We fell in love with Willis

Frez

I still love the guy to death. I think everyones perspective of him not being in a Bills uni in a few years and possibly a Miami Dolphin, well that throws some people off.

I, for one, think that if he is a good, heartfilled player, that he will most certainly have a good negotiation with his contract and will keep the 21's in the stands.

How can we fall out of love with him so fast? :doh:

He was the best and now he isn't?  :wacko:

694164[/snapback]

I think people are believing what sites are saying about Willis's character and behavior. Personally I don't see any problem with him. He's the future Rb of the Bills and he's pretty good.

He not the best in the league if that's what you means, but if you are talking about him being the best player on the Bills. I would rank him in the top 5.

1. TKO

2. Fletcher or Evans

3. Evans or Fletcher

4. McGahee

5. Vincent

Three thoughts:

-He has a huge chip on his shoulder, I think people just arn't use to it. 

-If he has a big year, there is no reason why we shouldn't pay him.

-He has the most unrealized potential on the whole team.

694288[/snapback]

Is this the last year of his contract? :wacko:

I still love the guy to death.  I think everyones perspective of him not being in a Bills uni in a few years and possibly a Miami Dolphin, well that throws some people off.

Maybe that's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Fans think he's on his way out the door to Miami, so they stop supporting him. Willis sees the lack of fan support, gets sick and tired of it, and decides to go someplace else when his contract expires.

Why would he go to Miami they have Ronnie Brown?!? Not that I think Ronnie Brown is all that great but I cant see miami paying willis big money when they drafted brown so high. I could see Willis going to the jets however. Curtis Martins age and no real future rb to speak of. However who really cares about potential if's. The fact is right now he's a Buffalo Bill at least for the next 2 years. So I'll continue to support the best player on our offense,and when our passing game improves so will his #'s.

Much ado about nothing.

I'll quote a fellow Cane Edgerrin James.

"I only went to college for 2 and a half years, but I know what voluntary means."

People want to make a big deal about Willis' lack of attendance. Add that to his recent interview answers, heap on a huge helping of offseason boredom and you get this ridiculous panic fest.

I'll make a guarantee. IF Willis runs for 1500 and 15 TDs this year, the complaints will all stop. His behavior won't change. He will still be the same "baby momma" talkin, all night partying, dim witted thug that many here are calling him. But suddenly it won't matter. Or people will make up excuses like "he must have rededicated himself" or "he must finally be maturing."

Success hides warts in the eyes of a what have you done for me lately fan....just as failure amplifies them.

Maybe that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Fans think he's on his way out the door to Miami, so they stop supporting him.  Willis sees the lack of fan support, gets sick and tired of it, and decides to go someplace else when his contract expires.

694348[/snapback]

Maybe you should put a ring on his finger and and marry him. :wacko:

Maybe you should put a ring on his finger and and marry him. :wacko:

694382[/snapback]

Actually, I thought it a reasonable point.

It's not really logical to get down on someone because they might leave.

Unless he leaves, he has my support.

A-TRAIN! TOOT! TOOT! Everybody on the A-TRAIN!

My prediction is Willis suffers some kind of injury and A-TRAIN rushes for 1,003 yards and 8 touchdowns while only fumbling 4 times at crucial game-losing moments. Then a bitter controversy starts on the Wall when Willis holds out for a bigger contract and half the people are like, "Willis sucks! He hasnt done ANYTHING!" and others are like A-TRAIN is barely good enough HE CANT BE our #1" Then a few others are like, "We should bring back Travis Henry!" and its like, "HENRY?! STFU!" and then they're like, "Why cant people on this board all just love each other and respect their opinions?" and everyone's like,"Shut up, loser, go back to your Sabres board." then he's like, "I dont even watch hockey, I'm from New Mexico." and everyone's like "Well, go screw a coyote or something."

I've seen it a million times...

People hate willis because he's from "The U" and the culture surrounding those guys is completely different that what most of posters here have ever experienced.

My guess is that everything being exactly the same, if willis cam from michigan, ohio st, or some other northern school, no one would give him crap.

to 90% of posters here, different = scary

People hate willis because he's from "The U" and the culture surrounding those guys is completely different that what most of posters here have ever experienced.

My guess is that everything being exactly the same, if willis cam from michigan, ohio st, or some other northern school, no one would give him crap.

to 90% of posters here, different = scary

694684[/snapback]

Are you serious?

The "U" is basically work-release. Why the hell you think they wear orange, yo?

OK. I'll give it a shot.

1. He doesn't live next door to ANY Waller.

2. He's never given any of us any money nor a ride in one of his spiffy new cars.

3. Talk about character - the guy won't even have a life-sized tattoo of a buffalo head put on his chest in red, white, and blue.

4. He makes more money than anyone logged in to TBD.

5. He absolutely REFUSES to run a timed 40 yd dash for the Buffalo Evening News' Reporters and won't even let them bring it up in interviews - which he doesn't do, but even if he would do an interview he wouldn't let them bring it up.

6. Not once has he given up a Saturday afternoon to bag groceries at Tops for free.

7. He doesn't like Retatta - and has said so on several occasions.

8. He doesn't know that the word "Voluntary" means "Mandatory."

9. He's done the big nasty more times than just dreaming about it while gazing at webpages of cheerleaders and half-nekkid avatars.

10. He refuses to break OJ's all time record for yards gained in a 14 game season.

It's so easy to hate a guy that's that smug. He probably doesn't care that gas is forty dollars a gallon.

There. That ought to put this to rest.

Are you serious?

The "U" is basically work-release. Why the hell you think they wear orange, yo?

694705[/snapback]

I know that as well, and being at FSU, i make fun of miami with the best of them. But what criminal act has willis done? Or is it that he comes from miami makes him somehow "more likely" to be a criminal in the future?

"Shut up, loser, go back to your Sabres board." then he's like, "I dont even watch hockey, I'm from New Mexico." and everyone's like "Well, go screw a coyote or something."

I've seen it a million times...

694479[/snapback]

:wacko::doh: Very nice......very,very nice!!!

I never fell in love with the pick nor the player's production.

I was told the guy would be amazing and to this day he isn't.

He's a good RB, don't get me wrong but he isn't all that great, or at least he still didn't show us that.

A couple of negatives IMO with his game are:

He's not reliable picking up the blitz

He's always banged up between hits.

They sold me he was great in the passing game coming out of college, the guy is just average.

I think his conditioning leaves much to be desired, maybe he carried too much weight last year.

Flame away...

Willis is a Bill and has done nothing to make me think he is a horrible player.

Why fans are trying to run him out of town, but are willing to say Ralph being to cheap to pay for decent coaching is keeping this team down is beyond me.

He is a great RB who may have a bit of a cocky attitude. So what if he has a couple children but is not with the mother, now everyone thinks he is a criminal and scum of the earth?

Marv really should let Willis go, then maybe we will see what fans a re saying when we have A-Train or another cast-off as the starter that no matter how many Pro-Bowlers our o-line has, or who the QB is, we will not be able to get a running game going.