Flashback- Does anyone remember what it was like

I remember going to the Armed Force's Induction center Main/North streets! They gave us a lunch voucher good at the Anchor Bar. That was Viet Nam era before anybody knew what the fu*k a chicken wing was.

I never have gone back to the Anchor Bar, or Viet Nam for that matter! :w00t:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At that age is when I started travelling..Brings back memories of road trips to the norteast kingdom in vermont, and eating italian fried chicken wings in brooklyn and going to nightclubs underage... Hung my head out the window from ny to mass, never eat chicken wings at sully's in brooklyn...

Today's my birthday and I'm officially 17 now. :lol:

685003[/snapback]

Lots of beer and pot; it was 1970, and a dime bag really was $10. :w00t:

Happy Birthday. Have fun but be careful. That is the parent in me talking! :lol:

At that age is when I started travelling..Brings back memories of road trips to the norteast kingdom in vermont, and eating italian fried chicken wings in brooklyn and going to nightclubs underage... Hung my head out the window from ny to mass, never eat chicken wings at sully's in brooklyn...

685295[/snapback]

NorthEast Kingdom of Vermont... Kinda like the New England's version of Deliverance country :P:P ... My brother-in-law is from around there... I get him going all the time... :w00t::lol:

Funny, because my sister lives close to there now (Enosburg Falls) and they might be moving to WV because of her husband's pending job move...

Oh... Happy birthday LSI!... :lol::)

I remember going to the Armed Force's Induction center Main/North streets!  They gave us a lunch voucher good at the Anchor Bar.  That was Viet Nam era before anybody knew what the fu*k a chicken wing was.

I never have gone back to the Anchor Bar, or Viet Nam for that matter! :w00t:

685277[/snapback]

Got something against dog wings?

I remember what it was like and I am just fine and dandy where I am now. For those of you over 30 and say you long for 17 are either nuts or have to review what you've done with you life the past 20-30 years.

17 was fun but 45 is great! :w00t:

Personally, I'm quite happy at my current age (25). However, it would be great to go back to 17 knowing some of the things I know now. I would have made a lot fewer mistakes :w00t: . But I guess that's part of the growth process. Have a good birthday and treat yourself to an R-rated movies filled with violence and lots of nudity. :lol:

I remember what it was like and I am just fine and dandy where I am now.  For those of you over 30 and say you long for 17 are either nuts or have to review what you've done with you life the past 20-30 years. 

17 was fun but 45 is great!  :w00t:

685330[/snapback]

My mother just turned 60 and says the same thing. I just look at her like she's crazy. But she says she no longer has to worry about what people think and just does whatever she pleases.

Personally, I'm quite happy at my current age (25).  However, it would be great to go back to 17 knowing some of the things I know now.  I would have made a lot fewer mistakes  :w00t: .  But I guess that's part of the growth process.  Have a good birthday and treat yourself to an R-rated movies filled with violence and lots of nudity.  :lol:

685331[/snapback]

Bah.

Treat yourself to violence and nudity, and to hell with a movie.

NorthEast Kingdom of Vermont... Kinda like the New England's version of Deliverance country :P  :P ...  My brother-in-law is from around there... I get him going all the time... :w00t:  :lol:

Funny, because my sister lives close to there now (Enosburg Falls) and they might be moving to WV because of her husband's pending job move...

Oh... Happy birthday LSI!... :lol:  :)

685323[/snapback]

Ya thats hick country, but the closest to the deliverance is a good chunk of maine... Tar paper shacks with washing machines and rusting automobiles in the weeds...I was 80 miles west of bar harbor, fishing a tributary of the penobscot river, and ran into the local teens giging frogs, turtles, and we talked a little bit.. They said the paper mill in town closed and they're bringing home groceries to their families.... Rugged people, they also mentioned running down a deer and jumping out of the truck and finishing the still alive deer with a bat... When a maine widlife officer interrupted them, they made a deal on the spot to split the carcass with the cop..You from around here, sound like a flatlander :P

wow, that long ago?

685398[/snapback]

No, just better drugs.

I sorta remember my 19th, though.

I was sitting on the DMZ in a Sheridan looking through a starlight over the 50 cal, and a bud brought me a joint and a beer.

I remember what it was like and I am just fine and dandy where I am now.  For those of you over 30 and say you long for 17 are either nuts or have to review what you've done with you life the past 20-30 years. 

17 was fun but 45 is great!  :w00t:

685330[/snapback]

There's actually a well-known study that found the majority of people do NOT wish to go back to beign younger if they could, and they generally become happier as they age. I know that even though the events of my life have been kinda sh------- over the past couple of years, I'm much more comfortable and happy with the 33 y.o. version of me than I was the 17 y.o. version.

God what I wouldn't give to be 17 again...I'm not even old yet (will be 25 later this year), but god damnit, don't let a day pass without enjoying every second of it...i miss those days

685173[/snapback]

I'm only 26, but I wouldn't go back and do it again

living at home with my parents, high school exams, college apps...ugh

college was ridiculously fun, but i'd hate to go through all the engineering exams again

There's actually a well-known study that found the majority of people do NOT wish to go back to beign younger if they could, and they generally become happier as they age. I know that even though the events of my life have been kinda sh------- over the past couple of years, I'm much more comfortable and happy with the 33 y.o. version of me than I was the 17 y.o. version.

685440[/snapback]

Can we maybe caveat that with having a few 18 year old girls around?