The debates tonight!! !@#$!!!

stevestojan

Oh...THEN it's okay to refer to people as "backwoods morons." Okay. I got it. Good to know.

51275[/snapback]

Right, If i said someone is either a backwoods moron or their name is Paco, then it shouldnt offend you.

But, you choose to be offended.

Get ready for the big bout tonight..

they should put it on PPV!!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BIB, like i responded above, there was a OR in that sentence. But you were #2 of 3 that I knew wouldnt read past it. And i stick by it. People who watch tonights debate are either f-cking morons who will base their vote on this debate (who obviously dont pay attention to day to day and year to year events) OR - I REPEAT OR - ONE MORE TIME OR - those who are supporters of either candidate and simply like to watch them.... 

I am neither. I can't stand Bush or what he has done OVER FOUR YEARS. I dont need two hours tonight to make me realize that I THINK he is not a good president. (my opinion).  Also, I am not a big Kerry Supporter, but like i said, lesser of two evils. So, again, I have no reason to watch.

I will reluctantly vote for Kerry.

51263[/snapback]

I most definitely read past the OR, and that still doesn't change what was written before it. And I think you are missing my point. You think what you think, and you have every right to decide what you want. It's another step, IMO in the wrong direction for calling folks who don't think the way you do stupid. I'm most likely not watching the debates either, but I don't think EVERYONE who does is either a blind partisan or a moron. Could be, but I doubt it. I will also agree with you that no one should be basing their vote on one debate, after all if nothing else there are two more. I DO think that there might be more than a few as I pointed out earlier, who are using this as just a piece of the puzzle. Sadly, many people are not going to do their homework on this one, and might not vote at all. There's a difference between being purposely ignorant and stupid.

I have a particular interest in Defense Policy. That will be the main focus of tonight's debate. I'd watch Kerry's POV if I didn't think it would change by Tuesday.

kerry tells us tonight what his plans are then spends all day tomarrow telling us somehing different.why would you want someone who has voted for every tax increse missed 78% of security meetings and he has the BALLS to say he can defend this land better.says he knows how the little guy feels bull stevestojan,he could give too stevestojan for the little guy.he had no better plan on the middle east , but says he could have done it better but not going to say how UNTIL AFTER HE IS ELECTED what an ass clown .what has he ever done . NOTHING

Right, If i said someone is either a backwoods moron or their name is Paco, then it shouldnt offend you.

51277[/snapback]

That actually WOULD offend me, stevestojan, because I'm not quite sure what you have accomplished in your life that justifies your standing in judgement of backwoods morons. Oh, wait. You don't care what anyone thinks of you. But you clearly believe they care about what you think of them since you take every opportunity to open your yap and stand in judgement of them. Particularly if they don't agree with you.

You should heed BiB's words. He's right on the money.

kerry tells us tonight what  his plans are then spends all day tomarrow telling us somehing different.why would you want someone who has voted for every tax increse  missed 78% of security meetings and he has the BALLS to say he can defend this land better.says he knows how the little guy feels bull stevestojan,he could give too stevestojan for the little guy.he had no better plan on the middle east , but says he could have done it better but not going to say how UNTIL AFTER HE IS ELECTED what an ass clown .what has he ever done . NOTHING

51282[/snapback]

Wow. I finally can say to you...THANK YOU! :huh:

That's funny...you didn't the first time, you had to go back and stick that "OR..." clause in it...  :huh:  :lol:  :lol:

51279[/snapback]

again retardo, listen. And i will say this as simply as i can, because i know its getting tough for you.

First, i never edited that post. Ask a mod ( a real one) and they will confirm that.

But you had such a hardon over arguing here that you didnt read my whole post.

And yes, I still stick by it.

If someone is watching the debate tonight they are either:

1) Some backwoods moron who hasnt paid attention to the world in the last 4 years. Because the average american SHOULD not need one night to decide whether or not they are happy with Bush and/or they think Kerry can do a better job.

or

2) Someone who is a supporter of either candidate and just likes to follow their campaigns.

I told you. From what I know, Kerry believes that we do not need to make an admendment to the constitution for gay marriage. He feels it should be a state issue, left to each of the 50. That is as of his most recent stand on it.

As far as the Defense of Marriage Act, he has flip-flopped several times (most recently this spring, and before in 1996), as he is so famous for doing. And which is why I am not overally excited about casting my vote for him. But again, lesser of two evils.

Man, my fingers are getting tired from responding to things i have already said 100 times.

Maybe that's why you need the debates. 4 years of being pounded in the head by one presidents stance wasnt enough. You need two more hours.

First, i never edited that post. Ask a mod ( a real one) and they will confirm that.

Liar. And a bad one at that.

I told you. From what I know, Kerry believes that we do not need to make an admendment to the constitution for gay marriage. He feels it should be a state issue, left to each of the 50. That is as of his most recent stand on it.

If that were true, then why is he against state legislation on the matter (specifically quoted as being against the Massachusetts DOMA), citing the primacy of the federal law on the subject?

Care to re-examine that statement of his position? Maybe you'd like to go out and get a little more information? Oh, I forgot...TV's on...

It's POLLS, Mr. Ejamacation. I take it Kerry is getting your vote.

51262[/snapback]

Implying political affiliation can be detected based on spelling words correctly on a football message board is idiotic. Grow up. Anyway, Democrats are more prevalent at the higher end of the education scale as well as at the lower end - it works both ways.

Liar.  And a bad one at that.

51308[/snapback]

Listen Tom. Like I said, Go ask a mod. They will CONFIRM that i had that whole statement on there. They can obviously see that I never changed that. And since you are a fake mod, you can probably ask one of them.

Dont be pissed that you didnt read the whole thing and jumped to conclusions. Its ok. You obviously have some emotional issues anyway. Its ok buddy... its ok.

And I answered your questions about kerry as best I can. Again, Im guessing the average voter doesnt know half of what I just told you. AND I TOLD YOU, I AM NOT A BIG KERRY FAN. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO HEAR IT?

I could have given you his entire campaign in written form, and you would have found fault.

Buddy, listen, its ok. Really. The sun will come up tomorrow. I will have seen Survivor, and you will finally know whether you like Bush or not.

Got it?

Implying political affiliation can be detected based on spelling words correctly on a football message board is idiotic.  Grow up.  Anyway, Democrats are more prevalent at the higher end of the education scale as well as at the lower end - it works both ways.

51315[/snapback]

I'm voting for Guest ! Who's with me !

Listen Tom. Like I said, Go ask a mod. They will CONFIRM that i had that whole statement on there. They can obviously see that I never changed that. And since you are a fake mod, you can probably ask one of them.

Dont be pissed that you didnt read the whole thing and jumped to conclusions. Its ok. You obviously have some emotional issues anyway. Its ok buddy... its ok.

And I answered your questions about kerry as best I can. Again, Im guessing the average voter doesnt know half of what I just told you. AND I TOLD YOU, I AM NOT A BIG KERRY FAN. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED TO HEAR IT?

I could have given you his entire campaign in written form, and you would have found fault.

Buddy, listen, its ok. Really. The sun will come up tomorrow. I will have seen Survivor, and you will finally know whether you like Bush or not.

Got it?

51320[/snapback]

So you're voting for Kerry...but don't know what he stands for...but know you don't need to know...and can't miss Survivor. You'll leave the debates to the backwoods morons. Then, tomorrow, you can get on the internet and ask all the backwoods morons what happened, because they never went to college and don't understand it's too much of a botther for you to do your own homework...

stevestojan said:

People who watch tonights debate are either f-cking morons who will base their vote on this debate (who obviously don't pay attention to day to day and year to year events) OR - I REPEAT OR - ONE MORE TIME OR - those who are supporters of either candidate and simply like to watch them....

I admit, I plan to watch tonight's debate. If that changes anyone's opinion of me, tough. :lol:

I am more curious to see how each candidate reacts to the questions and see if either has anything to say. I do not expect it to change my mind about who I am voting for, but it might be entertaining.

I will leave it to you to decide which side of the "OR" I sit on. :huh:

Since this is a football chat room, I should point out that HOF WR Steve Largent was one of the folks who introduced DOMA back in 1996. B)

So you're voting for Kerry...but don't know what he stands for...but know you don't need to know...and can't miss Survivor.  You'll leave the debates to the backwoods morons.  Then, tomorrow, you can get on the internet and ask all the backwoods morons what happened, because they never went to college and don't understand it's too much of a botther for you to do your own homework...

51331[/snapback]

Wow. I knew you had emotional issues, but you just went way over my expectations there! Congrats. Really. That was good. You even used the n-word. I won't type it, but i find it rather shocking that you found it ok to do so.

Then, I love this part:

"Then, tomorrow, you can get on the internet and ask all the backwoods morons what happened, because they never went to college and don't understand it's too much of a botther for you to do your own homework..."

Holy crap, if I find a sentence in the next week that makes less sense than that, i will definitely post it. That's HOF material right there. You just love sticking with that homework thing, don't you? Well, if it's all ya got, go with it it!

But really, you may want to consider Paxil, or WellButrin, etc. . .

Liar.  And a bad one at that.

If that were true, then why is he against state legislation on the matter (specifically quoted as being against the Massachusetts DOMA), citing the primacy of the federal law on the subject?

Care to re-examine that statement of his position?  Maybe you'd like to go out and get a little more information?  Oh, I forgot...TV's on...

51308[/snapback]

Hey man, I know what you're trying to do, but isn't the DOMA a bit arcane. I mean is there anyone out there basing their vote on it?

Is somebody saying, "I really don't like the way Bush led us into way in Iraq, but he's really keepin' the queers in their place, so I'll vote for him."

Or, "I really like the way Kerry wants to deal with outsourcing, but man, he's going to let fags get married." (I know that's not his actual position, it's hyperbole.)

Nobody knows a candidate's position on every issue, nor should they have to. Voters tend to focus on a few key issues and make their decisions from there, because platforms rarely hang together (Pro NAFTA=aniti gay marriage?).

Hell, Bush himself couldn't even name important world leaders before the 2000 election, but that didn't stop Republicans from voting for him.

The debates should be a source of knowledge, but unfortunately, they've been watered down so much, they've become pretty worthless.

Too bad the political parties don't view the electorate as being able to handle a constructive conversation between the two candidates. Instead they package every answer and control every question until the process becomes meaningless.

We're not going to learn the candidates true positions on the war, or economy, or DOMA in these debates.

Why? Because the parties view the voters as backwoods morons, unable to handle anything more intelligible than a 30 second sound bite.

stevestojan said:

I admit, I plan to watch tonight's debate. If that changes anyone's opinion of me, tough.  :lol:

I am more curious to see how each candidate reacts to the questions and see if either has anything to say. I do not expect it to change my mind about who I am voting for, but it might be entertaining.

I will leave it to you to decide which side of the "OR" I sit on.  :huh:

Since this is a football chat room, I should point out that HOF WR Steve Largent was one of the folks who introduced DOMA back in 1996.  B)

51337[/snapback]

Rock, then I apologize (watch Tom's reaction to this one!!): If you watch you are either a backwoods moron, a supporter of one of the candidates, or just going into it pretty sure it wont change your mind but its gonna be on every channel anyway, and someone might (1% chance) say something interesting, and there is nothing else on.

Wow. I knew you had emotional issues, but you just went way over my expectations there! Congrats. Really. That was good.  You even used the n-word. I won't type it, but i find it rather shocking that you found it ok to do so.

Then, I love this part:

"Then, tomorrow, you can get on the internet and ask all the backwoods morons what happened, because they never went to college and don't understand it's too much of a botther for you to do your own homework..."

Holy crap, if I find a sentence in the next week that makes less sense than that, i will definitely post it. That's HOF material right there.  You just love sticking with that homework thing, don't you? Well, if it's all ya got, go with it it!

But really, you may want to consider Paxil, or WellButrin, etc. . .

51339[/snapback]

And all you have is cracks about psychopharmacology? Fabulous debating skills there. When all else fails, pretend mental illness is a stigma. What, are you in third grade or something?

You are a piece of stevestojan, you know that? And yes, if I ever meet you, I will say that to your face.

Rock, then I apologize (watch Tom's reaction to this one!!): If you watch you are either a backwoods moron, a supporter of one of the candidates, or just going into it pretty sure it wont change your mind but its gonna be on every channel anyway, and someone might (1% chance) say something interesting, and there is nothing else on.

51345[/snapback]

I admit it, I am a backwoods moron. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :huh::lol::lol:

stevestojan said:

I admit, I plan to watch tonight's debate. If that changes anyone's opinion of me, tough.  :lol:

I will leave it to you to decide which side of the "OR" I sit on.  :huh:

Since this is a football chat room, I should point out that HOF WR Steve Largent was one of the folks who introduced DOMA back in 1996.  B)

51337[/snapback]

Man, you sure are deep....since everyone is going to the poles to vote, you got your butterflys set up yet? I'm thinking of going electronic. :lol:

51345[/snapback]

Okay, so now the people watching it are either "backwoods morons," "a supporter of a candidate" OR someone who is "just going into it pretty sure it won't change yourmind bit it's gonna be on every channel anyway."

Way to keep from pissing off too many people.

And all you have is cracks about psychopharmacology?  Fabulous debating skills there.  When all else fails, pretend mental illness is a stigma.  What, are you in third grade or something?

You are a piece of stevestojan, you know that?  And yes, if I ever meet you, I will say that to your face.

51347[/snapback]

Tom, I only go with what i see. You took a phrase "backwoods moron" and associated it with the n-word.

999 out of 1000 people would never even think of those two words as being even in the same galaxy together.

You do have anger issues thats all.

I made my points, you won't listen to them, you rip on me, I give it back.

I told you I am not fully schooled on Kerry, but you asked me a question, and I answered it to the best of my knowledge.

You wanted more (of course). I decided i didnt want to google and paste, so i repeatedly told you what i did know, and that wasnt enough.

Then i told you that i never edited my post, and that you can have a mod verify that, and all you could say was "liar".

Ok. I wasnt lying, but thats fine.

Then you implied that i mean the n-word by saying backwoods moron.

Tom, if that sounds sane to you, I feel really bad.

But don't worry, I'll watch the debate tonight. Just to make you happy :huh:

Maybe I'll just vote for that nut job Nader....

51362[/snapback]

A vote for Nader is a vote for the W, that's why Republicans are funding him....oops, don't want to politicize this "TV-viewing demographics" thread....nevermind....

Woohoo!  Spearing Contest!!!

How long 'til this thread gets zapped?

I'm recording the debate on my TIVO, what does that make me? :huh:

51361[/snapback]

A technologically proficient backwoods moron? Or, maybe a technologically proficient partisan hack, or...

my head hurts. and I'm REALLY pi$sed off. I heard driving back tonight that VIOXX is getting pulled off the market. That's how I get through a day.

Hey man, I know what you're trying to do, but isn't the DOMA a bit arcane.  I mean is there anyone out there basing their vote on it?

Is somebody saying, "I really don't like the way Bush led us into way in Iraq, but he's really keepin' the queers in their place, so I'll vote for him."

Or, "I really like the way Kerry wants to deal with outsourcing, but man, he's going to let fags get married."  (I know that's not his actual position, it's hyperbole.)

Nobody knows a candidate's position on every issue, nor should they have to.  Voters tend to focus on a few key issues and make their decisions from there, because platforms rarely hang together (Pro NAFTA=aniti gay marriage?).

Hell, Bush himself couldn't even name important world leaders before the 2000 election, but that didn't stop Republicans from voting for him.

The debates should be a source of knowledge, but unfortunately, they've been watered down so much, they've become pretty worthless.

Too bad the political parties don't view the electorate as being able to handle a constructive conversation between the two candidates.  Instead they package every answer and control every question until the process becomes meaningless.

We're not going to learn the candidates true positions on the war, or economy, or DOMA in these debates.

Why?  Because the parties view the voters as backwoods morons, unable to handle anything more intelligible than a 30 second sound bite.

51342[/snapback]

Actually...yeah, people are saying that. I'm sure - dead positive, actually - that there's voters out there who'll vote for Bush because he's "keeping the queers in check" or the like. None I respect (well...a few. I can understand why a gay couple would vote for Kerry based on that issue alone, having a vested interest in it), mind you...but they're out there.

But my POINT was (as I think you know) that someone who claims the debates are a waste of time because he's informed enough is a fool...especially when he's not fully informed on his candidate. Is DOMA a major issue? For some...mostly either gays (who I have nothing against) or homophobes (who need to stop worring about what other men do with their penises). I chose it merely because Kerry's position on it is quite possibly the most convoluted and self-contradictory of all his positions (save maybe taxes)...and I felt that someone who had such full knowledge of his candidate that he could leave everything forthcoming to the "backwoods morons" should be able to answer it.

But hey, if he has to resort to mental illness jokes...I guess that's a sound basis for casting a vote, too... :huh:

If you want to have an intelligent debate on the candidates, come on over to PPP and I'll indulge you. Because it's not going to happen in this thread with this audience...

But hey, if he has to resort to mental illness jokes...I guess that's a sound basis for casting a vote, too...  :huh:

If you want to have an intelligent debate on the candidates, come on over to PPP and I'll indulge you.  Because it's not going to happen in this thread with this audience...

51370[/snapback]

Tom, the simple fact is, you brought up the n-word - most likely the most vile word in the english language - out of NO WHERE.

If I want to have an intelligent debate, it will NOT be with someone who does that.

Sure, calling people "backwoods morons" is not PC (hey, its not even nice), but associating it with that word and then expect people to take you seriously? Please.