What's it Going to Take For You...

What does JP have to do to win you over?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What does JP have to do to win you over?

• Become the starter and go on to be as successful as Jack Kemp
    • Become the starter and go on to be as successful as Joe Ferguson
    • Become the starter and go on to be as successful as Jim Kelly
    • Put up Dan Fouts numbers and never get to a SuperBowl
    • Put up Dan Marino numbers and never win a SuperBowl
    • Put up Terry Bradshaw numbers and never lose a SuperBowl
    • Put up Joe Montana numbers and never lose a SuperBowl
    • Get clobbered in training camp again and have to retire
    • Nothing. He'll never be my guy and he can take the Oregon Trail to Oakland for all I care
    • Nothing. Maybe put on a Ron Mexico sweatband and get a pair of baby mommas 'cause he's already "My Guy!"

Ok, from the sublime to the ridiculous, yes. But as long as JP is on the team, we're stuck/blessed with him. Fair enough. We didn't draft him and if he fails, he'll join a growing line of TD busts.

But, assuming he's the starter (granted, a leap of logic/faith for many) what do you see him having to do to win you over? Clearly be responsible for winning 5-6 games with his skill/bravado/will/luck? Win a SB? Win multiple ones? Or, will you never accept him because you just don't like him - or he's simply not "your guy?"

Just curious.

Me, I'd like to see him get us to the Playoffs. Then I'll be thinking like he's my guy.

Personaly what he has to do is simply win more then he loses. I could care less about quaterback stats, qb ratings, td's whatever. As long as the bills win more then they lose with him at qb then I'll accept him as a quality player. I'm not impressed by #'s wins is the only thing I care about.

Ok, from the sublime to the ridiculous, yes. But as long as JP is on the team, we're stuck/blessed with him. Fair enough. We didn't draft him and if he fails, he'll join a growing line of TD busts.

But, assuming he's the starter (granted, a leap of logic/faith for many) what do you see him having to do to win you over? Clearly be responsible for winning 5-6 games with his skill/bravado/will/luck? Win a SB? Win multiple ones? Or, will you never accept him because you just don't like him - or he's simply not "your guy?"

Just curious.

Me, I'd like to see him get us to the Playoffs. Then I'll be thinking like he's my guy.

702945[/snapback]

so why didnt you put " make it to the playoffs" in your survey?

JP needs to be the general, and the rest of the offense is his soldiers. He needs to be the one who can get his soldiers to perform. Guys like Kelly and Favre can throw 5 or 6 int's in a game, and still win the game because they can get their fellow offensive mates to play for them. JP just doesn't seem like he can do that, and when he struggles, the whole offensive unit gets frusterated.

so why didnt you put " make it to the playoffs" in your survey?

702953[/snapback]

See selection #2.  :P

703063[/snapback]

I didn't read that as the same thing, but okay. I think JP will be held to the same standard as Nall, Holcomb, Klingsbury, or anyone else. Short term, make the playoffs. Long term, win it all.

I'm not going to judge Losman or any other QB based on the number of wins in the regular season, playoffs, or the Super Bowl. Dilfer has more Super Bowl rings than Kelly and Marino combined, but he's clearly not a Hall of Famer like those two.

What I expect from a quarterback in general is accuracy, consistency, ability to read the defense, and leadership. Maybe I'm asking for Losman to be something he's not.

Win football games as the starter.

I already know Holcomb can no longer play NFL level football and Nall is Mr. Prototype, minus the talent.

If Losman flops, get rid of all 3 and pick up a vet while trying again in the draft.

That being said, I expect little from the Bills this year, so throw Losman in there and let him sink or swim with some Coaches who may have an actual offensive gameplan, unlike the last 2-3 years.