*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

freddy adu can go !@#$ himself if he doesnt wanna play for the US.  deport his ass back to ghana if he wants to play for them soo badly.

713099[/snapback]

That's how I feel to a degree, too, but I'm a little more pissed at Arena for not giving the kid a chance. I also thought Freddy was brought here when he was an infant or something...I didn't know he was actually raised in Ghana. Even though he's very green, a lot of people felt he should have made the trip to Germany. I was hoping he'd go, but gave the US the beneft of the doubt that they knew what they were doing. I also didn't know that Freddy was this pissed about it.

Of all the damn teams for us to lose to.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

freddy adu can go !@#$ himself if he doesnt wanna play for the US.  deport his ass back to ghana if he wants to play for them soo badly.

713099[/snapback]

???

This is the way things are in international competition. Guys who go to play for Man United don't have to play for England. There is a little more of a choice. What about all the people who aren't Americans who have won gold medals for us? I wouldn't be so rigid about it.

He is right to feel slighted (even though from what the poster said, Adu didn't really indicate that he was). And all judgement of the US squad's leadership and management can deservedly be called into question right now.

us fans here need to make like a crazed soccer country and just go ahead and murder a player for !@#$ing up during the world cup. then the national team would know we mean business and i guarantee they'd shape up in a hurry and start winning some world cup games.

us fans here need to make like a crazed soccer country and just go ahead and murder a player for !@#$ing up during the world cup. then the national team would know we mean business and i guarantee they'd shape up in a hurry and start winning some world cup games.

713323[/snapback]

:blink:;)

713323[/snapback]

In 1966, the Italian national team did not pass their group phase. They got a very warm welcome when they returned to Rome. I believe that they got egged and by their fans as they got off the bus.

Here we go, Germany!

713599[/snapback]

You like the Germans too?? Awesome 0:) I thought I was alone in that sentiment. I am German on both sides (and in the middle), so it's my natural #2 team for the WC. If the Germans go down, I'll have to get behind one of the underdog teams. But for now, GO GERMANY!!!!

You like the Germans too??  Awesome 0:)  I thought I was alone in that sentiment. I am German on both sides (and in the middle), so it's my natural #2 team for the WC. If the Germans go down, I'll have to get behind one of the underdog teams. But for now, GO GERMANY!!!!

713606[/snapback]

I'm not surprised if they win it. They're flying on all levels.

Anyhow, bring on the socceroos

I'm not surprised if they win it.  They're flying on all levels.

Anyhow, bring on the socceroos

713625[/snapback]

I've seen all but one of their matches so far, and they have had some really pretty goals. I just can't get over the irony of their coach using American sports psychology as part of his training methods. Germany scores all sorts of goals and they're fired up every single game, and the US team is just flat and uninspired. Ridiculous....

If not for this Swedish keeper, this game would be like 5-0 by now....I can't wait to see Mexico-Argentina at 3p....it's the first time I'll see argentina this WC....I've missed all their damn games so far.

I've seen all but one of their matches so far, and they have had some really pretty goals. I just can't get over the irony of their coach using American sports psychology as part of his training methods. Germany scores all sorts of goals and they're fired up every single game, and the US team is just flat and uninspired. Ridiculous....

If not for this Swedish keeper, this game would be like 5-0 by now....I can't wait to see Mexico-Argentina at 3p....it's the first time I'll see argentina this WC....I've missed all their damn games so far.

713632[/snapback]

Germany is always strong in the World Cup. They had the gall to win it on my turf 0:) . It's time to repay the favor.

Argentina is strong but the fact that they left Walter Samuel behind will cost them in the end. Leaving IMHO the top 5 defender in the world back home is an insult.

I really hope Italy brings on their best game vs Australia. Gus Hiddink, their coach is a very well respected coach and knows what it takes to win. Monday morning could be a disaster for me :lol:

Germany is always strong in the World Cup.  They had the gall to win it on my turf 0:) .  It's time to repay the favor. 

Argentina is strong but the fact that they left Walter Samuel behind will cost them in the end.  Leaving IMHO the top 5 defender in the world back home is an insult.

I really hope Italy brings on their best game vs Australia.  Gus Hiddink, their coach is a very well respected coach and knows what it takes to win.  Monday morning could be a disaster for me :lol:

713634[/snapback]

well I just hope that your game vs. the Aussies is a bit more excting than this Germany/Sweden match....The Aussies seem pretty inspired this year, so they might give you all you want. I can't see them winning, but can definitely see them giving you a good fight.

well I just hope that your game vs. the Aussies is a bit more excting than this Germany/Sweden match....The Aussies seem pretty inspired this year, so they might give you all you want. I can't see them winning, but  can definitely see them giving you a good fight.

713636[/snapback]

They have a rather weak defence.

The games will get boring now. Coaches will try to limit the amount of mistakes. The pressure is on. It's do or die.

Mex vs. argentina is off to a great start....beautiful goal by the mexicans, and then argentina gets a little luck with a Mexican own goal off a corner. Looks like both teams have come to play, though

Mex vs. argentina is off to a great start....beautiful goal by the mexicans, and then argentina gets a little luck with a Mexican own goal off a corner. Looks like both teams have come to play, though

713693[/snapback]

I'm dying to watch this game. I hate my job.

I'm dying to watch this game.  I hate my job.

713694[/snapback]

I thought you weren't working right now?? sorry, I wouldn't have posted that if I knew it would torture you, lol

I thought you weren't working right now??  sorry, I wouldn't have posted that if I knew it would torture you, lol

713696[/snapback]

It's fine. 0:)

I am working, the job I've had since I was 21. It's an easy job but the only hours i can do is when the office is closed. This is a long weekend in Quebec. While all my friends are out on the lake fishing or water skiing, i'm stuck in this office. I'm not working in my field.

I think Argentina is just too powerful. If you look at the bracket, seems like it's set up for an Italy-Argentina match. I don't wanna look ahead of Australia though.

It's fine. :lol:

I am working, the job I've had since I was 21.  It's an easy job but the only hours i can do is when the office is closed.  This is a long weekend in Quebec.  While all my friends are out on the lake fishing or water skiing, i'm stuck in this office.  I'm not working in my field.

I think Argentina is just too powerful.  If you look at the bracket, seems like it's set up for an Italy-Argentina match.  I don't wanna look ahead of Australia though.

713699[/snapback]

If Argentina beats Mexico today, I think my germans will take them out.....I'd rather see germany/Italy.....more fun 0:)

If Argentina beats Mexico today, I think my germans will take them out.....I'd rather see germany/Italy.....more fun 0:)

713700[/snapback]

Agreed. West Germany vs Italy has been a historical matchup that has happened many times in world cup history.

I can't say I would wish you as much luck as I did for Italy USA though :lol:.

This match has definitely lived up to expectations.....and that second goal by argentina was SICK....one of the more entertaining matches of the tourney so far!

This match has definitely lived up to expectations.....and that second goal by argentina was SICK....one of the more entertaining matches of the tourney so far!

713724[/snapback]

Like I said before. Argentina will pay for leaving Samuel back home. 0:)

713724[/snapback]

Very entertaining match..And the second goal was SICK...It is THE highlight goal of the tournament < so far >

You like the Germans too??  Awesome 0:)  I thought I was alone in that sentiment. I am German on both sides (and in the middle), so it's my natural #2 team for the WC. If the Germans go down, I'll have to get behind one of the underdog teams. But for now, GO GERMANY!!!!

713606[/snapback]

Excellent...on to Argentina....should be a classic.

Excellent...on to Argentina....should be a classic.

713873[/snapback]

Yep, I expect it to be a helluva match....can't wait!

Agreed.  Time for Crouch.

713876[/snapback]

Yeah, as much as that guy annoys me, they need to wake up. Although so far in the second half it looks like Rooney is starting to get a bit more aggressive. Does Beckham do anything other than corners and free kicks? He seems slow and uninvolved to me.

EDIT: Can you hear me, Beckham? Nice shot!

England is winning!? 0:)

713887[/snapback]

Ecuador had every opportunity to take the game, but they didn't get it done.

Which is what weak teams do.

713895[/snapback]

Agreed. I think England is not long for this tourney either, though. The team they reminded me of most today was the US team. Instead of taking shots when they had opportunities, they decided to make little dinky passes around the box until it was intercepted. I don't know who they play next, but don't see them getting past that match unless they wake up.

Agreed. I think England is not long for this tourney either, though. The team they reminded me of most today was the US team. Instead of taking shots when they had opportunities, they decided to make little dinky passes around the box until it was intercepted. I don't know who they play next, but  don't see them getting past that match unless they wake up.

713897[/snapback]

They'll be playing Portugal next. I would expect Portugal to win it but for the fact that their playmaker, Deco, misses that game through suspension. Could make a big difference. The refereeing in the Portugal-Holland game was appalling. Completely ruined what was turning into a great game.

It was a terrible ref'd game. Also some idiotic decisions by the players as well. Alot of those tackles were not necessary. And by now, you should know your getting an automatic yellow for time wasting.

But yes, the ref totally killed what could have been the match of the tournament. But it was still a good game.

I'm not sure what the story on Van Nistelroy was? I think we would have scored when Kuyt and others missed.