West Coast Draft Party Postmortem

I'm finally back and almost recovered from AKC's Bills Draft party high in Pine Mountain. What a time it was.

First of all, let me point out that AKC and his awesome wife are the best hosts ever. They have a terrific place that's disgustingly well-stocked (well...WAS well stocked :D ). They are as gracious and giving as anyone I've ever met. They let us bums get trashed in their place...well, actually they MADE us bums get trashed in their place...and then nursed us back the next day (only to get us re-trashed later).

I think AKC may be "KING of Pine Mountain". Everyone knows him, and actually seem to like and respect him...clearly there are no Pats trolls up there. :P His friends were all first-rate, his dog, Chilly is my new girlfriend (she crapped in my room!) and he introduced us to a great bar, Madd Baileys. (BTW, I met a recently displaced Orchard Park fellow at the bar, who looked like he was Bat Boy's dad...really.)

Kelly the Fox News Dog was splendid as a chauffer and road and party companion. He provided his far and balanced commentary and helped heep me from jumping off the mountain early in the draft. Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame Legend, Big Bob Lamb was in his usual top form. He was stilll with AKC when Kelly and I left, so who knows when he'll stop partying.

I will admit to being as hungover (or something) yesterday as I've been in 20 or more years. But...I've fought through it and am ready to do that again...in a few years...maybe.

I'll share my take on the draft later on the main board (not that anyone cares). But, I'm fired-up for the 1-10 defense (or perhaps it's the 2-9).

Thanks again to AKC, Sherry and all who helped make The Dean a very happy buzzed boy.

You and JSP have something in common!  :P

681455[/snapback]

I just noticed JSP's reference...pretty funny!

Did Kelly the Dog mention AKC's name for your handle? Rouhnie Knotte :D

BTW, who the hell are you? (Old handle)...or do we have to guess?

BTW, who the hell are you?  (Old handle)...or do we have to guess?

681463[/snapback]

I retired my old name....I'm not one of the MOST well known posters...let's put it this way: The draft killed my old name! :P

How far did you guys get on the Manifesto?

And more to the point...should I have someone else get my mail?

Kelly the Fox pooch can get pretty creative at times...

681464[/snapback]

Kelly was typing away both Saturday and Sunday afternoon...so he may have been working on that doc. I had no input, to my knowledge. I was too busy doing a little work, but mostly concocting new drinks and reasons to do shots.

LOL

you need to pipe down, having the big screen next to the grill and pool whilst we in the northeast freeze our nutz off in football season.

:P

681580[/snapback]

It's not all lollipops and giggles around here. I spent ALL DAY yesterday without an illegal to help with my yardwork.

Oh, the pain. The pain.

Kelly the Fox News Dog was splendid as a chauffer and road and party companion.

681452[/snapback]

Hopefully he found a better parking place this year. :P

I was beginning to wonder if we should send out a search party for y'all...

It's not all lollipops and giggles around here. I spent ALL DAY yesterday without an illegal to help with my yardwork.

Oh, the pain. The pain.

681582[/snapback]

The humanity! Who picked the oranges from the tree in your backyard?!?!

The humanity! Who picked the oranges from the tree in your backyard?!?!

681586[/snapback]

I hired some illegal asians, which wouldn't have been so bad if not for the fact that they could only grab the really low-hanging fruit.

I'm finally back and almost recovered from AKC's Bills Draft party high in Pine Mountain.  What a time it was.

First of all, let me point out that AKC and his awesome wife are the best hosts ever.  They have a terrific place that's disgustingly well-stocked (well...WAS well stocked  :D ).  They are as gracious and giving as anyone I've ever met.  They let us bums get trashed in their place...well, actually they MADE us bums get trashed in their place...and then nursed us back the next day (only to get us re-trashed later).

I think AKC may be "KING of Pine Mountain".  Everyone knows him, and actually seem to like and respect him...clearly there are no Pats trolls up there.  :P  His friends were all first-rate, his dog, Chilly is my new girlfriend (she crapped in my room!) and he introduced us to a great bar, Madd Baileys.  (BTW, I met a recently displaced Orchard Park fellow at the bar, who looked like he was Bat Boy's dad...really.)

Kelly the Fox News Dog was splendid as a chauffer and road and party companion.  He provided his far and balanced commentary and helped heep me from jumping off the mountain early in the draft.  Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame Legend, Big Bob Lamb was in his usual top form.  He was stilll with AKC when Kelly and I left, so who knows when he'll stop partying.

I will admit to being as hungover (or something) yesterday as I've been in 20 or more years.  But...I've fought through it and am ready to do that again...in a few years...maybe. 

I'll share my take on the draft later on the main board (not that anyone cares).  But, I'm fired-up for the 1-10 defense (or perhaps it's the 2-9).

Thanks again to AKC, Sherry and all who helped make The Dean a very happy buzzed boy.

681452[/snapback]

I concur. It was a blast. AKC and Sherry are outrageously good hosts. The shots-per-waking-man-hour were on a historic rate for three straight days. The house, the guests, and virtually everyone here was trashed at some point.

I like Sherry already. Already know AKC is a class act.

Not any board BS dumb post insuation jokes...

I love a wife who doesn't "know no strangers".

I was married to one.

Sounds like a great time.

I just realized my wife has a recital the next day.  Now I don't know if I can make it.  :D

681690[/snapback]

Anything to get out of cooking.

I hired some illegal asians, which wouldn't have been so bad if not for the fact that they could only grab the really low-hanging fruit.

681595[/snapback]

Watch it. You said asians. It's only a matter of time that you get called a racist.

No, that'll be orientals.  :D

681734[/snapback]

I ordered some tea smoked duck for delivery.

OK, I know delivery sucks...

But I got free dumplings with my order,

I know a place...

This one is closer to you....

Finger Lakes Wine Festival

Just remember to have a DD. The Troopers set up at the exits of the parking lot and stop everyone for a "little chat". If they don't like your answers, you have to blow.

682127[/snapback]

The Finger Lakes area is making some very nice wines these days and the scenery is wonderful. There is a great article in this month's Wine Spectator about NY wines and they call the Finger Lake's Reislings some of the best this side of the Atlantic. I could see myself retiring there and spending my winters in the Caribbean. Come on stock options. :D

681595[/snapback]

Send them back to Mexico. :P