance & production from our O Line are you? :D

How could anyone suggest such a thing? :w00t:

708128[/snapback]

:D. Even Willis doesn't want to talk about his bad year last year either. There is no running game w/o a passing game and conversely.

Cautiously optimistic.  That is what I am on JP.  He still has a strong arm, good feet and a healthy attitude.  Now he even has an offensive line, I hope.

708447[/snapback]

The sad thing is this is what I was thinking last year. What a waste. I am hoping, and I do think for JS to compliment him in writing is a good sign. Sullivan is not big on giving people strokes unless it is merited. Usually he is pretty fast to criticize.

Here's hoping.

Sullivan is not big on giving people strokes unless it is merited.  Usually he is pretty fast to criticize.

708605[/snapback]

Sullivan is still in a good mood from the Sabres run. He'll get back to being his usual caustic pessimistic self as soon as we get a good three day stretch of rain!

I know we need one of our QBs to step up & therefore I want it to be happening but....Oh please let it be so. :D

708040[/snapback]

It's just you. Were talking about practice...practice!!! Not a game...not a game....practice!!! What are we talking about....Practice.....

AI

What I wonder is how JP looked in camps last year. Did he look good last year on the practice field, then suck in live action? If so, then his good camp performance to date means little. However, if he struggled with reads and accuracy in camp last year, and that carried over to the field, I would be more encouraged about his improved camp performances so far this year...

Anyone have any recollection of how JP performed in camp last year?

It's just you.  Were talking about practice...practice!!!  Not a game...not a game....practice!!!  What are we talking about....Practice.....

AI

708772[/snapback]