The debates tonight!! !@#$!!!

stevestojan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that would make then a "Backwoods Moron" At least to some one here.

51491[/snapback]

It's not "here" anymore Toto, it's in.....the other place.....knew that one was coming, and I like the psychiatry.

FWIW, cool move....

I...uh...had an argument with a total idiot on the internet about tonight's TV schedule...  :huh:

<...slinks off...>

51474[/snapback]

I'd rather be what you, a complete biggot, would call an idiot, that be just that - a biggot. But Tom, you had the nerve to use the N-word openly. Too bad now you cant have the balls to actually admit it.

I guess you are the exact example of backwoods moron I was referring to.

So stevestojan you gonna watch the debates tonight?  I stopped reading after page 6 and I really not sure what all is going on in here.  But I was looking for your view on this.

51506[/snapback]

Well go back, and consolidate your opinion then!

I'd rather be what you, a complete biggot, would call an idiot, that be just that - a biggot. But Tom, you had the nerve to use the N-word openly. Too bad now you cant have the balls to actually admit it.

51503[/snapback]

Would you please help me understand why you feel it's wrong to call people "&#33;@#&#036;s" but it's perfectly okay for you to call people "backwoods morons?"

Please tell me what the difference is, because if he did use that reference, it was probably as a comparative point to the way you assign names to a group of people. Douche. Backwoods morons. People who have never been with a woman.

Please explain for me what makes your group classifications acceptable.

So stevestojan you gonna watch the debates tonight?  I stopped reading after page 6 and I really not sure what all is going on in here.  But I was looking for your view on this.

51506[/snapback]

Well, my whole view can be summed up like this.

I personally (and this is JUUUUUST me) do not like Bush. I am not overly versed in either candidate, but I know a few key things about each. That being said, I do know I will be voting for Kerry, although I think there HAS to be a better third option somewhere!! Anyway, since i dont think bush will come out tonight and say "I will allow gay marriages" or "I should have waited for UN support to invade iraq" , etc, etc, I dont think anything but the same old jargon will be spit back and forth. No, I had not planned to watch it.

I made the comment that the only people who will watch would be "backwoods morons" (of course that wasnt the best choice of words) OR people who are highly into one candidate or the other. I didnt think the general population would need to watch it, as after 4 years of Bush, they either like him or they dont.

Of course my choice of "backwoods moron" was focused on, I was torn apart, and that was the end of any intelligent debate.

I do believe, still, though, that the only people who will watch will be people with no clue who shouldnt be voting (why do they need this debate to make up their minds - that's scary) or people who are, by nature, heavily into politics.

So, thats all. I am voting for Kerry, wishing there was a third viable (realistic) choice, and that's that.

51503[/snapback]

What's a "biggot?"

Would you please help me understand why you feel it's wrong to call people "&#33;@#&#036;s" but it's perfectly okay for you to call people "backwoods morons?"

Please tell me what the difference is, because if he did use that reference, it was probably as a comparative point to the way you assign names to a group of people. Douche. Backwoods morons. People who have never been with a woman.

51519[/snapback]

If you need to know why it is worse to use the n-word than calling someone a moron, than i really don't ever need to reply to one of your posts again, as you sir, most definitly fall into the latter of the two.

Well go back, and consolidate your opinion then!

51517[/snapback]

Well I think my opinion is that stevestojan is made that all his reality TV's shows are off the air and he forgot to Tivo them last night. He knows he is voting for someone but won't say who, and he doesn't know what that person views are, but who cares his mind is made up, even if he doesn't know the issues. Of course other then CSI not being on TV.

Also I know that Tom and pretty much everyone else doesn't know how to spell potatoes (notice the !@#$ing E you backwoods morons).

Of course my choice of "backwoods moron" was focused on, I was torn apart, and that was the end of any intelligent debate.

You see, stevestojan, this is one of the reasons so many people bust your balls but few people ever come to help your cause.

YOU think the intelligent debate ended when we focused on your comment. Everyone else realized the intelligent debate ended the MOMENT YOU USED the comment.

sorry. bigot.

but here we go again. The PPP alliance focusing on spelling errors and such. Man, you guys should start a fratenity. No one would come to your parties, but at least you could make t-shirts.

51532[/snapback]

You mean no one like YOU would come to one of our parties? There's a tragedy.

This thread has been much more entertaining than tonight's debate will be.

I mean who really needs to see two rich clowns in make up spew off memorized answers, written by others, to questions they've been studying for weeks. It's a frickin joke.

That being said, how can anyone look at the past 4 years and still vote for W. It just amazes me.

You mean no one like YOU would come to one of our parties?  There's a tragedy.

51536[/snapback]

no no. I mean no one who doesn't share your exact opinions. Have you ever noticed that people go to the wall saying how they were abused over here? And no, i don't just mean Sue.

But, I will give you that politics is an especially difficult subject to debate over the internet.

I for one lose my cool a touch more than i would in real life. But so goes the way of the internet.

51519[/snapback]

PC. TV. Backwoods morons gets no offended press. A DC politician used the term "Niggardly" and was forced to resign. No one bothered to check Websters. Some folks just ride along.

I mean who really needs to see two rich clowns in make up spew off memorized answers, written by others, to questions they've been studying for weeks.  It's a frickin joke.

That being said, how can anyone look at the past 4 years and still vote for W.  It just amazes me.

51541[/snapback]

That's all i was trying to say!! Except for the part with "and still vote for Bush". I would have added "and not known who they are voting for". Some people like Bush, and that's not for me to judge.

But I of course came of a little too crass (is that spelled properly?) If i can control that, I think I have a chance.

PC. TV. Backwoods morons gets no offended press. A DC politician used the term "Niggardly" and was forced to resign. No one bothered to check Websters. Some folks just ride along.

51545[/snapback]

I thought we were going to discuss National Defense?

no no. I mean no one who doesn't share your exact opinions. Have you ever noticed that people go to the wall saying how they were abused over here? And no, i don't just mean Sue.

But, I will give you that politics is an especially difficult subject to debate over the internet.

I for one lose my cool a touch more than i would in real life. But so goes the way of the internet.

51543[/snapback]

So? Most Americans are underinformed or misinformed. They also have a VERY difficult time processing information or thinking for themselves. On this board, they are arguing with people who can, do, and have a wealth of experience in this arena. They are getting the education that our woefully lacking government "system" fails to provide.

The internet makes it ALOT easier for people to say what they actually mean. That's a good thing, for the most part. Like everything in life, it's not 100% a good thing. That should never be the expectation.

This country was built on dissent. Alot of it was very contentious and filled with rancor. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

stevestojan Posted Today, 06:02 PM

I made the comment that the only people who will watch would be "backwoods morons" (of course that wasnt the best choice of words) OR people who are highly into one candidate or the other. I didnt think the general population would need to watch it, as after 4 years of Bush, they either like him or they dont.

I do believe, still, though, that the only people who will watch will be people with no clue who shouldnt be voting (why do they need this debate to make up their minds - that's scary) or people who are, by nature, heavily into politics.

So, thats all. I am voting for Kerry, wishing there was a third viable (realistic) choice, and that's that.

Steve, you make it sound so simple with the way people are going to vote. I know some people who do not like Bush, but can not see themselves voting for Kerry. Also, some people do not fully know what Kerry's plans are. That is why some people will let their decisions be made after watching the debate. It may not be the most informed way, but I guarantee it's a lot better than the other people who will vote for a candidate just because they like his name.

I do know who I am voting for, but I will still watch the debate, because I think it is interesting. You are correct in that both candidates will have their answers memorized, but still it is interesting to see how they present themselves.

Now if the debates had a good moderator who would ask tough questions, like Bill O'Reilly or Tim Russert, then the debate would be even better. Alas we will continue to have soft questions thrown out there, but thats the best we can do.

You're trying to interject REASON into this? stevestojan has made his mind up, so have most of the rest of us, and if somehow he doesn't get something he'll ask his sister. We'll all banter about with each other. Anyway, I'm still pis$ed about the vioxx thing. that is some really good stevestojan. Just because a couple people had a stroke shouldn't mean I can't have mine. I'll take risk of stroke over pain most days.

You're trying to interject REASON into this? stevestojan has made his mind up, so have most of the rest of us, and if somehow he doesn't get something he'll ask his sister. We'll all banter about with each other. Anyway, I'm still pis$ed about the vioxx thing. that is some really good stevestojan. Just because a couple people had a stroke shouldn't mean I can't have mine. I'll take risk of stroke over pain most days.

51569[/snapback]

I heard about that. They banned it because it is not safe for some people? Yet, I am still allowed to go to any convience store and by my cigarettes? Oh, I bet the makers of Vioxx dont have a big enough lobby to keep them operating. That's fugged up. If a patient knows the risk involved and chooses to take the medication, why cant they?

I heard about that. They banned it because it is not safe for some people? Yet, I am still allowed to go to any convience store and by my cigarettes? Oh, I bet the makers of Vioxx dont have a big enough lobby to keep them operating. That's fugged up. If a patient knows the risk involved and chooses to take the medication, why cant they?

51583[/snapback]

Good point. We let people vote, who don't know the issues, don't want to hear the candidates points of view, and really only decide to vote based on what their hot pocket says to them in one of their drunken stupors.

I haven't really read through this whole thread (don't really have the time), but I have the following points to add:

1. Why are people getting all hot & bothered about a debate, when it's been consistently proven that nothing said in a debate holds any correlation to how the elected President will act once confronted with real life situations.

2. What's an n-word? Is it something like the L-Word show on Showtime?

3. Why the concern about missing the Apprentice when GE shows the reruns on its 1,000 networks over the course of the week?

4. I don't really like debates, and I can't believe that you would waste all this space arguing about debates. Don't you people have better things to do?

51503[/snapback]

For what it's worth...I've never called anyone a &#33;@#&#036;. Ever. I am, however, adult enough to type nasty words, rather than use puerile little phrases like "n-word".

And...for what it's worth, I never used it here. Despite your continuing delusions. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go tune my banjo and check the still before I sit down to watch "Survivor" with all the other backwoods morons...

I mean who really needs to see two rich clowns in make up spew off memorized answers, written by others, to questions they've been studying for weeks.  It's a frickin joke.

That being said, how can anyone look at the past 4 years and still vote for W.  It just amazes me.

51541[/snapback]

Four? How about thirty?

And then, every time I think that, it's immediately followed by "But then, how can anyone look at the past 30 years and still vote for Kerry?"

Which is then followed by "But look what Bush has managed to do in the past 30 years..."

Et cetera, et cetera. This election makes me sick.

I made the comment that the only people who will watch would be "backwoods morons" (of course that wasnt the best choice of words)

No Ñ•hit, buckwheat. You figure that out all by yourself, or did a troop of monkeys swing by and clue you in?

Yeah...you say something you admit was a dumb choice of words, you're torn apart for it, and it's everyone else's fault intelligent discussion ended. What color is the sky in your world? ;)

choice, and that's that.

51522[/snapback]

Yeah...the really clued-in people will be "vegging out" in front of a "reality TV" show about people stranded on an island...with food...and water...and supervision...and camera crews...and a medical staff...and regular transportation. The "backwoods morons", however, will eschew "reality TV" for a policy discussion by two presidential candidates.

Jesus Christ, where do you get this nonsense? You are so far removed from having a clue, the light from the nearest one will take about 10,000 years to reach you.

Yeah...the really clued-in people will be "vegging out" in front of a "reality TV" show about people stranded on an island...with food...and water...and supervision...and camera crews...and a medical staff...and regular transportation.  The "backwoods morons", however, will eschew "reality TV" for a policy discussion by two presidential candidates. 

Jesus Christ, where do you get this nonsense?  You are so far removed from having a clue, the light from the nearest one will take about 10,000 years to reach you.

51610[/snapback]

Tom, i said the really clued in people (aka the people really into politics) will be watching (along with the backwoods morons). I basically said the people who wont be watching are those that have made up their minds after 4 years of Bush, and arnt overally involved in politics. I fall into that catergory.

Like it or not, even people who watch reality TV get to vote. You might not believe this, but BOTH candidates have had a commercial during survivor. hmmm

Again, twist this to make yourself look smart and take pot shots at me. Everyone else got civil a page or so ago, and I admitted I was a bit crass and used the wrong choice of words. I think "the incredibly uniformed" would have been much better that "backwoods morons" Of course you wont see that.

And you did use the n-word (sorry if you dont like the childish way i write it, but i refuse to type it). Tell everyone that I added it to your post when I quoted you. You didnt call anyone an n-word, I know that, you did however say it. Arnt you a touch embarassed that you cant at least admit to that? I would be.

But you're the mod of this part, so people will believe you. Sad, really.

Anyway, to everyone else, Survivor was not a good one tonight. Spent the time cleaning my bathroom... fun, wow. ;)

I'm voting for Guest ! Who's with me !

51323[/snapback]

I was Guest and that response made me laugh, but for whatever reason I was forced to register to respond....Regardless, my first action was to check out the avatar of 4everBills b/c I could never see what that thing actually looked like as a guest...no comment - regardless, I feel bad for that guy, stop ripping on the poor bastard.

Tom, i said the really clued in people (aka the people really into politics) will be watching (along with the backwoods morons).  I basically said the people who wont be watching are those that have made up their minds after 4 years of Bush, and arnt overally involved in politics. I fall into that catergory.

Like it or not, even people who watch reality TV get to vote. You might not believe this, but BOTH candidates have had a commercial during survivor.  hmmm

Again, twist this to make yourself look smart and take pot shots at me. Everyone else got civil a page or so ago, and I admitted I was a bit crass and used the wrong choice of words. I think "the incredibly uniformed" would have been much better that "backwoods morons" Of course you wont see that.

And you did use the n-word (sorry if you dont like the childish way i write it, but i refuse to type it). Tell everyone that I added it to your post when I quoted you. You didnt call anyone an n-word, I know that, you did however say it. Arnt you a touch embarassed that you cant at least admit to that? I would be.

But you're the mod of this part, so people will believe you. Sad, really.

Anyway, to everyone else, Survivor was not a good one tonight. Spent the time cleaning my bathroom... fun, wow. ;)

51625[/snapback]

Do you do windows too?