Both WR Lelie & TE Eric Johnson have been rumored

Both have been rumored in a 3 team trade. I don't know if it they would be 2 of the 3 teams in this trade but it would make sense if they were. San Fran could stand to have a big WR and they did just draft TE Vernon Davis. Buffalo could figure to use a big time pass catching TE. This is why I'm wondering if the Bills could be in this mix. I'm trying to figure out what Denver could stand to use. Could secondary help be a need for them? If so, maybe FS Troy Vincent is expendable. Of course this would be based on the emergence of our newly acquired #1 draft pick Donte Whitner. I wouldn't be shocked if something of this nature were to unfold. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Both have been rumored in a 3 team trade. I don't know if it they would be 2 of the 3 teams in this trade but it would make sense if they were. San Fran could stand to have a big WR and they did just draft TE Vernon Davis. Buffalo could figure to use a big time pass catching TE. This is why I'm wondering if the Bills could be in this mix. I'm trying to figure out what Denver could stand to use. Could secondary help be a need for them? If so, maybe FS Troy Vincent is expendable. Of course this would be based on the emergence of our newly acquired #1 draft pick Donte Whitner. I wouldn't be shocked if something of this nature were to unfold. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

706412[/snapback]

Its never going to happen. First off we have Kevin Everett, who we will give a chance before anyone else.

Second off, I believe Whitner is a strong safety, where as Troy Vincent is a Free Safety. Marv likes a guy like Troy Vincent to be the veteran leadership of the secondary. If we were to trade Vincent then we would be looking at starting Ko Simpson or Rashad Baker. Ko Simpson will ultimately be the starter, but not this year and Baker is good in run support, but will likely end up being our back up safety.

It would be interesting if it were to happen, but it isn't going to.

Denver needs TE's badly. They just released one because of injury(wesley duke). And A coworker of mine, who's son-n-law plays TE for them (landon trusty) just went down with a Torn ACL and has been placed on IR. So they are very thin at that spot. Leslie has been rumored since then to be trade bait for a TE. Hope that helps.

706412[/snapback]

They do like vets, but I don't think they can use old man Vincent. Even if they did, I don't think they'd trade a disappointing WR with upside for a beat-up 35-year-old converted CB... they could just wait to sign him after we cut him & he clears waivers.

Lelie will be going to the Eagles.

The Bills have no interest in either player, says my source.

My source is my butthole, but he's always right.

706422[/snapback]

I think most people's sources on this site are their buttholes. i.e. SOPRANO.

I agree this is unlikely as I do not perceive we are going to simply pass on Everett and take the resulting cap penalty without even getting even a little look at what he does in pre-season camp, the fake real games against other opponents in pre-season or a the regular season.

This surrender would be to declare him such an obvious bust he never should have been recommended and drafted by scouts still with the team and we take the accelerated cap hit as well with nothing at all to show for it.

Royal is in, Everett is in, and we will need to find the 3rd TE from between Cieslak and Neufeld. The Bills seem quite comfortable with this though fans are not as they search for the next Tony Gonzalez. If Everett is such an obvious bust then why would anyone trade for him.

Folks also seem more than willing and in fact anxious to ditch Troy Vincent. This makes little football sense to me unless age causes him to suddenly hit the wall. Given he led this team last year in combined turnovers by tying for the team leads in INT and in fumbles recovered, there seem to be few objective signs that his productivity in this area is anything but best on this flawed team.

Add in that the move from zone blitz to cover 2 is toward his past stremgth in coverage (in addition to the limited cap benefit of cutting him this was why it made far more sense to cut Milloy than TV). Also, like it or not neither Simpson or Yobouty are ready to contribute to this team and drafting these young rough DBs actually enhances Vincent;s value as an omfield teacher rather than makes him a likely cut this year.

Finally, while this team does not have a definite solid #2 (though Price is likely to be this man given his tremendous #2 output for us in 2002). We do have 2 fairly definite #3 quality WRs (PP and Parrish) and 2 definite #4 quality WRs (Reed and Aiken). With the wildcard Davis (also possible #2 quality though doubtful, probably #3 quality and definite #4 quality) and younster Fast Freddy (probably #4 and definite return guy.

Why would you look to get a Leile (maybe a #2 but likely a #3) when all this means is that we likely would not upgrade WR performance with his presence and we have to cut even another pro quality WR.

Weird things happen in the trade world, but looking for Leile or Johnson seems to make little football sense.

The 3rd man mentioned in the trade is Daniel Graham, and I would much rather have him than Lelie. Pats are stupid if they make that trade, no matter how many TE's they have.

706429[/snapback]

Now i would take Graham in a heart beat.

Graham sucks, awful hands, key drops at key times... the Pats liked him so much they drafted Ben Watson in the first round to replace him.

706433[/snapback]

If he sucks that bad, maybe we can get him for Troy Vincent. ;)

Graham sucks, awful hands, key drops at key times... the Pats liked him so much they drafted Ben Watson in the first round to replace him.

706433[/snapback]

Daniel graham doesnt suck. Sure he's not tony gonzalez or Antonio Gates, or Jeremey Shockey, but he's a good/very good blocking te, with average hands. If drafting Ben Watson was an indictment on Graham then I guess they want to get rid of Ben Watson as well as they drafted 2 more te's this year.....

706412[/snapback]

If the Rams offense is any indication of what we can expect, I'm going to go out on a limb and say we don't need a pass catching TE.

If there is any truth to this proposed rumor then I would think that Denver trades Lelie to San Fran who in return trades TE Eric Johnson to team X who then compensates Denver with a player and/or draft pick(s). The New England/Daniel Graham scenario seems logical but I was thinking that Buffalo could be a possible suitor. I'm not too impressed with Vincent, especially after him not attending any of the OTAs. He is up there in age and we did draft alot of speed in the secondary this year that could possibly replace him, even if it's not Whitner. I wouldn't even mind if we sweeten the pot with a future draft pick if we could get Johnson.

I just did a little quick surfing and here's a scenario with another team that would make sense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjoP...=yhoo&type=lgns

The Titans could stand to use a pass catching TE and Denver loves RBs. If San Fran gets Lelie, Tennessee gets Johnson and Denver gets Brown then this would seem like a pretty fair and useful trade for all parties involved.

I just did a little quick surfing and here's a scenario with another team that would make sense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjoP...=yhoo&type=lgns

The Titans could stand to use a pass catching TE and Denver loves RBs. If San Fran gets Lelie, Tennessee gets Johnson and Denver gets Brown then this would seem like a pretty fair and useful trade for all parties involved.

706584[/snapback]

This certainly seems a lot more logical than the Bills giving up with no evidence on Everrett and taking the accelerated cap hit for doing this. Or giving up on their leading turnover producer last year when the scheme switch plays toward his skills and their is a definte use for him to be an on field tutor for the young DBs we have.