Hey WGR, lose him!

If you check your ratings, post draft in the 10 am -12 pm timeslot, I'm betting no one is listnening anymore.

Lose Cowheard. He sucks, he blows and after the bashing he has laid on us relentlessly since Ol Ralphie hired Ol Marv and now with the draft I hope he is tuned out in this town.

How about listening to music? I'm assuming this is radio.

There are also C-SPAN feeds that are fairly neutral, and if one is not interested in the issue at hand, it's a flick of the dial. Geeze, is there a world beyond Buffalo?

All in all, I'd go for music.

How about listening to music? I'm assuming this is radio.

There are also C-SPAN feeds that are fairly neutral, and if one is not interested in the issue at hand, it's a flick of the dial. Geeze, is there a world beyond Buffalo?

All in all, I'd go for music.

681556[/snapback]

Thank God for Sirius.

beerme has a point about Cowherd, though -- consistently the worst programming on ESPNRadio.

dan patrick is on at 1 pm(at least in richmond), cowherd is on in the am(at least in richmond), and just because someone trashes the bills is no excuse to get rid of him.....heres an idea, get satellite radio and you will have the world at your fingertips

How bout trying Dan Patrick's show?

681545[/snapback]

dan patrick is on at 1 pm(at least in richmond), cowherd is on in the am(at least in richmond), and just because someone trashes the bills is no excuse to get rid of him.....heres an idea, get satellite radio and you will have the world at your fingertips

681618[/snapback]

I have Sirius in the car. Can't get the NFL net or the two hours of NHL when I'm in the office for two reasons, one Sirius doesn't put the NFL channel online and two, work doesn't want us using streaming feeds.

The time issue may be a problem though :P

and two, work doesn't want us using streaming feeds.

681636[/snapback]

Pssstt.... you didn't hear this from me, but get yourself some speakers, and an old radio, large enough to hide the speakers behind. Hook speakers to work computer and start streaming. If someone comes by and questions if you're listening to streaming, just point at the old radio and say nope.

you didn't hear it from me either, but bring your home kit to work with a pair of speakers, your computer should have an fm transmitter in it and if you can get a signal you can listen to the actual sattellite feeds and not the streaming. of cource here at the "city" we get good reception indoors thanks to the repeaters that act as antennaes for us, they kind of encourage us to use these products.

Pssstt.... you didn't hear this from me, but get yourself some speakers, and an old radio, large enough to hide the speakers behind. Hook speakers to work computer and start streaming. If someone comes by and questions if you're listening to streaming, just point at the old radio and say nope.

681678[/snapback]

ESPN Radio has a channel on Sirius. I refuse to listen to Cowherd at all, because I think he's an idiot.

They traded Tony Kornheiser for this clown?

Cowherd is really ESPN Radio's only weak link, but for Kornheiser? Please.

Mike

I listen to music.

I didn't jerk my dick and sign up for Sirius.

I haven't heard anything in about 10-15 years that resulted in any better insight that I could find for myself.

But, well, hell...if it's new and people can really say !@#$ it must be cool and important!

I listen to music.

I haven't heard anything in about 10-15 years that resulted in any better insight that I could find for myself.

But, well, hell...if it's new and people can really say !@#$ it must be cool and important!

682812[/snapback]

Remember where I live. My main radio choices are K94 (soft rock favorites), Cool100 ("High Energy Rockin' Oldies"), and the Big Pig ("Sizzlin' Country")... and the first two appear to be on a permanent eight-hour loop. So while I can crank up the computer (and my long list of ripped CDs) at home, in the car I'm either flippin' discs or futilely mashing the 'seek' button in the forlorn hope of finding something listenable for more than a ten-minute stretch.

The Sirius setup has been more than worth the $$$, and I can't stand Howard Stern.

Thank God for Sirius.

beerme has a point about Cowherd, though -- consistently the worst programming on ESPNRadio.

681615[/snapback]

Since they got rid of Tod Wright, the overnight guy, this is very true...anyone know the story of why Wright got the ax? He was awful. He was on for about 10 years. Valvannos' brother is pretty tedious to listen to as well, but kind of "nice guy radio", it never offends, or interests!

Side note on Wright: about 8 years ago, ESPN was my only sport talk option. I would listen to Wright every night, lying in bed, thinking what an idiot he was! I emailed him a few times, and politely, told him he was kind of an idiot, but I kept listening...he responded with lots of cursing and insults. It was kind of a fun back and forth for a few days.

Does it make me a bad person that the only called his show twice. The first time was to play some tired sports trivia contest, to win a pair of Cowboys/Raiders game tickets in Dallas, Wrights own personal tickets. He couldn't go to the game that coming weekend.

I won the tickets, he overnighted them to me. They were fantastic seats (maybe the best I have ever had for an NFL game).

The following week I called him for the seceond time to "reveal myself" to him. Thanked him for the tickets, and told him I was the one he was skirmishing with via email...he was kind of pissed, and sent me a nasty email a few days later, asking me not to do him a favor, and not listen! I only wish that I had thought to tape a note somewhere on his seat, that he might have found at the next game!:doh:

I listen to music.

682812[/snapback]

I got it because I travel quite a bit and the NFL channel also. It's so much better when driving in a strange city that you don't need to keep hitting that seek button trying to find something you want to listen to.

I got it because I travel quite a bit and the NFL channel also. It's so much better when driving in a strange city that you don't need to keep hitting that seek button trying to find something you want to listen to.

683121[/snapback]

Same story here pretty much. But it sucks that they only have 2 hours a day of NHL on 123 The good part is that Zig usually plays up Buffalo a lot! :w00t:

Since they got rid of Tod Wright, the overnight guy, this is very true...anyone know the story of why Wright got the ax?  He was awful. He was on for about 10 years.  Valvannos' brother is pretty tedious to listen to as well, but kind of "nice guy radio", it never offends, or interests!

Side note on Wright:  about 8 years ago, ESPN was my only sport talk option.  I would listen to Wright every night, lying in bed, thinking what an idiot he was!  I emailed him a few times, and politely, told him he was kind of an idiot, but I kept listening...he responded with lots of cursing and insults.  It was kind of a fun back and forth for a few days. 

Does it make me a bad person that the only called his show twice.  The first time was to play some tired sports trivia contest, to win a pair of Cowboys/Raiders game tickets in Dallas, Wrights own personal tickets.  He couldn't go to the game that coming weekend. 

I won the tickets, he overnighted them to me.  They were fantastic seats (maybe the best I have ever had for an NFL game). 

The following week I called him for the seceond time to "reveal myself" to him.  Thanked him for the tickets, and told him I was the one he was skirmishing with via email...he was kind of pissed, and sent me a nasty email a few days later, asking me not to do him a favor, and not listen!  I only wish that I had thought to tape a note somewhere on his seat, that he might have found at the next game!:w00t:

682947[/snapback]

I used to love "radio in bed" when I was in Grade school. Anyone remember 1on1 Sports? I think they got bought out by Sporting News or something. Bob Kemp late night was terrific. ESPN was good 10 years ago when Tony Bruno and Peter Brown were there- they were both hilarious.

Everything I've heard recently from ESPN to Fox to anything in Philly, sucks.

I'm glad the online streaming thing is catching on - Schopp on WGR and Mike & Dogg on WFAN are about as good as it gets.