Willis on Quite Frankly

i saw the show. Well, the willis interview. I can't stand stephen A, so kept clicking over until willis came on.

I also saw edgerrin james interviewed on ESPN a few minutes later. My god -- Willis makes The Edge sound like Albert Einstein. Willis couldn't tell a rational story to save his life. He is almost incoherent at times, and hard to listen to. Willis did say he was not a football fan, and doesn't really follow it. When asked what he thinks about Jauron as the new coach, Willis said he seems like a nice guy.

Stephen A basically kept ragging on the Bills, Marv Levy being 80, the buffalo weather, and the lack of a QB. They kept cutting away to show replays of JP last year fumbling the ball and being sacked, while Stephen A was ragging on the Bills QB. It was pretty low class if you ask me. Willis also showed no backbone, not defending his team or his teammates, but rather going along with it.

From this show I learned that:

A) Willis dogged it in the title game against OSU, because he didn't want to get hurt

B) He isn't a football fan, and doesn't really care about it

C) he has only met jauron once

D) He won't stand up for the other players on his team, and will probably never be a team leader. Still very immature.

E) He is grateful that the Bills drafted him and gave him a chance to play.

F) He learned the hard way about saying he is the best RB in football. Now he would only say he was in the top 10, probably top 5.

Dumbest move --> Willis thought they were off camera, when stephen A said 'you need a new qb'...willis says 'yeah, i know, but i can't say that on TV'

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willis is a flat out punkass.

I'll root for him week in and week out, but he is what he is. It's rather comical if you ask me.

i saw the show.  Well, the willis interview.  I can't stand stephen A, so kept clicking over until willis came on.

I also saw edgerrin james interviewed on ESPN a few minutes later.  My god -- Willis makes The Edge sound like Albert Einstein.  Willis couldn't tell a rational story to save his life.  He is almost incoherent at times, and hard to listen to.  Willis did say he was not a football fan, and doesn't really follow it.  When asked what he thinks about Jauron as the new coach, Willis said he seems like a nice guy.

Stephen A basically kept ragging on the Bills, Marv Levy being 80, the buffalo weather, and the lack of a QB.  They kept cutting away to show replays of JP last year fumbling the ball and being sacked, while Stephen A was ragging on the Bills QB.  It was pretty low class if you ask me.  Willis also showed no backbone, not defending his team or his teammates, but rather going along with it. 

A) Willis dogged it in the title game against OSU, because he didn't want to get hurt

B)  He isn't a football fan, and doesn't really care about it

D)  He won't stand up for the other players on his team, and will probably never be a team leader.  Still very immature.

E)  He is grateful that the Bills drafted him and gave him a chance to play. 

F)  He learned the hard way about saying he is the best RB in football.  Now he would only say he was in the top 10, probably top 5.

Dumbest move -->  Willis thought they were off camera, when stephen A said 'you need a new qb'...willis says 'yeah, i know, but i can't say that on TV'

694849[/snapback]

i saw the show.  Well, the willis interview.  I can't stand stephen A, so kept clicking over until willis came on.

I also saw edgerrin james interviewed on ESPN a few minutes later.  My god -- Willis makes The Edge sound like Albert Einstein.  Willis couldn't tell a rational story to save his life.  He is almost incoherent at times, and hard to listen to.  Willis did say he was not a football fan, and doesn't really follow it.  When asked what he thinks about Jauron as the new coach, Willis said he seems like a nice guy.

Stephen A basically kept ragging on the Bills, Marv Levy being 80, the buffalo weather, and the lack of a QB.  They kept cutting away to show replays of JP last year fumbling the ball and being sacked, while Stephen A was ragging on the Bills QB.  It was pretty low class if you ask me.  Willis also showed no backbone, not defending his team or his teammates, but rather going along with it. 

B)  He isn't a football fan, and doesn't really care about it

D)  He won't stand up for the other players on his team, and will probably never be a team leader.  Still very immature.

E)  He is grateful that the Bills drafted him and gave him a chance to play. 

F)  He learned the hard way about saying he is the best RB in football.  Now he would only say he was in the top 10, probably top 5.

Dumbest move -->  Willis thought they were off camera, when stephen A said 'you need a new qb'...willis says 'yeah, i know, but i can't say that on TV'

694849[/snapback]

"Willis did say he was not a football fan, and doesn't really follow it."

So THAT'S why he said he's the best.....he doesn't know his league peers!

Quick point of reference: Curtis Martin has said numerous times (in fact on a dvd I own called "Athletes in Action: Breakfast of Champions" available on aia.org I think) does not like football, and when he retires will most likely go into the hall of fame. So, for those who think liking football (or any job) means you can't be good at it, I believe you're mistaken.

Also, if being eloquent was a prereq for being a football player, Willis should have been an UDFA and Denzel Washington's kid shoud've gone 1st overall...

That being said, continue with the lynchin'. I'll get outta the way of the pitchforks and torches...

I dont think we shold abandon hope in this guy at all since like somebody stated earlier, all this means jack sh*t if he runs for 1500 and 10+ tds....but i will say that i am not impressed at all and a lil bit dissapointed cause this is more bad publicity for the bills. Nobody would dare talk about beating KC or cinncinatti IN cincy....... and much less that JP came into that KC game and played well enough to bag the win. I hate this bias almost as much as the radical liberal media. If you have an argument, great. But ignoring the argument of your opponent completely makes you come off as a complete dipsh*t!

:doh:

that's what i've been saying all along! enjoy the comedy -- he's made may a more entertaining football month than it usually is.

694938[/snapback]

agreed. Willis is a punk ass thug. But ya know what? As long as he continues to bring it on fall sundays, i could care less what he does (provided its not criminal), and i'll wear his jersey week in and week out (ok, every other week, as i rotate it with my TKO throwback).

Go willis, you da man, take us to the promised land!

It seems like the people who rag on Willis the most are some of the biggest JP defenders.

It is humorous that some people feel compelled to trash Willis in an attempt to deflect blame from JP. It reminds me of what Mularkey tried to do.

I watched the show last night. Willis did say that he had a feeling that he was going to get hurt during the OSU/Terry Porter game. He said that the OSU players were going for his knees. (In fact, that is how he got hurt). Although Willis did not say this last night, some of you who have called him a "moron" probably do not know that he actually took out an insurance policy before the game that would have paid him somewhere between $2 and $5 million. Pretty smart if you ask me.

He said that he cried and did not think that he would be able to play again. He said that he comes from a Christian family and that they all prayed. He decided to have the surgery the next day rather than wait two weeks as most people do. He started rehab almost immediately after he woke up.

He is grateful that the Buffalo Bills gave him a chance. He likes Dick Jauron and thinks he is a nice man. He thinks that he is one of the top backs in the league, but not the best back. Stephen A. also thinks that he is one of the best backs in the league.

Willis did not go out the way to trash JP or anyone else. Stephen A. kept on pressing the point that the Bills need a QB. Most of the people in the world agree on this point. The QB play last year was nothing to brag about. In the end, all Willis said was "I know."

It is quite apparent that those of you who do not like Willis will continue to look for reasons to trash him. It is a wonder that Willis has been as productive as he has been given the poor offensive line play and the lack of QB production. How many times did other teams stack the line because of our lack of passing threat. How many times was first contact behind the line of scrimmage. If the offensive line and QB (JP, KH, CN, or someone else) play up to Willis' level, the offense should be pretty darn good.

It seems like the people who rag on Willis the most are some of the biggest JP defenders.

It is humorous that some people feel compelled to trash Willis in an attempt to deflect blame from JP.  It reminds me of what Mularkey tried to do.

I watched the show last night.  Willis did say that he had a feeling that he was going to get hurt during the OSU/Terry Porter game.  He said that the OSU players were going for his knees. (In fact, that is how he got hurt).  Although Willis did not say this last night, some of you who have called him a "moron" probably do not know that he actually took out an insurance policy before the game that would have paid him somewhere between $2 and $5 million.  Pretty smart if you ask me.

He said that he cried and did not think that he would be able to play again.  He said that he comes from a Christian family and that they all prayed.  He decided to have the surgery the next day rather than wait two weeks as most people do.  He started rehab almost immediately after he woke up.

He is grateful that the Buffalo Bills gave him a chance.  He likes Dick Jauron and thinks he is a nice man.   He thinks that he is one of the top backs in the league, but not the best back.  Stephen A. also thinks that he is one of the best backs in the league.

Willis did not go out the way to trash JP or anyone else.  Stephen A. kept on pressing the point that the Bills need a QB.  Most of the people in the world agree on this point.  The QB play last year was nothing to brag about.  In the end, all Willis said was "I know."

It is quite apparent that those of you who do not like Willis will continue to look for reasons to trash him.  It is a wonder that Willis has been as productive as he has been given the poor offensive line play and the lack of QB production.  How many times did other teams stack the line because of our lack of passing threat.  How many times was first contact behind the line of scrimmage.  If the offensive line and QB (JP, KH, CN, or someone else) play up to Willis' level, the offense should be pretty darn good.

694973[/snapback]

methinks you doth protest too much (although since you're a cane yourself, i certainly understand your protectiveness of him). i think most here would agree that he's a pretty good back who isn't a criminal. yet they also (correctly) think that like many professional athletes, he is about as dumb as a post. i'm sure there are some other bills who are pretty dumb too -- the nfl is filled with such people -- but they don't appear on crappy espn shows all the time. mcgahee does -- this is about his fourth that i know of in the last year. perhaps if he learned to say no to appearing on these dumb shows and refused to do personality/lifestyle interviews for local florida-based newspapers with no interest whatsoever in the bills, he could keep his relative lack of intelligence under wraps.

by the way, i have nothing against miami players at all -- the school has produced a ton of great pros.

they have produced a ton of great pros...and cons

Well put!

Levy and the Bills brass will be watching Willis closely. As a rule, you won't find literati at RB, especially from Florida colleges.

Well put!

Levy and the Bills brass will be watching Willis closely. As a rule, you won't find literati at RB, especially from Florida colleges.

Nor here.........