Hey WGR, lose him!

Remember where I live. My main radio choices are K94 (soft rock favorites), Cool100 ("High Energy Rockin' Oldies"), and the Big Pig ("Sizzlin' Country")... and the first two appear to be on a permanent eight-hour loop. So while I can crank up the computer (and my long list of ripped CDs) at home, in the car I'm either flippin' discs or futilely mashing the 'seek' button  in the forlorn hope of finding something listenable for more than a ten-minute stretch.

The Sirius setup has been more than worth the $$$, and I can't stand Howard Stern.

682851[/snapback]

Sorry for sounding harsh.

When that thing came up, I know about 20 people to run out and get it simply because it was "new". I'd be willing to bet 15 of them never listened to it more than one or two times.

Plus, all that grumpy old me needs is C-Span and a mellow jazz station.

Why just one jazz station when you can have three with Sirus?  :w00t: Plus they do carry C-Span Radio.

683446[/snapback]

I don't spend that much time in the car. Was probably the only person around Washington, DC that didn't have a long bad commute. 10 minutes to work. And since over the years I've learned to hate driving, if I go much further, I fly.

Sorry for sounding harsh.

When that thing came up, I know about 20 people to run out and get it simply because it was "new". I'd be willing to bet 15 of them never listened to it more than one or two times.

Plus, all that grumpy old me needs is C-Span and a mellow jazz station.

683440[/snapback]

I actually thought you were being sarcastic with the C Span comment :blush:

But I guarantee you based on mine and people I know experience with sat radio, 19 out of 20 will re up when their subscription expires.

And I enjoy catching FOX, C Span as well as themed music less or no commercials and on and on. There are benefits to be had, especially if you are on the road all day and travelling town to town and going through backwoods etc.