I know I'm kind of in the minority (I think)

I never really liked NFL divisions only having four teams in them. I personally like them better with 5. To me, it seems like with four teams, too much of the win loss record is biased based on competition from outside the division.

I personally would love to see the NFL go to 40 teams with 5 teams in each division. I think there are ample cities out there that are able to support NFL teams.

In my opinion, I would like to see teams in:

Los Angeles (2) - Once the NFL goes back there, it'll work. Especially in new stadiums and with how far the league has come. It's popularity is off the charts and, IMO, even though people bash the LA football market, every game will be sold out in both places, as long as it's not the ghetto.

San Antonio - They showed they could adopt and support the Saints on short notice. They'd do fine with an NFL team also. Would take some time to uproot some feelings about the Cowboys, but they'd get it done eventually.

Las Vegas - Growing area. Big time glamour. I'm not sure why everyone is so scared of putting a team here. Corruption can occur anywhere, at any time, and by any method. This is a big money area, and a team would thrive here.

Toronto - I don't think this would hurt the Bills one bit. It would be even better if they were in Buffalo's division. In down years, each teams fan base would fill the other teams stadium for both games. Even though Canadians seem to be a decent fan base for the Bills, if the Bills field competitive teams, the stadium will fill in Orchard Park.

Calgary - One other city to get an NFL in to International territory. Maybe this could even be Mexico City? But Calgary is just like an American city and would fit in to the NFC nice and make a good rival to Seattle.

Norfolk - IMO, this is one of the biggest untapped markets in the country. When you drive across the Norfolk, Hampton, Va Beach, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and even Williamsburg up to the Richmond areas......it is full of money and population. If the Tidewater area was one city, which it should be, it is like a major metropolis. Not only is there money in VA, it's growing at outrageous rates. If Buffalo can house an NFL team, believe me, the Tidewater area is in much better shape than the city of Buffalo economically.

Portland - Seems the Portland market is clamoring for another team. Their NBA team seems to do well and they are always mentioned in baseball. I don't know much about Portland, so maybe I'm off on this one.

Radical - Yeah Kinda. But I think it would be cool to introduce a few new markets, along with LA, and Canada. I think it would be cool. I would also re-draw the divisions.

Just a thought!

From a Bills fan perspective you should have only two different feelings about expansion

1. More cities w/ more teams means less places to which the Bills can move.

2. More teams means less of a chance the Bills will win the Super Bowl or have any success.

From a Bills fan perspective you should have only two different feelings about expansion

1. More cities w/ more teams means less places to which the Bills can move.

2. More teams means less of a chance the Bills will win the Super Bowl or have any success.

681254[/snapback]

1. Bingo

2. True, but also more chances at playoff games. The playoffs would have to expand just a tad.

Expansion is killing baseball and would kill football. It dilutes the talent pool and would produce an inferior product on the field. I am very anti expansion and would love to see contraction in baseball

Los Angeles (2) - Once the NFL goes back there, it'll work.  Especially in new stadiums and with how far the league has come.  It's popularity is off the charts and, IMO, even though people bash the LA football market, every game will be sold out in both places, as long as it's not the ghetto.

681248[/snapback]

LA can not support one team, let alone two, unless both are consistent winners or one of them is the Raiders. It just won't happen. Most people here are not from here, so if they love football, they already have a team. Also, you're more likely to sell out in the bad parts of town than the good parts of town because the gangbangers need a place to hang.

LA can not support one team, let alone two, unless both are consistent winners or one of them is the Raiders. It just won't happen. Most people here are not from here, so if they love football, they already have a team. Also, you're more likely to sell out in the bad parts of town than the good parts of town because the gangbangers need a place to hang.

681262[/snapback]

"Crips Stadium"

Portland - Seems the Portland market is clamoring for another team.  Their NBA team seems to do well and they are always mentioned in baseball.  I don't know much about Portland, so maybe I'm off on this one.

Radical - Yeah Kinda.  But I think it would be cool to introduce a few new markets, along with LA, and Canada.  I think it would be cool.  I would also re-draw the divisions. 

681248[/snapback]

Where is this "Radical"? I've never heard of that city.

so, you want 400 more players - who are currently not good enough for the NFL to now be NFL caliber? Sounds like a plan. :P

681290[/snapback]

Yes I do. It doesn't seem to hurt college football. You could argue right now that their are 8 benched QB's in the NFL better than all three of ours. I'm sure there is other talent out there at other postions. College football is played at a high level every Saturday. I hate the diluted player pool excuse. I don't really think it holds water.

Most people here are not from here, so if they love football, they already have a team.

681262[/snapback]

i have heard this arguement before, and i agree with it, but the same is true with Phoenix, Dallas, and Atlanta. How are these cities so capable of supporting an NFL team yet LA cannot?

i have heard this arguement before, and i agree with it, but the same is true with Phoenix, Dallas, and Atlanta.  How are these cities so capable of supporting an NFL team yet LA cannot?

681315[/snapback]

LA will be fine. It's just a popular thing to say. I guarantee LA will be fine next time they get a team. I mean, the Raiders don't get support in Oakland. Maybe that actually has something to do with the teams fan base, not playing in LA.

LA will be fine next time they get a team. I'd be willing to bet they'll have a long waiting list for season tix also.

Lv - I was thinking along these lines. It would be interesting. However, I think Canada would not be too receptive to NFL teams, and I don't think Mexico has the money to. Also, opening up the league internationally would only increase the number of places for the Bills to go. How about the Montreal Bills?

Also, I may be talking out of my rear, but i think Hampton Roads is generally a poor, military-based area much like Jacksonville.

Expansion is killing baseball and would kill football.  It dilutes the talent pool and would produce an inferior product on the field.  I am very anti expansion and would love to see contraction in baseball

681261[/snapback]

Baseball is setting attendance records annually.

681262[/snapback]

You think Anaheim would be a better fit for the NFL then LA?? Just curious what you thought about that

WAIT! WAIT! WHAT IF...

Every city in the world had a football team! Then it would be the Planetary Football League and we could incorporate every sport into it so we didnt dilute the talent pool--then! Then! Then we have a 20 year playoff schedule where every team makes the playoffs and wins the championship and we all speak Chinese and live at the bottom of the ocean?

YES! YES! I'm STOKED!

Norfolk - IMO, this is one of the biggest untapped markets in the country.  When you drive across the Norfolk, Hampton, Va Beach, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and even Williamsburg up to the Richmond areas......it is full of money and population.  If the Tidewater area was one city, which it should be, it is like a major metropolis.  Not only is there money in VA, it's growing at outrageous rates.  If Buffalo can house an NFL team, believe me, the Tidewater area is in much better shape than the city of Buffalo economically.

681248[/snapback]

Norfolk/Hampton Roads/Tidewater or whatever you want to call it couldn't handle an NFL team. It'd be a great spot for MLB or NBA, but as a resident of VA Beach I don't see this area as a viable NFL market

the NFL has too many teams, expanding to Houston and giving Cleveland back a team were mistakes

30 teams with 3 div of 5 with 2 wildcard teams in each conference was perfect...4 div's of 4 teams is just dumb....40 would be even worse