WHO HAS HAD THE BEST DRAFT....

sven233

I have to say that the Jets have had the best draft so far. And I am saying that based on their first 2 picks!!!!! They got 2 guys, D'Brick and Mangold, that were THE BEST AT THEIR POSITIONS!!!!

On top of that they are both O-Linemen that will be dominant for many years to come. Granted, it might not be right away, but they have solidified their O-Line for years.

Also, the other players they picked up were solid. Not on D'Brick's and Mangold's level, but they are solid.

San Fran also had a pretty good draft as well.

This is a stupid topic. I'm sorry, it is.

The fact of the matter is that year in and year out there are certain teams that have "great drafts" on the first day. But really there is no way to tell how anybody did. The only thing you guys are going off of are names, potential, and reputation. NO HARD FACTS.

Wait three years, and then ask this question.

I like Arizona's: QB Leinart, OG Deuce Latui, and TE Pope.

677024[/snapback]

i understand that these are all exciting big name players, but arizona had a massive passing O last year.

they have a crap D all over the place and a suspect O line. the one OG might be a nice fit, but they will get very little next year from this draft

I have to say that the Jets have had the best draft so far.  And I am saying that based on their first 2 picks!!!!!  They got 2 guys, D'Brick and Mangold, that were THE BEST AT THEIR POSITIONS!!!!

On top of that they are both O-Linemen that will be dominant for many years to come.  Granted, it might not be right away, but they have solidified their O-Line for years.

Also, the other players they picked up were solid.  Not on D'Brick's and Mangold's level, but they are solid.

San Fran also had a pretty good draft as well.

677020[/snapback]

there was another team who got the best ot at #4 and the best center in the draft a couple years ago, and their offensive line still sucks-the oakland raiders. the jets will be at the bottom of the division next year, especially if they try to start both these rookies. how many rookie o-line starters play effectively? almost none. the bills did far more to improve themselves for next year than the jets did. long term, who knows? but those that predict disaster for the bills and good things for the jets next year based on these draft picks are not being realistic.

there was another team who got the best ot at #4 and the best center in the draft a couple years ago, and their offensive line still sucks-the oakland raiders.  the jets will be at the bottom of the division next year, especially if they try to start both these rookies.  how many rookie o-line starters play effectively?  almost none.  the bills did far more to improve themselves for next year than the jets did.  long term, who knows?  but those that predict disaster for the bills and good things for the jets next year based on these draft picks are not being realistic.

677051[/snapback]

well said

The fact of the matter is that year in and year out there are certain teams that have "great drafts" on the first day. But really there is no way to tell how anybody did. The only thing you guys are going off of are names, potential, and reputation. NO HARD FACTS.

677040[/snapback]

While I do agree with this, the question is about names and reputation at this point. It is impossible to know for sure, but to say that you can't have an opinion right now is nuts! Of course you can have an opinion and it may or may not be right. But, based on what we know to this point, you can formulate an opinion. As time moves on, that opinion may or may not change.

To say this is a stupid topic???? That is going a little too far.

677024[/snapback]

I agree. Getting Pope made their offense that more potent. Thats a heck of a passing attack, and great runner in the 'Edge' They will give the 'Hawks a run for their money this year.

While I do agree with this, the question is about names and reputation at this point.  It is impossible to know for sure, but to say that you can't have an opinion right now is nuts!  Of course you can have an opinion and it may or may not be right.  But, based on what we know to this point, you can formulate an opinion.  As time moves on, that opinion may or may not change. 

To say this is a stupid topic????  That is going a little too far.

677059[/snapback]

You may be right about a few things. But most of the people who bring up topics like this think that all of the people in the first round are going to be hall of famers. I agree that you can formulate an opinion, but there is no certainty behind those opinions so therefore it is just empty reterect.

It is not a personal attack of any kind, it is just that i think it is a little pre mature for this.

677024[/snapback]

That looks like a good draft but at some point Arizona is going to have to stop opposing teams from scoring. Denny Green thinks he's putting together a fantasy football team.

You may be right about a few things. But most of the people who bring up topics like this think that all of the people in the first round are going to be hall of famers. I agree that you can formulate an opinion, but there is no certainty behind those opinions so therefore it is just empty reterect.

It is not a personal attack of any kind, it is just that i think it is a little pre mature for this.

677089[/snapback]

Well, I am definately not one of those people. There is no such thing as a sure thing. Maybe I should have worded the post a little differently....

Maybe something like......

Based on what we already know about the players that were drafted, who do you think will end up having the best draft 3-5 years from now?

Of course it is impossible to rate this draft for the future, but I was shooting for who, on paper so far, do you think had the best draft? We won't know who is right or wrong for 3-5 more years! But, it is fun to speculate. That is all this thread was meant for - just meant for fun!

677040[/snapback]

Well duh.

But there is a time and place for wild speculation about the draft, and that is draft day.

I suppose you would rather be discussing more serious topics this weekend, like whether or not Roscoe is too small to play in the NFL, or who will start at QB.

the BILLS , why would anyone that is a bills fan think any different ???

677043[/snapback]

Suppose Mike Tyson chose to pick a fight with a little old lady. I'd be rooting for the lady to win the fight. But there's a difference between which person I hope would win, and which person I expect to win. I hope the Bills had the best draft. But if you were to offer me a choice between Ferguson and Mangold on the one hand, or Whitner and McCargo on the other . . . that's an easy choice.