Willis on Quite Frankly

The guy acts like he knows everything. Screw his show.

694219[/snapback]

Are you the guy in the ESPN ads getting a woodie in the parking lot?

Wow. You're the bomb.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the taping.... (And dinner @the ESPN-Zone)

Willis (at least in person) came off pretty much like a jerk or at best a dimwit., not unlike other 'U' players.... Shockey comes to mind, etc. All he really said about Buffalo was 'they gave me a chance' and rather unconvincingly 'we'll be good'. Steven A said how can you be good without a QB & Willis responded 'With a wide receiver, and a wide receiver, and a tight end, the Oline opening a hole, I'll get on my high horse and run even if they stack the line' (this is not verbatim but close). Biggest noteworthy comment was he said he felt he was going to get hurt in the Championship game vs. Ohio State and was playing 'very cautiously' (read: Dogging it) until other players started bugging him about it. I couldn't believe he admitted to it......

He also said the OSU players were going for his legs.

You can see it for yourself tonite @23:00 Eastern..... :doh:

PS: I agree with another poster that Willis is not a player that Marv will covet as a 'high character person'. :wacko:

Just got back from the taping.... (And dinner @the ESPN-Zone)

Willis (at least in person) came off pretty much like a jerk or at best a dimwit., not unlike other 'U' players....  Shockey comes to mind, etc.  All he really said about Buffalo was 'they gave me a chance' and rather unconvincingly  'we'll be good'. Steven A said how can you be good without a QB & Willis responded 'With a wide receiver, and a wide receiver, and a tight end,  the Oline opening a hole, I'll get on my high horse and run even if they stack the line' (this is not verbatim but close).  Biggest noteworthy comment was he said he felt he was going to get hurt in the Championship game vs. Ohio State and was playing 'very cautiously' (read: Dogging it) until other players started bugging him about it.  I couldn't believe he admitted to it...... 

He also said the OSU players were going for his legs. 

You can see it for yourself tonite @23:00 Eastern..... :doh:

PS: I agree with another poster that Willis is not a player that Marv will covet as a 'high character person'. :wacko:

694399[/snapback]

Thanks for the info ... about what I expected from him

Anyone see the show?

694510[/snapback]

Unfortunately, yes I did watch the show. He really sold out on our QB's. At first, McGahee didn't want to say anything negative about the QB position or any other position, but Stephen A-Hole Smith kept pressing the issue about how bad the QB's are, especially JP, and then at the very end of the interview SAS said "You need a QB!" and McGahee finally responded with a, "I know, But I'm not supposed to say it on television".

I just shook my head in disbelief. You just did say it on television, a**hole!

I really don't understand how anyone could possibly watch an hour of this show. It is painfull to listen to this retard yell everything. Willis may be the dumbest guy I have ever listened to next to Stephen Smith. Willis comes across as totally uninterested in football and the Bills in general. All of this is irrelevant of course if he can gain 1500 yards and score some touchdowns.

God willing, Quite Frankly will join the Magic Hour as a bad memory of sports figures failing at talk shows.

I really don't understand how anyone could possibly watch an hour of this show.

694572[/snapback]

You know what I don't understand? How, at 6:30 a.m., I can read through this (and other) threads, look at your avatar, and try to figure out what could possibly be wrong with having a dozen wings for breakfast.

Unfortunately, yes I did watch the show. He really sold out on our QB's. At first, McGahee didn't want to say anything negative about the QB position or any other position, but Stephen A-Hole Smith kept pressing the issue about how bad the QB's are, especially JP, and then at the very end of the interview SAS said "You need a QB!" and McGahee finally responded with a, "I know, But I'm not supposed to say it on television".

I just shook my head in disbelief. You just did say it on television, a**hole!

694524[/snapback]

did you expect differently? well, i guess it puts to rest the notion that moulds was teh only one who doesn't think much of jp. not that i put too much stock in their opinions -- moulds has his own issues and mcgahee is simply a moron.

did you expect differently? well, i guess it puts to rest the notion that moulds was teh only one who doesn't think much of jp. not that i put too much stock in their opinions -- moulds has his own issues and mcgahee is simply a moron.

694605[/snapback]

By your logic, does this mean he doesn't think much of Holcomb or Nall, either? Look at what he said...

At this point, they do indeed need a QB. No one has stepped yet and reached a consistent level of play that you want out of an NFL QB. Our hope is that out of the two young QBs on the roster, one of them will.

You know what I don't understand? How, at 6:30 a.m., I can read through this (and other) threads, look at your avatar, and try to figure out what could possibly be wrong with having a dozen wings for breakfast.

694588[/snapback]

As long as you put a little orange juice in your beer, there is absolutely nothing wrong with wings for breakfast!

By your logic, does this mean he doesn't think much of Holcomb or Nall, either?  Look at what he said...

At this point, they do indeed need a QB.  No one has stepped yet and reached a consistent level of play that you want out of an NFL QB.  Our hope is that out of the two young QBs on the roster, one of them will.

694639[/snapback]

No, you dont get it, clueless moron! :wacko:

Obviously willis wouldnt want to call JP or Nall a sure fire hall of famer on national TV and let the cat out of the bag, so of course he's going to say they suck.

I have an inside source at OBD that told me this.

Donuts, wings and a kegger at 6 a.m. It all took place during a four-year blur I like to call "the college years."

694681[/snapback]

I think I had a gimp chained up in my basement over those years, I don't remember. Willis really is a punk, and its funny he says he was running cautiously against Ohio St., because I noticed the exact same style when he was running against Tampa Bay and in a few other games. This guy will never be good in a big game, because he will never be able to match a physical defense's intensity. No, I'm not saying we cut him now, as we have no other options. But, I'd bet dollars to donuts this is his last season in Buffalo.